Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micky wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:41 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 pm Is he a relative of yours Gomer?
Not me, (and don't fucking call me that limpy), but you fit the bill better Image
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 pm Is he a relative of yours Gomer?
Not me, (and don't fucking call me that limpy), but you fit the bill better Image
jebus Gomes!! what happened to you in that pic?? Your grandmother beat you for slipping her the tongue for the obligatory Christmas kiss again??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:14 pm jebus Gomes!! what happened to you in that pic?? Your grandmother beat you for slipping her the tongue for the obligatory Christmas kiss again??
Only ,. Saskatchers could even have thoughts like that.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sorry Rock Pyle
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Chef texts Halford and Brough all the time
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bob McKenzie steps back a bit on the job from the day-to-day responsibilities with TSN, but will still do the big hockey events.

https://post.futurimedia.com/ckstam/pla ... 857.958938
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol just listening to Nasaly Sekeres and he and Blake are trying to talk NFL. You guys are lost. Stick to what you know - the CFL and and the beer league MSL.

Get your adenoids out buds. You are killing our ears.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Matthew Sekeres
..........TSN.HF
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1499165

Haha, button pissing sekeres off by being optimistic about the Canucks.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:29 pm https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1499165

Sorry I can't listen to Sekeres but is this the piece where Button says the Canucks are the closest of the Canadian teams to winning the Stanley Cup?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:19 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:29 pm https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1499165

Sorry I can't listen to Sekeres but is this the piece where Button says the Canucks are the closest of the Canadian teams to winning the Stanley Cup?
That’s the one
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Remember when Howie Meeker used to do colour for the Canucks games on BCTV with Bernie Pascall announcing the games? I remember in between periods they were having a 3 way conversation with John Mckeachie and Mckeach asked Howie something that pissed him off. Howie called him a dummy right on the air. Mckeachie with that bowl cut and dopey face with the big rum nose didn’t know what to say. Fucking gold it ‘twas.

Barry Houlihan used to get Howie all worked up too. The Canucks were so bad then but I used to laugh at that shit. Pascall was an absolutely horrible broadcaster though. So wooden, much like Gary Monahan or later Dave Thomlinsen.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:08 am Remember when Howie Meeker used to do colour for the Canucks games on BCTV with Bernie Pascall announcing the games? I remember in between periods they were having a 3 way conversation with John Mckeachie and Mckeach asked Howie something that pissed him off. Howie called him a dummy right on the air. Mckeachie with that bowl cut and dopey face with the big rum nose didn’t know what to say. Fucking gold it ‘twas.

Barry Houlihan used to get Howie all worked up too. The Canucks were so bad then but I used to laugh at that shit. Pascall was an absolutely horrible broadcaster though. So wooden, much like Gary Monahan or later Dave Thomlinsen.
Mckeachie looked like that lurch from No Country for Old Men.

I havent heard the name Barry Houlihan in a while though. Whatever happened to him?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Houlihan is flogging real estate these days along with ex NHL players Gary Monahan, Gary Valk and Mark Lofthouse.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:08 am Remember when Howie Meeker used to do colour for the Canucks games on BCTV with Bernie Pascall announcing the games? I remember in between periods they were having a 3 way conversation with John Mckeachie and Mckeach asked Howie something that pissed him off. Howie called him a dummy right on the air. Mckeachie with that bowl cut and dopey face with the big rum nose didn’t know what to say. Fucking gold it ‘twas.

Buddy, you're bringing back some great memories. I didn't think Pascall was bad, he used to get a lot of national and international work if I recall but Mckeachie and Meeker were more entertaining than the games during a lot of those dark days. Thanks for posting this!