Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The #firebenning Illuminati

President - Mike Gillis
Special Advisor to Gillis - Tony Gallagher
Special Advisor and Mole - Lawrence Gilman
Top Lieutenant - Botchford (deceased)
Top Lieutenant’s Wingman - Jeff Patterson
Foot Soldier - Brough
Foot Soldier - Halford
Campaigner - Sekeres
Campaigner - Price
Mole - Ferraro
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Diehard1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:18 am

It's not about being self righteous, it's about being a human being and feeling for those who have lost a father and a husband.
Yep. Too bad that point that won’t penetrate some of the thicker skulls here
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Attaboy Blob, tell them how to feel! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cool tribute. Particularly from peers; https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1673150
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:12 pm Cool tribute. Particularly from peers; https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1673150
Nice Mick. Maybe a couple of the angry posters on the board will watch that. :)
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

From what I've heard, the shtick was just that... an on-air persona designed to be polarizing. The other media guys have quite clearly stated that he was a good friend and family man. The two stations actually spoke candidly about him without doing the usual "pretend the other station doesn't exist" thing.

As for who cares what an internet forum poster has to say. You're right, nobody does. At the end of the day, anything posted on here is for our own consumption, which is why most people are just pointing out that it sucks for a young guy to be dead and leave his family without a Dad and Husband. This forum is a virtual water-cooler. Nobody is posting to get recognition in larger circles. Anyone that is might want to re-evaluate that goal.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:59 pm Attaboy Blob, tell them how to feel! :thumbs:
The blind need to find their way somehow.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I still hate the Laughs.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:38 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:59 pm Attaboy Blob, tell them how to feel! :thumbs:
The blind need to find their way somehow.
Blob, how should we feel about that comment?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Puck wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:07 pm

which is why most people are just pointing out that it sucks for a young guy to be dead and leave his family without a Dad and Husband. This forum is a virtual water-cooler. Nobody is posting to get recognition in larger circles. Anyone that is might want to re-evaluate that goal.
Thank you Puck. MOST of us get it. :thumbs:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob ease off the sensitivity, I’m not cold blooded. I said earlier that it’s heartbreaking that 3 kids all under the ages of 7 have lost their father. 48 is way too young. Very sad.

That being said, I didn’t like his schtick one bit. Am I not allowed to say that? He was part of a group, probably the ringleader, that were no different than the HF Urine Crew. Gillis, Gallagher and Ferraro are in the same group. There mission? To drive Benning out and somehow get Gillis back in the NHL. They all suck Gilman’s nutsack.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:22 pm Blob ease off the sensitivity, I’m not cold blooded. I said earlier that it’s heartbreaking that 3 kids all under the ages of 7 have lost their father. 48 is way too young. Very sad.

That being said, I didn’t like his schtick one bit. Am I not allowed to say that? He was part of a group, probably the ringleader, that were no different than the HF Urine Crew. Gillis, Gallagher and Ferraro are in the same group. There mission? To drive Benning out and somehow get Gillis back in the NHL. They all suck Gilman’s nutsack.
I’m yanking your chain a bit. It’s amusing to see you and Doc getting triggered I must admit.

Botchford held management’s feet to the fire and rightfully so. They have made a lot of blunders in their five years+. The HFBoards urine crew are idiots but by the same token I’d say the Benning brigade (‘he hasn’t done a damn thing wrong in the job’) are just as big of idiots. I try to weigh each move individually and debate the moves with others on this board. Usually it turns into a mess due to the fact that some people lack the honesty to debate in good faith.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

viewtopic.php?p=205094#p205094
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:14 pm Eklund is a bigger joke than Botchford
viewtopic.php?p=203434#p203434
Who knows if TL just gave the maggot Botchford something to plant SKYO. Botchford is a scumbag that has basically zero credibility and with Murray doing his posturing we can only speculate until the draft/July.
viewtopic.php?p=183139#p183139
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:48 am Botchford just let the entire NHL fanbase know what we have all known for years. What a fucking idiot . A complete and utter tool . Good luck getting any decent soundbites from anyone you sawed off little troll.
viewtopic.php?p=101329#p101329
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:20 am Jason Botchford is a very poor beat writer. That and the fact he is an arrogant, condescending smarmy little rat with an extremely gay sounding voice puts him on my no listen to no read list .
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:31 pm viewtopic.php?p=205094#p205094
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:14 pm Eklund is a bigger joke than Botchford
viewtopic.php?p=203434#p203434
Who knows if TL just gave the maggot Botchford something to plant SKYO. Botchford is a scumbag that has basically zero credibility and with Murray doing his posturing we can only speculate until the draft/July.
viewtopic.php?p=183139#p183139
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:48 am Botchford just let the entire NHL fanbase know what we have all known for years. What a fucking idiot . A complete and utter tool . Good luck getting any decent soundbites from anyone you sawed off little troll.
viewtopic.php?p=101329#p101329
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:20 am Jason Botchford is a very poor beat writer. That and the fact he is an arrogant, condescending smarmy little rat with an extremely gay sounding voice puts him on my no listen to no read list .
I already said I wasn’t a fan. Any point to this nonsense?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:33 pm I try to weigh each move individually and debate the moves with others on this board.
____
Try to focus on someday.