Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:33 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:31 pm Hey I agree, the world needs to stop pretending we all like each other. That will never happen. All I’m saying this isn’t about the fucking poppies, just a metaphor to “you ain’t the same colour skin as me, so fuck off”
This is the agenda mainstream media is pushing but I really am pretty sure he could give a fuck what you look like if you're BUYING A FUCKING POPPY!!!!!
Not so sure about that

Story

Somewhere in the trench warfare of France during the First World War somewhere between 1916 and 1919, 3 men set out on a patrol wearing gas masks due to the mustard gas filled air. During the patrol they were ambushed. Severely out numbered their only option for survival - RUN! The man on the right of the two men was shot and killed on the spot while running, the man in the middle had his gas mask shot off by a grazing bullet and ran the rest of the way without a mask hiding in an abandoned church waiting it out severely damaging his eyes from the mustard gas in the process. The man with the shot off gas mask was Chef Boi RD’s grandfather, he was dead before I was born, he was 48 when my Mom was born. He never could really see my Mom cause he was legally blind from the war, but he knew his way around, could mow the lawn blind down at his home in kerrisdale with a smoke hanging out of his mouth, your typical crotchety old Scot. Didn’t talk about the war to my Mom but would say if he ever went back to Europe he’d avoid France, only to say what happened there was horrible. His son, my uncle was in world war 2. My grandfather purposely put him in the Air Force academy, Uncle was a bomber. Grandfather said he didn’t want his son to look the enemy in the eye like he did.

Don’t tell me I don’t care
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:51 pm Don’t tell me I don’t care
Yeah well Donny still wants you to wear a poppy

... and get a haircut. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:55 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:51 pm Don’t tell me I don’t care
Yeah well Donny still wants you to wear a poppy

... and get a haircut. :wink:
Donny needs to enlist and go to war himself

Not my hair, chicks dig it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Wish Tucker would have asked him "And what's up with that wimpy back-stabbing sidekick of yours?" :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:54 pm

Wish Tucker would have asked him "And what's up with that wimpy back-stabbing sidekick of yours?" :)
:lol: ya just knew Tucker would be all over this
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don’t mind what Don said, it’s true that in metropolitan cities of Canada people have their minds on other shit. The more I look at it the more I get it but he did mean immigrants of a certain kind of ethnicity but like I said I saw just as many whities in the city not wearing poppies as well, not sure why Donny didn’t bring them up?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:51 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:31 pm Hey I agree, the world needs to stop pretending we all like each other. That will never happen. All I’m saying this isn’t about the fucking poppies, just a metaphor to “you ain’t the same colour skin as me, so fuck off”
This is the agenda mainstream media is pushing but I really am pretty sure he could give a fuck what you look like if you're BUYING A FUCKING POPPY!!!!!
Not so sure about that

Story

Somewhere in the trench warfare of France during the First World War somewhere between 1916 and 1919, 3 men set out on a patrol wearing gas masks due to the mustard gas filled air. During the patrol they were ambushed. Severely out numbered their only option for survival - RUN! The man on the right of the two men was shot and killed on the spot while running, the man in the middle had his gas mask shot off by a grazing bullet and ran the rest of the way without a mask hiding in an abandoned church waiting it out severely damaging his eyes from the mustard gas in the process. The man with the shot off gas mask was Chef Boi RD’s grandfather, he was dead before I was born, he was 48 when my Mom was born. He never could really see my Mom cause he was legally blind from the war, but he knew his way around, could mow the lawn blind down at his home in kerrisdale with a smoke hanging out of his mouth, your typical crotchety old Scot. Didn’t talk about the war to my Mom but would say if he ever went back to Europe he’d avoid France, only to say what happened there was horrible. His son, my uncle was in world war 2. My grandfather purposely put him in the Air Force academy, Uncle was a bomber. Grandfather said he didn’t want his son to look the enemy in the eye like he did.

Good story. So, why dont you show respect for dear old grandpa and Uncle and wear a poppy for them and all the rest of Canadians who made this country great?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:31 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:51 pm
Not so sure about that

Story

Good story. So, why dont you show respect for dear old grandpa and Uncle and wear a poppy for them and all the rest of Canadians who made this country great?
So if I don’t wear a poppy I don’t respect vets?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:27 pm I saw just as many whities in the city not wearing poppies as well, not sure why Donny didn’t bring them up?
Most years he does.

Well he doesn't usually say "whities" or "you people".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

FFS, I live in the middle of nowhere Nebraska and I was wearing a poppy last week - how fucking hard is it?

During my trip up north last month, I dropped into a Legion I was walking past, and although wasn't official poppy season, they found some for me to bring home.

Maybe poppies do bad things to spandex? :oops:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:14 pm FFS, I live in the middle of nowhere Nebraska and I was wearing a poppy last week - how fucking hard is it?
Take a bow, you deserve it.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Careful Corny...when you laugh at the chef he'll call you blobs wingman
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:24 pm
Cornuck wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Careful Corny...I’m blobs wingman
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

See!

Speaking of blobs wingmen...where the fuck is island? Is he alive?