Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by vic »

ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:02 pm Has anybody heard this "Uncle" guy that calls into Satiar's show on SN650?

God that guy cracks me up, I can't tell if he's legit or if its all an elaborate prank
Fake accent, I'm Indian and can hear right through it.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

vic wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:13 pm
ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:02 pm Has anybody heard this "Uncle" guy that calls into Satiar's show on SN650?

God that guy cracks me up, I can't tell if he's legit or if its all an elaborate prank
Are you offended by it? I have some East Indian friends and even they think the Dude is funny. Uncle Laleet.

It’s probably Rummy.

He’s a far better calmer than that rage case Mike, or Mapke Leaf Dave or Hardy from the Whack. Or Johnny from the Pizzaria
M
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Patrick Johnston did a nice write-up on Horvat today;
https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... -the-horse
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:26 pm

Are you offended by it? I have some East Indian friends and even they think the Dude is funny. Uncle Laleet.

It’s probably Rummy.

He’s a far better calmer than that rage case Mike, or Mapke Leaf Dave or Hardy from the Whack. Or Johnny from the Pizzaria
M
I'm old school when it comes to journalists/broadcasters. I expect a level of integrity, and having him on kills that. He's on air for entertainment purposes only.

If the guy were to use his real voice and they called him Laleet instead of "uncle" it would be bearable.

I found it funny at first, but now it's annoying. Not offended by it, I'm sure the guy is Indian, but the accent is definitely faked.

How old are your Indian friends? I'm in my mid 40s, maybe the youngsters find that shit funny. I'm also one of the whitest brown guys you'll ever meet, some of my brown friends call me "Chad" ... maybe that has something to do with it.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Is there any chance that maybe, just maybe, Laleet is actually Sat's uncle? Cuz they kind of bicker like they've been through it a few times round the dinner table over the years
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:01 pm

Is there any chance that maybe, just maybe, Laleet is actually Sat's uncle? Cuz they kind of bicker like they've been through it a few times round the dinner table over the years
Not a chance.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Moj read out a couple of my emails the other day throwing down the people’s elbow on that legendary idiot Tony Gallagher
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:51 am Moj read out a couple of my emails the other day throwing down the people’s elbow on that legendary idiot Tony Gallagher
Did you DOS the hell out of him?

"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Does anyone understand the point to this other than a possible gripe from a Linden/Gillis loyalist.

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/ ... 9d2a26d347

Under Gillis there were associate GM's and Directors under every Garage seat. How many are still on the payroll, not to be in Vancouver? Sleep consultants, travel consultants, was there a skate lacing psychologist? It rivalled the current bloat in Toronto.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:22 am Does anyone understand the point to this other than a possible gripe from a Linden/Gillis loyalist.

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/ ... 9d2a26d347

Under Gillis there were associate GM's and Directors under every Garage seat. How many are still on the payroll, not to be in Vancouver? Sleep consultants, travel consultants, was there a skate lacing psychologist? It rivalled the current bloat in Toronto.
Glad you brought this up, the 1040 morons are obsessed with analytics and a hired gun for everything imagine-able - sleep doctors, acupuncturist, homeopathic doctors, erectile dysfunction doctors, poop doctors, guru’s, mentors, massage therapist, foot doctors, financial advisors, press agents, make up artists, tailors......

First of all comparing us to the leaves deep pockets to having someone for everthing is like comparing the Brewers bank account to the Yankees

Gillis was on Sekeres and Price again this week, the 1040 love in for Gillis is pathetic, had to listen to Gillis going on about how he’s cracking code on the secrets to the Universe by studying football teams like Barcelona on why they keep winning. I will save you the time Mike, it’s called - money or deep pockets. He’s such a pompous douche, again had to listen Mr. 7 Years No Workie in the NHL go on about his amazing integrating of sleep doctors etc. Oh my gerd! Eureka! I tell what, a team scientists in Geneva need to study Mikes brain when he dies to figure out how the fuck he is so far ahead of the curve

Botchford (Gillis loyalist) went on and on this week about the leaves throwing $50 Million this summer to improving their already bloated analytics department as some kind of slight against Benning’s stupidity for not taking analytics seriously? This is Bennings decision? To throw money at this or the owners decision, like in Toronto? Bennings Fault! Always Benning fault!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya, we all thought it was funny when Pratt and his bos got axed. Now it becomes clear why.
He wasn't going to go along with all the HF shit.
Just when 1040 was getting better than 650, they take a turn like this. It's fucking weird. And pathetically obvious.
It's too bad cause they were starting to get Canuck players and staff on their show again.
I'm betting Sportsnet threw down the hammer on the "we have the contract" thing and
this trolling is the result.
How professional F/O
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:23 am Ya, we all thought it was funny when Pratt and his bos got axed. Now it becomes clear why.
He wasn't going to go along with all the HF shit.
Just when 1040 was getting better than 650, they take a turn like this. It's fucking weird. And pathetically obvious.
It's too bad cause they were starting to get Canuck players and staff on their show again.
I'm betting Sportsnet threw down the hammer on the "we have the contract" thing and
this trolling is the result.
How professional F/O
Yeah it’s beyond obvious, as soon as they lost the contract, the guns came out, unfortunately for Benning he is on most of the receiving end of their assault. Hats off to Moj and Taylor for holding the line on objectivity. What it’s done, the lost contract, is separated the classy from the amateur hour brats at 1040
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Botchford is a regular on 1040.

Enough said to stop listening.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

My take on these consultants is that it may be something to look at, but hired as consultants to do a short study on a limited contract. Not to be made employees with VP titles.

This transformation to a leaner front office has been obvious from the beginning of Benning's tenure. Why is it now an issue amongst his detractors? Is it because they see the new on ice talent and prospect pool now coming into focus and need to redirect their vitriol?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I saw the clowns at hfboards crowing about how they'd made #firebenning "trend" on Twitter.

Made me think, the clowns at 1040 saw that and thought this was a Big Issue that would drive ratings, not realizing that it's 20 or so trolls from hfboards who made it trend.