Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Price, Sekeres and Paterson have predictably taken their old radio show over to the podcast format:

https://omny.fm/shows/sekeres-price/gam ... -announced

Meanwhile Rob Fai is hosting this youtube-streaming show post Canucks games:

el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle is Shirtless Hans at 52;30........ :wink:
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gohmert that looks like an old cunt that’s closer to your age.

You are in your late 60’s aren’t you ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is Darnel uglier than his sister Kia?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:57 am Is Darnel uglier than his sister Kia?
:lol:

The HNIC sister isnt a conehead like the other siblings
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:50 am April 5th they start with their show “The Team”.

Nice to see CHEK, one of the few independent stations, getting back into sports TV.
Sportspage was an institution there back in the day. Not sure if I’ve watched anything on CHEK since back then.
Something/anything not out of Toronto should be an improvement. I hope they do well.

Pretty good first show, I'll keep recording it for sure.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:19 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:50 am April 5th they start with their show “The Team”.

Nice to see CHEK, one of the few independent stations, getting back into sports TV.
Sportspage was an institution there back in the day. Not sure if I’ve watched anything on CHEK since back then.
Something/anything not out of Toronto should be an improvement. I hope they do well.

Pretty good first show, I'll keep recording it for sure.
Damn it I was going to watch that, completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder Curmudgeon.

Here are links to the show for anyone interested:

https://linktr.ee/DonnieandDhali

The CHEK page has the full show archived:

https://www.cheknews.ca/shows/donnie-an ... -the-team/

*draft talk with Craig Button:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX0N_SoX25Y
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

JD Burke has blocked the Tone on Twitter. He said some very violent distasteful things regarding the Tone in a response to the Tone resulting in full on blockage
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:09 am JD Burke has blocked the Tone on Twitter. He said some very violent distasteful things regarding the Tone in a response to the Tone resulting in full on blockage
What’s the Tone?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:39 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:09 am JD Burke has blocked the Tone on Twitter. He said some very violent distasteful things regarding the Tone in a response to the Tone resulting in full on blockage
What’s the Tone?
Tony Rigatone Twitter tweetin’ extraordinaire
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

When I saw J.P. Barry on Donny and Dhali he seemed very smug as he suggested Eriksson should be bought out. Benning is too nice, but if it were me, Eriksson would already be on a plane to Utica. I’d be doing everything possible not to buy him out and have him play his final season in Utica, or retire.

With these upcoming negotiations for Petey and Hughes, I hope Benning is pretty hard nose with J.P. and not do any short term deals based on potential. If it were a short three year deal, the emphasis should be on what has been done, with emphasis on the latest season where Hughes and Petey’s early season play were largely responsible for the team missing the playoffs. If Barzal gets 7m x 3 and is +15 on a defensive team that makes the playoffs, Pettersson should get less when his team misses the playoffs and he is +0. Benning should stick to 6.5m x 3 max. Hughes should not get more than McAvoy’s 4.9m x 3 since his team is in the playoffs and he is +10. Hughes at -17 was horrible defensively early this season. If J.P. wants to argue for more because they will be better in the future, they should be signing long term deals. Benning should not pay for potential on short show-me deals. If they go long term they can use potential more. Hughes could get at most Chabot’s 8m x 8, and Petey a little more 8.75m x 8. I fully expect a holdout by at least Hughes if Benning sticks to his guns on a short term deal. But these deals will be the basis of all the future deals for this core. Petey’s deal will be a cap on what all future deals look like. If Benning gets this right, the team could have a salary structure like Boston or Pittsburg. If he gets it wrong we’ll be top heavy like Toronto and not in a position to become a favourite to compete for the cup. We already know J.P. Barry is going to be very smug about holding out players to squeeze every cent he can from the Canucks. Nothing he’s done has resulted in helping the Canucks move out from Eriksson’s contract. I hope Benning is all business with J.P. in the upcoming negotiations. Set the price and let J.P. hold out his clients till Christmas. Hopefully this is why Benning said the Canucks won’t be competitive for two years because he’s ready to stick to his guns to keep the Canucks from cap hell no matter what the results are next season. If Benning has a little Machiavelli in him to stand up to a smug J.P. Barry it will do a lot of good long term for the Canucks. If J.P. wants more, he should convince Eriksson to retire, or find another team for him instead of smugly hinting the Canucks should buy him out.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Good thing it will be Pat Brisson Jim deals with on both Hughes and Pettersson. https://puckpedia.com/agent/pat-brisson
Maybe even more daunting..
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

It will be both. They work together at CAA Sports.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Did anyone catch Kesler on 650 yesterday? It's kind of ancient history, but it was fascinating as he dug in to his NTC waiver.

He said he'd waived in-season to 6 or 7 teams - Colorado, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Anaheim, Detroit, Rangers...can't recall who else. He really thought the Pittsburgh deal was done, and was super choked at Gillis for not following through.

Then in his first call with Benning, he tells him the 6 teams is down to 2 - Anaheim and Chicago. Acknowledges it's not for anything that Benning did but rather was punishment for what Gillis didn't do, and said Benning blew his top but he respected that he ultimately got it done.

I think it mostly corroborated what HW had already reported, but it was fascinating to hear how choked he was that the Pittsburgh deal fell apart and they went on to win the Cup without him.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:53 am Did anyone catch Kesler on 650 yesterday? It's kind of ancient history, but it was fascinating as he dug in to his NTC waiver.

He said he'd waived in-season to 6 or 7 teams - Colorado, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Anaheim, Detroit, Rangers...can't recall who else. He really thought the Pittsburgh deal was done, and was super choked at Gillis for not following through.

Then in his first call with Benning, he tells him the 6 teams is down to 2 - Anaheim and Chicago. Acknowledges it's not for anything that Benning did but rather was punishment for what Gillis didn't do, and said Benning blew his top but he respected that he ultimately got it done.

I think it mostly corroborated what HW had already reported, but it was fascinating to hear how choked he was that the Pittsburgh deal fell apart and they went on to win the Cup without him.
Interesting!

Fucking Gillis...
____
Try to focus on someday.