Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Postby Strangelove » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:06 pm

^^^ Oooooooo someone has a boner for Raymond! :lol:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Scintillator » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm surprised RD could still type what with all that sticky stuff all over his keyboard...
:lol:
Scintillator
CC Veteran

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Strangelove wrote:^^^ Oooooooo someone has a boner for Raymond! :lol:

I believe thats called a Mas-on.

I'm starting to get a bit of a Hodg-on myself.

Mine is pointing to the left.
2011..... the one that got away.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby CFP! » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:06 pm

[QUOTE=Eddy Punch Clock]A three way deal that had Turris going to Nashville and Schneider to Phoenix could work.[/QUOTE]

Van
Weber
Warm goalie (Babs?)

NSH
Turris
Tanev
Ballard
Hodgson
PHX 2nd

PHX
Schnieder

Close?
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby dhabums » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Strangelove wrote:^^^ Oooooooo someone has a boner for Raymond! :lol:

Gotta hate new pages.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:11 am

I liked Masey Rayme a lot too. When he scored 25 goals 2 years ago, I thot he was going to get better and become one of the go to guys on the team; however as we all know, he took a big step backwards last year. Hopefully his back will get better soon, so he can get his career back on track and become a scoring threat for us in the playoffs.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby griz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:34 am

Van
Weber
Warm goalie (Babs?)

NSH
Turris
Tanev
Ballard
Hodgson
PHX 2nd

PHX
Schnieder

NO THANKS.

I like Weber but not at that price.

Imagine doing all that ... and then Shae gets injured? Ouch.
griz
CC Veteran

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:39 am

We'd be crazy to say no to that one. It's Shea Weber!
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:We'd be crazy to say no to that one. It's Shea Weber!

Weber is great but he would not win us the cup alone. Trading three roster players (Schneider, Ballard and Hodgson) + Tanev for a rental would be crazy unless Weber is willing to sign a long-term cap-friendly deal with the Canucks. As good as he is, Weber + Suter still could not handle Kesler last playoffs...
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby dbr » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Weber's not exactly a rental. He's a restricted free agent and all indications are that he is willing to re-sign a reasonable deal with a team that is serious about contending for the cup.

As for the return, think about what Chris Pronger got with one year left on his deal - a $4.2m salary dump (Lupul), a promising young player (Sbisa) and two first round picks. In this deal we'd be giving up a $4.2m salary dump (Ballard), two young players (Hodgson and Schneider) and a prospect (Tanev).

Although IMO Phoenix are giving up quite a lot for Schneider.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 pm

dbr wrote:Weber's not exactly a rental. He's a restricted free agent and all indications are that he is willing to re-sign a reasonable deal with a team that is serious about contending for the cup.

As for the return, think about what Chris Pronger got with one year left on his deal - a $4.2m salary dump (Lupul), a promising young player (Sbisa) and two first round picks. In this deal we'd be giving up a $4.2m salary dump (Ballard), two young players (Hodgson and Schneider) and a prospect (Tanev).

Its our time and if we could move a few pieces to bring in a Norris caliber defenceman I vote yay all the way.

Minimizing Webers' impact is a bit weak TBH. He may not have won the series against Kesler but he was no push over. (directed at the post above yours....sorry)
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:40 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
dbr wrote:Weber's not exactly a rental. He's a restricted free agent and all indications are that he is willing to re-sign a reasonable deal with a team that is serious about contending for the cup.

Its our time and if we could move a few pieces to bring in a Norris caliber defenceman I vote yay all the way.

Minimizing Webers' impact is a bit weak TBH. He may not have won the series against Kesler but he was no push over. (directed at the post above yours....sorry)

Don't get me wrong, like I said, I would love to have Weber. However, at what cost? What is the long term impact if Weber demands $7m per season? Can the Canucks resign Edler? Again, I would love to have Weber. However, does he really worth more than Kesler, and the Sedins???
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Maybe yes...I think he's one of, if not the best defencemen in the NHL. He will cost us but I wouldve loved to see him clearing out Lou's crease against the Bruins. Might have been the one piece we were missing, who knows.

The bottom line is, if u can add a top player like Shea Weber and only have to give up a few depth players at this point, you go for it. We don't have long with this core to win it all.
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Maybe yes...I think he's one of, if not the best defencemen in the NHL. He will cost us but I wouldve loved to see him clearing out Lou's crease against the Bruins. Might have been the one piece we were missing, who knows.

The bottom line is, if u can add a top player like Shea Weber and only have to give up a few depth players at this point, you go for it. We don't have long with this core to win it all.

That might be the better option :lol:
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Maybe yes...I think he's one of, if not the best defencemen in the NHL. He will cost us but I wouldve loved to see him clearing out Lou's crease against the Bruins. Might have been the one piece we were missing, who knows.

That might be the better option :lol:

Well.....ya. I'm with ya on that one but it ain't ever gonna happen so might as well forget that dream and get behind our neurotic starter I suppose!
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat