Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chubb Tangaroa was a legend.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sammy the Bull Gravano talking about the Chin. Sammy was John Gotti’s no. 1

https://youtu.be/GH8kSRp7p-4
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:29 am Chubb Tangaroa was a legend.
Roberto Macchenzzi was a legend. He swims with the fishes now. Vincent Tannero is the new boss
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

This team would never be in the shape it's in today oif Chin Gigante was the boss.

Big Frank is no Chin Gigante.
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:42 pm Big Frank is no Chin Gigante.
Big Frankie is like Fredo. Maybe there needs to be a new Capo di Aqualini after a family fishing trip?

Green is the opposite of Chin Gigante. How did someone with so little bite in his game jaw so much on the ice?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:15 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:42 pm Big Frank is no Chin Gigante.
Big Frankie is like Fredo. Maybe there needs to be a new Capo di Aqualini after a family fishing trip?

Green is the opposite of Chin Gigante. How did someone with so little bite in his game jaw so much on the ice?
If you look at him when he played you can see the makings of a throatie even back then. He never stood a chance
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

:lol: :lol:
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Throat vs the Chin. Who wins?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I rarely watch games live, prefer to wait an hour or more and then I can blast through commercials and between period silliness. With the recent changes I was interested to hear what some of the clowns are saying so I briefly tuned in to be reminded what clowns they are.

Holy fuck. Drance really is a neckbeard.

Did he get that suit from his grand father or just find it in a box while moving things around in his Mom's basement while looking for a place to connect his Nintendo?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:32 am I rarely watch games live, prefer to wait an hour or more and then I can blast through commercials and between period silliness. With the recent changes I was interested to hear what some of the clowns are saying so I briefly tuned in to be reminded what clowns they are.

Holy fuck. Drance really is a neckbeard.

Did he get that suit from his grand father or just find it in a box while moving things around in his Mom's basement while looking for a place to connect his Nintendo?
Yesterday's game was the first I've seen him as well, really reinforces how his opinion carries little to no weight.

Can't believe they give these guys any airtime period.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 am Yesterday's game was the first I've seen him as well, really reinforces how his opinion carries little to no weight.
Same here - just spewing numbers and gibberish. I'll bet he watches less games than Blobby! ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:31 am
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 am Yesterday's game was the first I've seen him as well, really reinforces how his opinion carries little to no weight.
Same here - just spewing numbers and gibberish. I'll bet he watches less games than Blobby! ;)
He has managed to entrench himself into the Canuck media world and it'll be hard to get rid of him now. Best hope is, he steps over the line and they cut him off.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:31 am I'll bet he watches less games than Blobby! ;)
Naaaa...that's impossible.
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks radio rights up for bidding as SN650 contract is finished, Team1040 out of the mix, CKNW could get it back, but dollars aren't making sense, could be the Canucks might stream their own games online controlling everything, might have more content as well.
If returning to Sportsnet 650 or going elsewhere on radio isn’t ideal for the Canucks, the team could opt to broadcast the games themselves on a streaming platform. Both the LA Kings and San Jose Sharks broadcast games online without the regular radio presence and have been doing so for years.In hiring Craig MacEwen in a public relations role, the Vancouver Canucks have someone with experience as a radio program director.

The Canucks could also make great use of historical footage. Imagine being able to go into the archives and to hear the first NHL game ever for the Vancouver Canucks, or Jim Robson and Tom Larscheid’s memorable commentary on Pavel Bure’s first NHL game, or John Shorthouse’s iconic “slay the dragon” call.

“This is the next wave of broadcasting and I would be surprised if the Canucks chose to go back to regular radio,” a broadcast insider told Daily Hive. “With streaming, the Canucks (could) control the rights, the content, the costs, and the advertising dollars. Everything they have, want, or need is already in place. It makes so much sense.”

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/streami ... eal-expire
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So turning the local radio station on …. I get Tom Dancer and an idiot called “Quads”. Was “Hamstrings” not available? Or “Calves”? Jesus we have the shittiest media on the continent. Fucktards one and all :twisted:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”