Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Carl in Rosemead is the best caller ever. Google it up when he phones Jim Rome
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:02 am Carl in Rosemead is the best caller ever. Google it up when he phones Jim Rome
I did :lol:

I'm gonna start wearing sweat pants everywhere
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:11 am One thing I like about 650 you get more Canucks talk, the dingbats at 1040 try to talk about other sports but nobody cares, this is Canuck town. Sekeres and Price stink of something foul, they’ve let their Benning Hate cloud their better judgement in respectable Canuck reporting. They are too loyal to the 3-G’s - Gillis-Gallagher-Gilman
Can't believe 650 has to broadcast jays games, and 6 channels of Sportsnet showing jays games.

People in Toronto don't even watch that garbage, why the hell would we?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:09 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:11 am One thing I like about 650 you get more Canucks talk, the dingbats at 1040 try to talk about other sports but nobody cares, this is Canuck town. Sekeres and Price stink of something foul, they’ve let their Benning Hate cloud their better judgement in respectable Canuck reporting. They are too loyal to the 3-G’s - Gillis-Gallagher-Gilman
Can't believe 650 has to broadcast jays games, and 6 channels of Sportsnet showing jays games.

Amen. Yawn ball is fucking aweful crap that clogs up every channel imaginable. Playing is fun but waitjng for the 150+ league games to end has always been a nightmare. Nothing worse than when you had to wait for extra innings to end while you know the canucks games were on. Fuck i hated that
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Playoff Baseball is awesome. The Jays are currently a joke but they have some nice young players. Need some arms though. I’d rather they show more of the other teams instead of jamming 162 Jays games down our throats. But they pulled that shit when the Expos were in Montreal too. Because we have to see Toronto. They don’t give a shit about the rest of the country outside of Ontario.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:32 am Playoff Baseball is awesome. The Jays are currently a joke but they have some nice young players. Need some arms though. I’d rather they show more of the other teams instead of jamming 162 Jays games down our throats. But they pulled that shit when the Expos were in Montreal too. Because we have to see Toronto. They don’t give a shit about the rest of the country outside of Ontario.
Baseball has always been a game best watched live. Its not supposed to be 4 hours of tv as the down time between plays puts everyone except the die hards to sleep. Probably why they pollute broadcasts with all those loud ads to wake you up
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:09 am

I understand the TV contracts but Sportsnet 650am having to as well, seems silly.
The price to be the home of the Canucks.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:32 am Playoff Baseball is awesome. The Jays are currently a joke but they have some nice young players. Need some arms though. I’d rather they show more of the other teams instead of jamming 162 Jays games down our throats. But they pulled that shit when the Expos were in Montreal too. Because we have to see Toronto. They don’t give a shit about the rest of the country outside of Ontario.
Ya, Vlad should drop a couple. :) Imagine the tension if the NHL wildcard teams had to play a "one" game playoff to carry on. Intense +
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:47 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 am Who is Troy in White Rock and who is Maple Leaf Dave?
Wids is maple leaf dave
Blow me, fuck me, chew me!!

Leaving Marrakech today. I’ve climbed the Rockies, sailed the Atlantic, cameled through the Sahara. I’ve travelled 8645 KLMS, transversed 3 continents only to have Adrie Air have it’s planes repossessed and flights cancel. Now I’ve gotta find a way to Ljubljana from Vienna. A private airport transfer that’s gonna cost $700 if I want to catch my next tour in time. Thank God for travel insurance!! I will arrive tonight or early morning, inshallah!

Just wanted to get that off my chest. When is game one?
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:22 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 am Who is Troy in White Rock and who is Maple Leaf Dave?
Wids is maple leaf dave

Leaving Marrakech today. I’ve climbed the Rockies, sailed the Atlantic, cameled through the Sahara. I’ve travelled 8645 KLMS, transversed 3 continents only to have Adrie Air have it’s planes repossessed and flights cancel. Now I’ve gotta find a way to Ljubljana from Vienna. A private airport transfer that’s gonna cost $700 if I want to catch my next tour in time. Thank God for travel insurance!! I will arrive tonight or early morning, inshallah!

Canucks vs Oilers----Wednesday October 2nd. 7:00PM Pacific daylight time @ Roger's Place in Edmonton. :)
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Wids is maple leaf dave

Dave, safe travels.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

:o

I love it when you talk dirty
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Wids is maple leaf dave

Did you say camel toe’d through the Sahara?

Reefer, your thoughts?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:35 am Did you say camel toe’d through the Sahara?

Reefer, your thoughts?
Reef is thinking of buying Wids an extra-large strap-on for Christmas. :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:33 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:35 am Did you say camel toe’d through the Sahara?

Reefer, your thoughts?
Reef is thinking of buying Wids an extra-large strap-on for Christmas. :santa:
Are you sure he’s buying it for Wids?