Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:32 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:30 am Chef ain’t buying it.
No shit he ain’t buying. Cheap prick won’t even cough up a few bucks for a poppy to support the veterans
Chef cooks up a lotta respect for vets with heart and soul. Don’t need a poppy. Those are for the pretenders
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:30 am :mex: Per, Brown is a Fence Sitter, he’s our Ron McLean, trying to please everyone, Chef ain’t buying it. He’s not very colourful, just beige - the perfect blend of two opposing extremes
I do enjoy a well defined camel toe
Thou doth protest too much.

It’s OK Brown, open that closet door and come out to your confetti
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:31 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:51 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:33 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:31 pm Hey I agree, the world needs to stop pretending we all like each other. That will never happen. All I’m saying this isn’t about the fucking poppies, just a metaphor to “you ain’t the same colour skin as me, so fuck off”
This is the agenda mainstream media is pushing but I really am pretty sure he could give a fuck what you look like if you're BUYING A FUCKING POPPY!!!!!
Not so sure about that

Story

Somewhere in the trench warfare of France during the First World War somewhere between 1916 and 1919, 3 men set out on a patrol wearing gas masks due to the mustard gas filled air. During the patrol they were ambushed. Severely out numbered their only option for survival - RUN! The man on the right of the two men was shot and killed on the spot while running, the man in the middle had his gas mask shot off by a grazing bullet and ran the rest of the way without a mask hiding in an abandoned church waiting it out severely damaging his eyes from the mustard gas in the process. The man with the shot off gas mask was Chef Boi RD’s grandfather, he was dead before I was born, he was 48 when my Mom was born. He never could really see my Mom cause he was legally blind from the war, but he knew his way around, could mow the lawn blind down at his home in kerrisdale with a smoke hanging out of his mouth, your typical crotchety old Scot. Didn’t talk about the war to my Mom but would say if he ever went back to Europe he’d avoid France, only to say what happened there was horrible. His son, my uncle was in world war 2. My grandfather purposely put him in the Air Force academy, Uncle was a bomber. Grandfather said he didn’t want his son to look the enemy in the eye like he did.

Don’t tell me I don’t care

Good story. So, why dont you show respect for dear old grandpa and Uncle and wear a poppy for them and all the rest of Canadians who made this country great?
So if I don’t wear a poppy I don’t respect vets?
Didn't ask that. I asked why you don't show your respect.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:30 am :mex: Per, Brown is a Fence Sitter, he’s our Ron McLean, trying to please everyone, Chef ain’t buying it. He’s not very colourful, just beige - the perfect blend of two opposing extremes
I do enjoy a well defined camel toe
Thou doth protest too much.

It’s OK Brown, open that closet door and come out to your confetti
Oh sorry...I wasn't really listening
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 am Oh sorry...I wasn't really listening
:wink:

I wonder how much flack Rotten Ronnie is getting behind the scenes.

Afraid as they are about standing up to the PC Police in public (understandable)

... the hockey world still hates sniveling back-stabbing cowards.

And the silent majority of the hockey world still loves Donald Cherry.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:39 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 am Oh sorry...I wasn't really listening
:wink:

I wonder how much flack Rotten Ronnie is getting behind the scenes.

Afraid as they are about standing up to the PC Police in public (understandable)

... the hockey world still hates sniveling back-stabbing cowards.

And the silent majority of the hockey world still loves Donald Cherry.
Saturday night 1st intermission will be worth watching for the first time in quite a while as Cherry has been an irritating noise for decades now...well respected or not.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:31 pm
Good story. So, why dont you show respect for dear old grandpa and Uncle and wear a poppy for them and all the rest of Canadians who made this country great?
So if I don’t wear a poppy I don’t respect vets?
Didn't ask that. I asked why you don't show your respect.
Yes,please enlighten us why someone with a history to vets chooses not to wear a poppy?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

dangler wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:47 am
Yes,please enlighten us why someone with a history to vets chooses not to wear a poppy?
Hes a veteran of Anne Drennans strap-on fetish
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:44 am Saturday night 1st intermission will be worth watching for the first time in quite a while as Cherry has been an irritating noise for decades now...well respected or not.
I'm thinking they'll go with Friedman wearing a Don Cherry mask. :mrgreen:

Love him or hate him, Coach's Corner was still the #1 watched segment on HNIC.

Guess Sporstnet figures the Antifa crowd will pick up the slack moving forward...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:44 am
Saturday night 1st intermission will be worth watching for the first time in quite a while as Cherry has been an irritating noise for decades now...well respected or not.
Who the fuck watches intermissions? :)
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:53 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:44 am
Who the fuck watches intermissions? :)
The hot stove segment used to be worth a look
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 am Didn't ask that. I asked why you don't show your respect.
You got me, Smithers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:54 am The hot stove segment used to be worth a look
"used to be" :wink:

I loved watching Cherry, pure entertainment right there.

But he's been toning it down big time over the last few years

... so it really was time for him to ride off into the sunset.

Time now for us to be entertained 100% by political correctness!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There's plenty of options to keep people viewing during intermissions, I guess.
Just don't let "stab the guy that helped you make a living" Ron McLean be part of it..
"evolution"
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:26 pm Its the cotton wrapping of feelings that has destroyed society.

The world needs a legit evil antagonist to come along and show people what an asshole really looks like. No more bearded weirdos peeking out of caves and IEDing shit from afar.

A tyrant to unite us all
I believe there is some truth in this. The last significant conflict we endured was the Korean War over 50 years ago. For the most part, we are living a life of luxury leaving us plenty of free time to bicker and squabble about stuff that's generally insignificant. We owe much of our lifestyle to those who served. It's interesting that the freedom they gave us has provided us with a life so lacking in strife that we have time to dissect an 85-year-old's comments on symbolic poppies.

But.... (you were on a roll, Brown)
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:33 pm This is the agenda mainstream media is pushing but I really am pretty sure he could give a fuck what you look like if you're BUYING A FUCKING POPPY!!!!!
I believe this to be true.

I also think the one thing we can do in our cozy little lives is wear a poppy to help retain a sense of awareness of those who served. As each generation passes, there is a diminished direct link to the wars and a decreasing sense of obligation to wear the poppy. If we don't make the effort, the visibility of the tradition will fade and we'll find that only the elderly are participating. I don't even think it's critical that you donate, just put on a poppy. It's a constant visual cue to everyone to remember. It's the least we can do, isn't it?