Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol I hit a nerve :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

New
Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
I said earlier this week on #TSN1040 to keep an eye on Wayne Simmonds as a potential player #Canucks go after at deadline.
3:57 PM - Feb 6, 2020
:?:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:28 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:08 pm I got hard for Gillis along time ago. :lol: Gillis will never skullet toss another kid again
:lol:

Dont forget Holland and whats his names dad.

Were they were running a skullet tossing train?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Wooly Socks BW and his wood burning stove and cowichan toques doing his Mary Jane yoga between hits. “I’m tight, I need to lay on my back and stretch.”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'm not quite at the point where i enjoy whale song music but I have to say I'm diggin cross country skiing. My lungs are bitching but its a good day out
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Heard a caller on Reach Deep take a guess in their Password bit - " Chef Boyardee."

Dude, your thoughts?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:01 pm Heard a caller on Reach Deep take a guess in their Password bit - " Chef Boyardee."

Dude, your thoughts?
:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Burke showed exactly what a fuckwad he is (Aaron, your comments) with his comments about emergency backups. Critical of Dave Ayres, because he is a 42 year old Zamboni driver. No mention or knowledge of him being a Leaf and Marley practice regular.

Forget objectivity and depth of knowledge and research, go for the sensational contrarian opinion.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

With basically no sports in the world occurring within the next few moths it will be interesting to see what happens on TSN and Sportsnet. Why they ever needed 4 channels each is beyond me.

Stupid jack asses deserve the shit kicking on viewership.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:42 pm With basically no sports in the world occurring within the next few moths it will be interesting to see what happens on TSN and Sportsnet. Why they ever needed 4 channels each is beyond me.

Stupid jack asses deserve the shit kicking on viewership.
They didn't use 3, 4 or 5 much anyways. In retrospect, the reason those extra channels first came in to being is they
thought they were resigning with the NHL.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

markvan@Mark_VDG What trade did you work on with the leaves that would have shocked the world but never quite came to fruition? #askburkie
5:04 PM · Apr 2, 2020·

Brian Burke@Burkie2020
We were all in hard on Luongo around the time when I got fired. The price would have come down to a lot but we were in the mix. They asked for Gardiner, Kadri and two firsts. Way too step, even for @strombone1
I had originally thought of posting this in the LOL thread but I know how sensitive Doyle is. Image
Think of it though. What would have been? Coulda dumped this in the leaves thread too.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sekeres and Price hate Tryamkin, Yuge. Could give two shits about him. Price is happy if we trade his rights for a bucket of pucks. Idiots. It’s only because their Spiritual Guru Advisor - Gillis is against the idea of drafting Russians
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:02 am
markvan@Mark_VDG What trade did you work on with the Leaves that would have shocked the world but never quite came to fruition? #askburkie
5:04 PM · Apr 2, 2020·

Brian Burke@Burkie2020
We were all in hard on Luongo around the time when I got fired. The price would have come down to a lot but we were in the mix. They asked for Gardiner, Kadri and two firsts. Way too step, even for @strombone1
I had originally thought of posting this in the LOL thread but I know how sensitive Doyle is. Image
No offense but only a drooling loon would have considered posting that in the LOL thread.

How many times do we have to explain to you what that thread is all about good buddy!

Also, that is the 69th time you've done the Muttley snicker, make him your avatar and get it over with...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

TSN Radio Vancouver@TSN1040
LISTEN
https://post.futurimedia.com/ckstam/pla ... 566.790230
@frank_seravalli
: #Canucks must push for compensatory picks for Toffoli trade if season doesn't return; not unthinkable that league revenues drop to a point where salary cap could be substantially cut down the road
Seravalli: Will Canucks be in line for compensatory picks for Toffoli trade if season doesn't return
Frank Seravalli suggests it's not unthinkable that NHL revenue drops massively, which could lead to a much, much lower salary cap. Frank also says the league has it on the list of things to discuss,...
post.futurimedia.com
7:38 AM · Apr 16, 2020·
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:17 pm
TSN Radio Vancouver@TSN1040
LISTEN
https://post.futurimedia.com/ckstam/pla ... 566.790230
@frank_seravalli
: #Canucks must push for compensatory picks for Toffoli trade if season doesn't return; not unthinkable that league revenues drop to a point where salary cap could be substantially cut down the road
Seravalli: Will Canucks be in line for compensatory picks for Toffoli trade if season doesn't return
Frank Seravalli suggests it's not unthinkable that NHL revenue drops massively, which could lead to a much, much lower salary cap. Frank also says the league has it on the list of things to discuss,...
post.futurimedia.com
7:38 AM · Apr 16, 2020·
Salary Cap will not be "much, much lower"... Seravalli lol.

I mean, think about it.

Salary cap drops to $60M for 2020-21.

Things go back to normal and the salary cap SPRONG jumps to $85M the following season.

Can you see how damaging that would be?

The NHL doesn't have to let the Cap drop, so why would they?

Whatever that artificial number is, they still get 50% of revenues.

If playoffs are cancelled this year

... it only means they need to negotiate how the players are going to pay back some of their 2019-20 salaries.

Meanwhile the cap gets set for the next season based upon revenue projections, if C19 is under control, the 2020-21 projection

... should be about what?
____
Try to focus on someday.