Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:01 am :lol:

LMAO this is getting tweeted all over Twitter. Poor JD the guy has zero credibility, just getting absolutely lit up on Twitter
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If any of you get a chance, tune in to 650 when Drance is on. The dude is super weird. Drance has made it no secret that Botchford was a hero of his, to the point of weirdness but what’s really fucked up is how he imitates Botchford’s on air persona on air. It’s fucked up shit. Listen to him, it’s like Botchford is possessing him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Burke and Drance are both gomers, listening to them too much will ruin you...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:57 pm Burke and Drance are both gomers, listening to them too much will ruin you...
Nailed it, Doc. Nailed it

I’d park Sekeres and Price in that category as well as Brook Ward. Jeff Patterson is extremely close to getting a similar parking spot as he is buds with all these bat shit crazies - it’s mostly the Botchford Loyal which is why Ray Ferraro is no good anymore
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Totally Dude.

Is there anyone in Vancouver's hockey media who isn't an utter moron these days?

I can't listen to any of them and I sincerely wish they'd all fuck off. (like Botchford) :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:17 pm Totally Dude.

Is there anyone in Vancouver's hockey media who isn't an utter moron these days?

I can't listen to any of them and I sincerely wish they'd all fuck off...
They are all fucked, Doc. Every one of them
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

This is the equivalent of a bad post on a god damn hockey talk message board.

Fuck me, speculate it is a hairline fracture then interview a Dr who is a hockey fan to get a diagnosis and recovery estimate. LOL

What kind of quack lends their name to this shit?

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/ ... a0bbfb126c
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:34 am This is the equivalent of a bad post on a god damn hockey talk message board.

Fuck me, speculate it is a hairline fracture then interview a Dr who is a hockey fan to get a diagnosis and recovery estimate. LOL

What kind of quack lends their name to this shit?

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/ ... a0bbfb126c
I accept his prognosis and expect Horvat on the opening draw for G1 R1 in Denver
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

lol at Rick Dhaliwal's surprise that Klimovich isn't in the lineup in the playoffs.

Complete cluelessness right there :lol:
el rey del mambo
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Am I missing something Megs? Is DK injured or was he simply not one of the top 12?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

BladesofSteel wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:38 pm Am I missing something Megs? Is DK injured or was he simply not one of the top 12?
He's not really an AHL level player at this stage Blades, he certainly wouldn't be an option in the playoffs. I guess Jimmy thought it was a good idea to push him into the AHL at age 18, not really sure why. But let's just say the experiment hasn't been a smashing success. He basically tries to stickhandle through players whenever he gets the puck and gives up possession right away. And I don't mean most of the time - I'm talking every single time
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

And of course this was intended as a shot at the lazy media that can't even have a handle on our prospects when they're playing here in town, not at an 18 year old kid who probably would have done pretty well playing against his peers in the 'Q' this year

And maybe even learned something...
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

The worst part of Dhali's cluelessness is that it spreads out into the public and causes mass retardation.

You should see the post series comments out there :lol:
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:55 pm The worst part of Dhali's cluelessness is that it spreads out into the public and causes mass retardation.

You should see the post series comments out there :lol:
Can confirm.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 16#p473716
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:look: Jesus what a scorched earth landscape for radio talent in this market. HalFord and Brough are pretty good. After that it’s a steaming pile. The last two weeks while listening to 650 on the way to and from work, I’ve been subjected to what sounds like a bunch of nerdy teenagers whose balls haven’t dropped yet.

Izzy
Quads
Irf
Dodd

and then you get knobs like Skunkiar Shah, RamDeep Jaguar and Dan Riccio. It’s truly the worst time ever in sports radio in the city and it isn’t even close.

Neil Macrae is rolling in his grave while tugging on a bottle of Crown. I’ll take Pratt and Taylor at this point.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”