Players You Hate

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Players You Hate

Post by dbr »

dbr wrote:but somehow I suspect he'll escape punishment on that too (which makes me hate the guy even more).
No supplementary discipline for Looch, Brendan Shanahan left no stone unturned (ie. he asked Lucic if he meant to concuss the opponent's goaltender and he said no) in his investigation.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

dbr wrote:
dbr wrote:but somehow I suspect he'll escape punishment on that too (which makes me hate the guy even more).
No supplementary discipline for Looch, Brendan Shanahan left no stone unturned (ie. he asked Lucic if he meant to concuss the opponent's goaltender and he said no) in his investigation.
Considering how Shanny came out of the gates in the preseason, this is a tough one to understand.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

present day-Pronger

past times- Bryan Marchmant
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

dbr wrote:
Let's hope this in depth discovery of facts does not find it's way into Jurisprudence, did you mean to shoot that guy...."er no " OK not guilty...next. More to do with who owns the Bruins IMO. I guess the same concept was used in the Chara hit...always the Bruin who slip through the crack :)
cheers
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

Although he is a great talent... Alex Ovechkin is a f$#%ing duche bag!
Can`t stand that guy! The way he did that stupid stick worship thing just took the cake as the most aragent thing I have ever seen a hockey player do :mad: . Washington will never win anything with that ego steering there ship.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Flames and Leaves come to mind immediately.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Aaronp18 wrote:Flames and Leaves come to mind immediately.
+1

Also even though he isn't playing, I can't stand Glen Sather. That smarmy smirk he always wore on his face while coach of the Oilers made me want to smash him in the mouth.
GoalieDad
CC Rookie

Post by GoalieDad »

I guess I've misunderstood something cuz I just don't understand the furore over the hit on Miller. As my moniker indicates I am an "old goalie" and my son is a "young goalie" so I am decidedly pro-goalie.
After hearing some of the critical chatter I called up the play on YouTube a few minutes ago, fully expecting to see a vicious cheap-shot or some clear targeting of Miller's head, or some other obviously heinous act. But all I saw was a goalie who chose to venture from his crease (his safe-zone) to "play" the puck. It has always been my understanding that when a goalie -- me, my son, any goalie -- does that he exposes himself to the possibility of being "hit" within the rules. In fact, within the last 10 days I have watched my son do exactly the same thing during a practice and HE ended up on his bum, just like Miller. I wasn't bothered in the least. Just figured it was part of the game. And that's all I saw happen in the Miller/Lucic situation. There was no targeting of the head, no flying elbow ... heck, it wasn't even a late hit. AS A GOALIE I didn't understand why ANY penalty was called. Honestly, the most troubling thing I noticed was Miller's furious swing at Lucic.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

GoalieDad wrote:I guess I've misunderstood something cuz I just don't understand the furore over the hit on Miller. As my moniker indicates I am an "old goalie" and my son is a "young goalie" so I am decidedly pro-goalie.
After hearing some of the critical chatter I called up the play on YouTube a few minutes ago, fully expecting to see a vicious cheap-shot or some clear targeting of Miller's head, or some other obviously heinous act. But all I saw was a goalie who chose to venture from his crease (his safe-zone) to "play" the puck. It has always been my understanding that when a goalie -- me, my son, any goalie -- does that he exposes himself to the possibility of being "hit" within the rules. In fact, within the last 10 days I have watched my son do exactly the same thing during a practice and HE ended up on his bum, just like Miller. I wasn't bothered in the least. Just figured it was part of the game. And that's all I saw happen in the Miller/Lucic situation. There was no targeting of the head, no flying elbow ... heck, it wasn't even a late hit. AS A GOALIE I didn't understand why ANY penalty was called. Honestly, the most troubling thing I noticed was Miller's furious swing at Lucic.
I suggest you venture over to TSN.ca and read some of the articles that have been put up about it.

Kerry Fraser even said that it should have been at least a 2 game suspension. He then elaborated on the vague literature of the NHL rule-book as it pertains to goaltenders outside of their crease.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=380468

There, I made it easy for you.
surreal78

Post by surreal78 »

Lucic right now. Started disliking him pretty heavily during the SCF, but last night was really over the top. He post-game comments/attitude were almost worse than the hit on Miller.

Surprised no one's mentioned Crosby. Whiny little bitch is the "face of the NHL", yet still pisses me off every time I see him on the tube. Concussion or not, I can't stand that guy.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

surreal78 wrote:Lucic right now. Started disliking him pretty heavily during the SCF, but last night was really over the top. He post-game comments/attitude were almost worse than the hit on Miller.

Surprised no one's mentioned Crosby. Whiny little bitch is the "face of the NHL", yet still pisses me off every time I see him on the tube. Concussion or not, I can't stand that guy.
Lucic is a bully and completely classless. His comment that the Bruins would have retaliated if it had been the other way round is virtually admitting what he did was wrong. But I hate the Sabres almost as much for their pathetic response. The first guy to get his hands on Lucic should have been swinging for his head and the rest of the guys should have been trying to keep the refs and the rest of the Bruins from helping Lucic. Lucic should need armed guards to get him out of the building and to the first flight out of town.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I agree that Buffalo should have retaliated.

I'm not a great fan of fights in hockey, I see it as a side show attraction with roughly the same entertainment value as the commercials aired during breaks. It's hockey I want to see, not fighting.

But there is one instance where I see it as a fundamental necessary evil - a team has to defend its goalie! Goalies should focus on stopping the puck, period. They will often get themselves in vulerable positions doing so, and should not need to worry about that someone might make a hit or swing at them. Thus it is fundamental that you defend your goalie at any cost and make sure that those who attack him do not live to fight another day.... :evil:

Well, maybe I got a bit carried away there. :oops:

Capital punishment may be a tad too harsh, but running a goalie should always come at a cost, and a steep one.
There are eighteen skaters dressed on a team and only two goalies. There's no way you can allow someone to physically endanger your goalie and get away with it. If the culprit gets a major + a game misconduct, fine.
Anything less and it has to be settled the old fashioned way.
Last edited by Per on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

GoalieDad wrote:But all I saw was a goalie who chose to venture from his crease (his safe-zone) to "play" the puck. It has always been my understanding that when a goalie -- me, my son, any goalie -- does that he exposes himself to the possibility of being "hit" within the rules.
If this is your understanding of the rules, then you are misunderstood.

Rule 42.1
"A goalkeeper is not 'fair game' just because he is outside the goal crease area. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an opposing player makes unnecessary contact with a goalkeeper. However, incidental contact, at the discretion of the referee, will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact."

And as Kerry Fraser put it in the article that Mëds linked to...This was not a race to a loose puck where a collision resulted through a tie in the footrace. This was not "incidental contact" nor was any effort, let alone a "reasonable effort" made by Milan Lucic to avoid Ryan Miller after the goalkeeper released the puck.

-Corey Perry
-Pat Kane
-Dave Bolland
-Ladislav Smid
-Vernon Fiddler
-Kris Versteeg
-Dany Heatley
-Jordin Tootoo
-Dion Phaneuf
-The entire Boston Bruins organization (including you Looch, your douchebag is showing)

And I happen to think that Chris Pronger is awesome
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'm suprised there's so little hate for Jonathan Toews! After the "exposing them for what they really are" comments and then actually doing it(almost) last year, he's pretty well at the top of my list.

I bet Ryan Miller doesn't stand in front of the Mack truck like that again. I know Lucic could've let up and all that but somewhere here Miller needs to watch his own ass. I remember Patrick Roy getting thumped hard like that and there wasn't an inquisition over it, just a penalty.
If you need air...call it in
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

If we had Pronger we would have won the Cup. As far as hate goes I got Marchand in my heart. His abuse of Sedin and his comment about 'cause I felt like it" will always be a prize winner. To bad the little douch bag did not add the truth about he feels like it when they do not punch back. Come the next Bruin game I sure hope one of ours tells AV to get stuffed and runs the little shit into the boards. He cannot get any uglier. What are they doing in Nova Scotia? Putting radioactive material in the formula for babies to drink? Jesus he is a goony looking POS. I would really like to see him get carried off on a board. HE reminds me of Linesman of the "RAT' fame.