Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Carl Yagro »

Remember Steve Armitage at the CBC? Everytime I saw him around the downtown studios or reporting in the streets, he looked like WC Fields... all red faced with a huge, red bulbous nose.

The guy looked drunk asf on the job.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is it Just Me - Team 1040

Taylor just read out mine “does Matt Sekeres have a man crush on Mike Gillis?”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rikster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:16 pm The guy I miss is John Mckeachie and his endless tales and stories and a fellow Victorian.

https://www.gvshof.ca/inductees-2/all-i ... -2012.html

Take care...
I'll never forget the time Tiger got in is face and threatened an ass-whooping! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:19 pm Remember Steve Armitage at the CBC? Everytime I saw him around the downtown studios or reporting in the streets, he looked like WC Fields... all red faced with a huge, red bulbous nose.

Armitage was a wrinser for sure. Helmet Head fathered a child with Constable Ann Drennan that plays for the Sabres now. So was Mckeachie. Fucking marble mouth Mckeachie. The only saving grace for that guy was that he did land some good guests somehow. Otherwise he was an idiot with horrible delivery and worse people skills.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:20 pm
Hank wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:19 pm Remember Steve Armitage at the CBC? Everytime I saw him around the downtown studios or reporting in the streets, he looked like WC Fields... all red faced with a huge, red bulbous nose.

Armitage was a wrinser for sure. Helmet Head fathered a child with Constable Ann Drennan that plays for the Sabres now. So was Mckeachie. Fucking marble mouth Mckeachie. The only saving grace for that guy was that he did land some good guests somehow. Otherwise he was an idiot with horrible delivery and worse people skills.
McKeachie is a great guy....

In a previous work like I was a Banker and dealt with a number of sports personalities, including some in the media....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZzQdtD-P9c

Pamela Martin, now that brings back some memories...

Take care...
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1288401

Funny interview with Shane Malloy, the clowns at 1040 try so hard to get him to slag on Benning and he doesn’t.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rikster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:20 pm

McKeachie is a great guy....

In a previous work like I was a Banker and dealt with a number of sports personalities, including some in the media....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZzQdtD-P9c

Pamela Martin, now that brings back some memories...

Take care...
Pamela Martin is to Rikster what Anne Drennan was to the dude
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I've been reading here for years, Central before that, and I don't think I've ever actually heard the Anne Drennan story...?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Before she was the vpd spokesperson she was speaking into the dudes mike
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:30 pm Before she was the vpd spokesperson she was speaking into the dudes mike
Gillian Guess was another Dude conquest. She looks like she blew a beehive with those lips. Then again the Dude did frequent the DTES for decades so she might have gotten a bad batch ...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Dude plugging away on the cougars of Cordova :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

UDL, Blob speaks from experience. I have nothing to do with his delusions of me. He’s reaching out for help with the old “ I know a guy who has a crack cocaine problem” referring to himself. 3rd person in need.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:21 am UDL, Blob speaks from experience. I have nothing to do with his delusions of me. He’s reaching out for help with the old “ I know a guy who has a crack cocaine problem” referring to himself. 3rd person in need.
A likely story. You owned all of these affairs many years ago, might be an idea to come clean. Sort of cathartic for you perhaps.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:38 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:30 pm Before she was the vpd spokesperson she was speaking into the dudes mike
Gillian Guess was another Dude conquest. She looks like she blew a beehive with those lips. Then again the Dude did frequent the DTES for decades so she might have gotten a bad batch ...
Cammon really? Gillian Guess?!
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm Dude plugging away on the cougars of Cordova :lol:
:shock: :shock:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:56 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:38 pm
Cammon really? Gillian Guess?!
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm Dude plugging away on the cougars of Cordova :lol:
:shock: :shock:
True story.