Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Puck
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Puck »

Halford, Brough and the Dude..

Has a good ring to it. Could be a decent show.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anybody hear Gillis No. 1 Fan - Sekeres lambasting Benning for Lalongo’s cap recapture penalty? He was in hysterics. Pure Comedy Gold
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 am Gotta say, I've done a complete 180 with Pratt, I used to hate him but now I'm a fan of his. For how much Sekeres irritates me his show is probably the best 1040 has now mainly cause his partner provides a good ying yang for that slot. Pratt is saving the morning shot combined with Jake reeling it in. The guys I can't stand are B Mac and Taylor, moron fence sitters lacking hard opinions. Get rid of them!
:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Adjustments, something I can do. As for Blobbee when it comes to adjusting? Well, sometimes ya just can’t teach an old dawg new tricks.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:08 am Adjustments, something I can do. As for Blobbee when it comes to adjusting? Well, sometimes ya just can’t teach an old dawg new tricks.
Not so sure about that. I adjusted from originally liking the fact we acquired Erik Gudbranson. Once I saw him play on a regular basis I was appalled at how poor of a player he was and came to the conclusion that was a horrendous trade. That is called adjusting. Same with the Sutter trade. You on the other hand think both of those trades were excellent and refuse to adjust.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:11 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:08 am Adjustments, something I can do. As for Blobbee when it comes to adjusting? Well, sometimes ya just can’t teach an old dawg new tricks.
Not so sure about that. I adjusted from originally liking the fact we acquired Erik Gudbranson. Once I saw him play on a regular basis I was appalled at how poor of a player he was and came to the conclusion that was a horrendous trade. That is called adjusting. Same with the Sutter trade. You on the other hand think both of those trades were excellent and refuse to adjust.
Everyone sees things differently...

https://www.pensburgh.com/2019/3/21/182 ... sson-fancy

As for Jason and Brough blaming Sportsnet for the Myers bogus rumors, another example of two hosts of a prime time sports talk show in a major market who aren't dialed into the league and havent got their own inside sources to bounce the rumor off...

As for Pratt, have always been a fan and miss him on the radio....I'm also a fan of Walker and if it were up to me I'd put the two together and give them their own show on prime time and maybe give the show an extra hour....

As for Sekeres, I enjoyed his show when he first arrived but not sure what happened to him...

Think he has a bloated ego and maybe a pink slip will bring him back to earth....His daily rant on the loss of Frankie Corado to the leaves was gold bordering on loonie tunes and to listen to him almost straight arm guests to agree with him was embarrassing...

Take care...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rikster wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:11 am
Everyone sees things differently...

https://www.pensburgh.com/2019/3/21/182 ... sson-fancy

As for Jason and Brough blaming Sportsnet for the Myers bogus rumors, another example of two hosts of a prime time sports talk show in a major market who aren't dialed into the league and havent got their own inside sources to bounce the rumor off...

As for Pratt, have always been a fan and miss him on the radio....I'm also a fan of Walker and if it were up to me I'd put the two together and give them their own show on prime time and maybe give the show an extra hour....

As for Sekeres, I enjoyed his show when he first arrived but not sure what happened to him...

Think he has a bloated ego and maybe a pink slip will bring him back to earth....His daily rant on the loss of Frankie Corado to the Leaves was gold bordering on loonie tunes and to listen to him almost straight arm guests to agree with him was embarrassing...

Take care...
Gudbranson had a few short blips of decent play in Vancouver too. Mostly though he was terrible. Go back and look at his ice time in Pittsburgh over the last eight or ten regular season games and into the playoffs. He was down around 15 min per game once they got a larger view of his attributes.

I’m no fan of Sekeres or Price or the Kurtenbloggers. Absolutely they are looking for shit to bitch about when it comes to Canucks management. I rarely listen to either sports station but it’s not because of the negativity. It’s because the shows suck. If I know ahead of time I’ll make time to listen to Ferraro, Mckenzie or LeBrun or Friedman. But the shows are bush league and lack content, diversity and humour. Every single one of them.

Thing is Benning has deserved a lot of grief for a lot of moves especially between 2015- early 2017 which other than the Boeser pick was mostly terrible moves. But IMHO since Feb 2017, the moves have been mostly sound. Sure the Miller trade was an overpayment and Brisebois took Elmer to the woodshed but he was a decent player to target.

Posters like Dude don’t want anything negative reported. They prefer people to be on board with every single move good or bad. No criticism whatsoever and they want the media and the fan base to be Benning cheerleaders.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Matthew Sekeres
‏ @mattsekeres
A few #Canucks notes on Day 3 of free agency:
— Tanev is still available. Think team wants to move some $ to pursue that top-6 W with several candidates still unsigned. Perhaps return a cheaper D.
— Sutter is available but coming off terrible season might have to recoup value

8:57 AM - 3 Jul 20
defining word--"think".
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:32 pm My email to Halford and Brough this morning

“Who’s the idiot source who started the rumour that the Canucks and Myers were talking an $8 Million per year 6 year contract that had all you 1040 Benning Haters in a tizzy last week? Shameful journalism. Amateurs with terrible sources.”

They responded with - “Sportsnet”
That's hilarious!

Dude, you should share all of your emails with the TEAM guys, I noticed this morning (first time I've listened to 1040 in months) that they were oddly defensive about how negative people think they are, I wonder if you're getting to them!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I hammered off a bunch of emails in a row to Halford and Brough but couldn’t stick around long enough. It was around the time they said that people funny we are negative.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:17 am

Posters like Dude don’t want anything negative reported. They prefer people to be on board with every single move good or bad. No criticism whatsoever and they want the media and the fan base to be Benning cheerleaders.
Yep
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Which one were ya yesterday, Dude?
https://twitter.com/mattsekeres/status/ ... 33250?s=09

Check again later today. ;)
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:34 am
Matthew Sekeres
‏ @mattsekeres
A few #Canucks notes on Day 3 of free agency:
— Tanev is still available. Think team wants to move some $ to pursue that top-6 W with several candidates still unsigned. Perhaps return a cheaper D.
— Sutter is available but coming off terrible season might have to recoup value

8:57 AM - 3 Jul 20
defining word--"think".
So in other words he’s just making shit up as usual
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:33 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:17 am

Yep
Oh yeah
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

They had a poll this morning on 1040;am, (Dude's friends), on what to do about about Eriksson.
Poll: Would you throw in Jake Virtanen in a Louis Eriksson trade to help make it happen/
When I left the car, they had over 1,200 responses and 57% said yes.
Don't know how it ended or if it's over at the time I'm posting this.

I wouldn't, not Jake.
"evolution"