Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:28 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:25 pm
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 am A highly speculative use of Twtter;
Sportsnet 650@Sportsnet650
@irfgaffar on Toffoli/Markstrom: They've made it a priority that they went to get these 2 guys in. Toffoli has expressed interest in being in Vancouver & playing with Pettersson. Pettersson has talked to Benning about having him in the room. 4.8 for 4 years could get deal done
4:17 PM · Sep 14, 2020
https://twitter.com/Sportsnet650/status ... 9838108672
Will Irfaan Gaffar catch some flack?
Of course not. :crazy:
This doesn't link to Irf Mick. I get SportsNet650?
Do you think I forged it? I heard he's not affiliated with SN anymore but the tweet is what it is.
Ah, there it is!

I missed the @IrfGaffar there somehow :lol:

I think SN handed Irf's spot to Randip for some reason. I'm not sure what happened there.
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:01 am
I missed the @IrfGaffar there somehow :lol:
IRF GAFFAR? :lol:

Ya no way thats a real name....it sounds like a name you make up to give to the cops when they catch you with a joint at the beach
If you need air...call it in
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:10 am
IRF GAFFAR? :lol:

Ya no way thats a real name....it sounds like a name you make up to give to the cops when they catch you with a joint at the beach
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Not sure if this fits here but what’s up with these Superfan fan YouTubers?

Does anyone watch any of them?

I stumbled across a screaming Toronto Superfan the day they lost to the Zamboni driver that works for them and had a moderate laugh.

Too bad he’s a leafer.

Anyway got me thinking. What do we know about these dudes?

Which ones are worth watching any know?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OK, so which of you bamboozled suckers pay $39.99 per month to the Athletic so you can read exclusives by the likes of Harman Dayal, please stand up
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:21 am OK, so which of you bamboozled suckers pay $39.99 per month to the Athletic so you can read exclusives by the likes of Harman Dayal, please stand up
I initially subscribed for Botchford's post-game pieces. Didn't always agree with him, but he was better than the seal-clapping bunch elsewhere. Dayal, Drance and Arndt are not the same kettle of fish but they're alright.

That and Seahawk coverage and it's not bad for $40/year.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:21 am OK, so which of you bamboozled suckers pay $39.99 per month to the Athletic so you can read exclusives by the likes of Harman Dayal, please stand up
Who pays $40 per month. I did the entire year less than that.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Even though I have linked to a couple of their articles, I have-not/would-not subscribe.

Others summarize/quote/refer-to articles and I brought that info here once or twice.

Also, there are ways to get some of the articles for free if one is so inclined.

Why isn't Micky admitting to being a subscriber?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2Fingers wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:33 pm
Who pays $40 per month. I did the entire year less than that.
It just makes him feel better when he gets to use extreme hyperbole. Let him pick at his diaper in peace.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle - what’s your tab at the Arms up to now? Once a patron at my Dads establishment pulled off an armed robbery to pay off his tab which was in the $1,000’s. You must be getting close to that?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:37 pm Doyle - what’s your tab at the Arms up to now? Once a patron at my Dads establishment pulled off an armed robbery to pay off his tab which was in the $1,000’s. You must be getting close to that?
Lol I don’t run a tab there. They haven’t run tabs for years. One guy fucked it up for everyone. He’s now barred for life.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

40 a month? Holy crapolla! Drance doesn't like you I guess. He must have quoted you on the all encompassing sports deal if there is one.
I just bought a trial on Hockey only about 19 months ago for 30 bucks and I still get the official new one every week-day morning.
I've got to the point I just skim thru quickly to get to the end to press my meh. :lol:

So Doc.. I saw that quoting yesterday. Your saying no more PW? Not that it matters , meh.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:57 pm So Doc.. I saw that quoting yesterday. Your saying no more PW? Not that it matters , meh.
What is PW?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

pay wall
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Okay... PW = paywall... thanks Topper.

Not sure why you would think there's not a paywall at theathletic.com any longer Mick.

EDIT: If you're wondering about the very brief snip/summary of the article I provided, I found that at another site.

(brief snip/summaries are allowed if the source is cited)

The post in question: http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 34#p402834
____
Try to focus on someday.