Players You Hate

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Players You Hate

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:36 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:20 am Rutherford peeled off two cups. Elmer squeaked out one series win.
#SheroBuilt

:lol:
Whatever blows your hair back. You were droning on about why he was dealing picks. I could care less who built the thing but I’m more than happy to let you and others quantify credit if that’s what you need.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:37 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:21 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:35 am How hammered up did the Blobonator get last night?

You can't drink #BenningBuilt away no matter how hard you try
Stone sober buds but you can pretend I was lit up if that’s what you need. :thumbs:
Well that's boring...how am I supposed to make fun of that
Just make something up like everyone else does :mex:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

JR did compliment that existing core with well timed moves
which bodes well for this group in Van getting the key additions it will need to take that next step (hopefully)

I just hope everyone is ready to shed high picks as that plan comes to fruition
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:55 am JR did compliment that existing core with well timed moves
which bodes well for this group in Van getting the key additions it will need to take that next step (hopefully)

He’s already said the two teams are not in similar situations and that he won’t be throwing high picks around. The prospect puddle is razor thin even with the addition of Arsedeep.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:00 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:55 am JR did compliment that existing core with well timed moves

He’s already said the two teams are not in similar situations and that he won’t be throwing high picks around. The prospect puddle is razor thin even with the addition of Arsedeep.
That was before they took off though. He may be changing that tune here
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:26 am

That was before they took off though. He may be changing that tune here
I still see some major holes. And fixing those holes by puking away top picks makes little sense. They’ve already pissed away two firsts, two seconds and two thirds the last couple seasons. But I also understand you want him to trade draft picks to piss people off or drive the team into the shitter so Elmer can look better.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks draft picks on the team:

Demko
Pettersson
Horvat
Boeser
Hoglander
Podkolzin
Hughes

1/3 of the starting line up? 33% success rate at the draft table of draft picks vs non draft picks on the team currently? I wonder where that statistic puts in with the other teams? I would say pretty darn tootin good? That’s a young core group of players the Canucks drafted, pretty much the heart of the team would you say?

BenningBuilt
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

^^^^ has nothing to do with what was being discussed^^^^
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Still Messier
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:31 am
I still see some major holes. And fixing those holes by puking away top picks makes little sense.
The Canucks current winning % since BB arrived sits in the top 5 league wide Blobbo

The question is...is this indicative of how good this team really can be or are you subscribing to the notion that the Bruce bounce is going into its 4th month?

If this is how good the team is then you have to acknowledge the possibility that the holes you are seeing are smaller than you think they are
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

And Arshdeep is 21…..so he’s a guy leading the scoring race while playing against opponents anywhere from 1-5 years younger than him.

I wouldn’t get too excited about this signing.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:10 am
I still see some major holes. And fixing those holes by puking away top picks makes little sense.
The Canucks current winning % since BB arrived sits in the top 5 league wide Blobbo

The question is...is this indicative of how good this team really can be or are you subscribing to the notion that the Bruce bounce is going into its 4th month?

If this is how good the team is then you have to acknowledge the possibility that the holes you are seeing are smaller than you think they are
I see a playoff team, not a contender. It’s been 34 games and the roster while not awful still has some big holes.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:45 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:10 am

I see a playoff team, not a contender. It’s been 34 games and the roster while not awful still has some big holes.
I think they definitely lack push from prospects coming through the system. There's pretty well zilcho in our system but the big club has enough pieces to win a round or even 2.

I have been on the team defense forever and still maintain they need a top pairing righty before they would become a contender.

Maybe they can poach pending UFA Brayden McNabb out of Vegas this summer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

McNabb already re-upped in Sin City. Need a legit top 9 forward with bite, PK forwards, a top 4 RH shot D, and a bottom pairing lefty that can PK.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:19 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:00 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:57 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:46 pm Hated Canucks- well most red blooded fans would say James Elmer Benning crests the list of course.
How can anyone ever take your Elmer critiques seriously when you say things ling this lol...
I don’t give a fuck what they take seriously. (Elmer) was a shitty player and a worse manager. Messier was a prick but he forced change along with Iron Mike Keenan. Getting rid of the pillowy soft Trevor Linden and helping to set the team on a new course.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:21 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:35 am How hammered up did the Blobonator get last night?

You can't drink #BenningBuilt away no matter how hard you try
Stone sober buds but you can pretend I was lit up if that’s what you need. :thumbs:
Then you have no excuse for that garbage post last night...
____
Try to focus on someday.