Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by damonberryman »

"Without doing a full Google archaeology, I can say with reasonable confidence that the same reporters who were bleating for a full rebuild and preaching patience are now ceaselessly ripping the team, coach, management...etc for not being good enough. Everyone knows the team is not very good this year, why are we acting surprised? The plan is to build it up over the course of a few seasons (i.e. 1989-1992, 1998-2002, and 2006-2009) and then take a run at it. Right now they haven't even reached the trending up stage. These things take time, everyone should know that."

This is a very good post. I agree with you 100%. We are in a rebuild and of course the management cannot admit that for fear of declining gate returns, but we absolutely are. It would not surprise me if we were lottery winners for a couple of years. We better be because we need to get the Cup before me and some of the ancients on this board die.

The media is under constant pressure to make news so they do. It is best to ignore them as they have the same depth of understanding as last night's Republican debate members.

Good post. :) :)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

damonberryman wrote:The media is under constant pressure to make news
The media should be reporting news, not making it. That is the fundamental issue with these hacks.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Topper wrote:
The media should be reporting news, not making it. That is the fundamental issue with these hacks.
100%. And the Canucks dual objectives (make playoffs, transition to younger) just plays into the hands of guys like Pratt who can pick the team apart on either goal.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:
Agree - all news, sports and other are all about business and 24/7 so we can tweet, Facebook, instagram everything in nano seconds so some person can get instant updates.

This world needs a 10 year power failure. :mrgreen:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Reefer2 wrote:
Topper wrote:
Agree - all news, sports and other are all about business and 24/7 so we can tweet, Facebook, instagram everything in nano seconds so some person can get instant updates.

I agree, Reef. Let's start with disconnecting your keyboard.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Topper wrote:

I agree, Reef. Let's start with disconnecting your keyboard.
If there was a yawn/fart emo I would use it now

-yawn-
-fart-

-boring-
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL the AIDS patient was on the pre game show and I listened to it in my sled after work . As most of you know I am among the bigger Ignitowski bashers , but this guy was off the hook . B Munch and Don Taylor the fag asked him what he thought of the Etem acquisition and AIDS boy went off on a diatribe about how this was a big " kick in the jollies" to Brendan Gaunce because he is ready to go . Wtf does Gaunce who has 2 1/2 more years before he has to clear waivers have to do with Etem ? The minor league team reeks and needs all the help it can get for fuck sakes . Gaunce is nowhere near ready but this little puke just went off .

Thanks TG you miserable wretch . You and your smarmy relative Al Strachan who he licked up to a couple weeks ago on air remind me why I rarely listen to Vancouver sports radio . Probably the biggest band of losers on the airwaves at this point . Fucking dogshit . Barry Macdonald and Don Taylor would be lucky to be flipping hamburgers in this town if they didn't coatail guys like Chris Hebb and Paul Carson .

Hey Gallagher what did Eye Bags eat for lunch ? Did you use a fork to eat the chink noodles out of his anus ?
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Wait.. Gollumgher is saying it's a bad move for the org to upgrade from Jensen to Etem? :shock:

(Etem prefers RW btw)

Gonna be lotsa room for Gaunce soon, the way Benning is clearing out the deadwood.

Soon to be gone: Higgins, Vrbata, Prust, Cracknell,... Burrows?? Vey??

They'll all be gone soon enough, how much room does Gaunce need? :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gallagher embarrassed himself today . He was talking about the a Panthers and said they had a garbage defence that was held together by old timers Mitchell and Campbell . Umm hello idiot do Kulikov , Ekblad , Gudbranson and Petrovic ring a bell ? He then trashed Jagr and said does he even want to play in the playoffs ? This mongjizztard is an embarrassment to Vancouver . Someone run this prick over already .
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Gallagher embarrassed himself today . He was talking about the a Panthers and said they had a garbage defence that was held together by old timers Mitchell and Campbell . Umm hello idiot do Kulikov , Ekblad , Gudbranson and Petrovic ring a bell ? He then trashed Jagr and said does he even want to play in the playoffs ? This mongjizztard is an embarrassment to Vancouver . Someone run this prick over already .

Can we exchange him for a handful of Syrian refugees?
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Gallagher embarrassed himself today . He was talking about the a Panthers and said they had a garbage defence that was held together by old timers Mitchell and Campbell . Umm hello idiot do Kulikov , Ekblad , Gudbranson and Petrovic ring a bell ? He then trashed Jagr and said does he even want to play in the playoffs ? This mongjizztard is an embarrassment to Vancouver . Someone run this prick over already .

Can we exchange him for a handful of Syrian refugees?
and a can of bear spray.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=798689

John Garrett: "The league says they are trying to sell their stars, well then treat them like stars not like second-class citizens.

Like Rodney Dangerfield, the Sedins get no respect."
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Strangelove wrote:Wait.. Gollumgher is saying it's a bad move for the org to upgrade from Jensen to Etem? :shock:

(Etem prefers RW btw)

Gonna be lotsa room for Gaunce soon, the way Benning is clearing out the deadwood.

Soon to be gone: Higgins, Vrbata, Prust, Cracknell,... Burrows?? Vey??

They'll all be gone soon enough, how much room does Gaunce need? :lol:
That's it exactly. Gallgher is like Gollum. Great call.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I see The Province has instilled the negativity of Gallagher to Botchford now.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I am no fan of Crotchford but is Kuzma, McIntyre, Macdonald, Marjanovich, Taylor, Edwards, Pratt etc not enough positivity for you? Jesus Christ the way those pipe lickers report on the team, one would think it was a perennial contender that is loaded with blue chip young talent.