Players You Hate

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Players You Hate

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Shit I shoulda had Mason Raymond in there. Hell if Gillis doesn’t make the dumb Ballard deal, and just re-upped Willie Mitchell, we’d have still had Bernier and Grabner. Hell, keep SOB and Hordichuk around so the team didn’t get mugged. Keith Ballard and Oreskovich were useless.

Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don’t make.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:26 am
I’m starting to feel that way about the Lindholm deal, time will tell, but so far as a rental which he is? Very disappointing. Coulda done better with someone else for less assets given.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:35 am
I’m starting to feel that way about the Lindholm deal, time will tell, but so far as a rental which he is? Very disappointing. Coulda done better with someone else for less assets given.
I think it was as much getting Kuzmenko out as bringing Lindholm in. They gambled on Kuz adapting to Tocchy hockey, and it fizzled, so getting Lindholm on an expiring deal is an improvement on an ill-fitting Kuz on a multi-year deal.

If Lindholm contributes positively before he goes to UFA, it’s not a bad deal.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Lancer wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:23 am
I think it was as much getting Kuzmenko out as bringing Lindholm in. They gambled on Kuz adapting to Tocchy hockey, and it fizzled, so getting Lindholm on an expiring deal is an improvement on an ill-fitting Kuz on a multi-year deal.

That would make the deal even worse. A heavy price to unload Kuz.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Lindholm might turn out to be a bad deal, but let's give him the playoffs to really find out. Chef, if Lindholm scores, or even assists on the Cup winning goal, will he still be a bum?

Oh, and yeah, Messier. But I still have Residual Brett Hull Hate too.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Tciso wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:13 am if Lindholm scores, or even assists on the Cup winning goal, will he still be a bum?
Ring of Honour - Retire his number

And yes, messier is still the worst.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:40 am
Lancer wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:23 am

That would make the deal even worse. A heavy price to unload Kuz.
Yup, I’m other words - throwing away a good prospect and 1st rd pick to get rid of Kuzmenko for essentially nothing, lol. How is that good? The Mikheyev signing is another colossal failure.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How could management predict Mikheyev shredding his knee? Anyone who watched him play previously can see his foot speed is 75 % of what it was two years ago. If they can bounce him in the summer for no cost, great I guess. The same people bitching about him will likely then be whining when he scores 25 goals and is a top two way/pk guy playing for another team.

Kuzmenko came in and scored 39 goals. Everyone loved the two year deal at the time. It was pretty obvious that Tocchet wasn’t a fan of the player dating back to last season. Is the coach not allowed any say in the makeup of the team? How many cups do Tocchet, Foote and Gonchar have as players and coaches? Think they might know a thing or two about winning? Or is “Tocchey Hockey” just too much for some players? It’s clear it’s too much for some fans.

Lindholm hasn’t worked out thus far. He was a legit top 4 forward in Calgary for years. The price paid was the going price for a top end forward. The 1st will be 25-32 in a weak draft. Some morons kept bleating about 2017 being a shitty draft. This is worse. So a late 1st round pick, a prospect cockblocked by Hughes and Hronek that apparently didn’t want to sign, a cap dump that the coach didn’t see a use for and a beer league scrub. I mean it’s not like burning a top 5 pick on a beer league scrub with Mathew Tkachuk sitting there.

The Kuzmenko signing didn’t work here. It was a quick pivot and now they have some breathing room next year.

If Lindholm was injured beforehand then Calgary will hopefully get a kick in the nuts by Karma. Kevin MCarthy and Harold Phillipoff are two other examples of Vancouver getting damaged goods in trades. Keith Ballard is another. Teams should be compensated for this kind of shit.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Time will tell regarding Allvin’s 3 major flubs (Mikheyev, Kuzmenko and Lindholm) but it’s not like he’s failing across the board - Joshua, Zadorov, Soucy, Hronek have been solid additions. Raty? Need time to confirm him. Time will tell if Willander and Lekkerimaki will be hits or misses however I do worry that passing on the local kid Benson could come back to bite us in the end.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Kuzmenko and Lindholm are seoerate flubs?

You do realize Mikheyhev shredded his knee here, don’t you? Is that Allvin’s fault? Imagine if you blew up one of those chicken strings playing tether ball?

Pull your head out. You defended Razor Thin Olaf for seven years. Show a little balance beneath those razor thin legs. :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey, Allvin has done a bang up job, but no GM is without its warts and the Lindholm disaster is a venereal wart needing cauterizing. He shouldn’t have rented that hooker to begin with.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Elias Rottencrotch