Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Turris Rumours

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote:Darcy Rota and Ryan Walters were "born again Christians " didn't seem to effect their style of play
Quick google search:

Jarome Iginla, Mike Fisher, Robyn Regehr, Joe Sakic, Shane Doan, Jonathan Toews, Jonathan Cheechoo, Dean McAmmond, Ryan Smyth, Curtis Brown, Cam Ward, Glen Wesley, Al McGinnis, Curtis Joseph, Brian Pothier, Eric Fehr, Pavel Datsyuk, Staal Brothers, Manny Maholtra

Past NHL Christian players:
Jean Pronovost, Ron Ellis, Paul Henderson, Garry Unger, Stu Grimson, Laurie Boschman, Kevin Haller, Thomas Steen, Doug Jarvis, Joe Daley, Mike Gartner, Mark Osborne, Dean Prentice, Coach Roger Neilson, Bob Froese, Adam Burt, John Blue, Doug Smail, Markus Nasland

Stu Grimson aka: The Grim Reaper :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

RoyalDude wrote:Did the Panthers Bamboozle Gillis again with this Booth trade? Could we be stuck with a massive contract on a player who is considered to have low IQ hockey sense and is a little uncomfortably religious to be around?
Does the fact that Booth is a Christian impact on your life? Do you feel uncomfortable when someone mentions God? Why do suppose that is?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
Fred wrote:Darcy Rota and Ryan Walters were "born again Christians " didn't seem to effect their style of play
Quick google search:

Jarome Iginla, Mike Fisher, Robyn Regehr, Joe Sakic, Shane Doan, Jonathan Toews, Jonathan Cheechoo, Dean McAmmond, Ryan Smyth, Curtis Brown, Cam Ward, Glen Wesley, Al McGinnis, Curtis Joseph, Brian Pothier, Eric Fehr, Pavel Datsyuk, Staal Brothers, Manny Maholtra

Jean Pronovost, Ron Ellis, Paul Henderson, Garry Unger, Stu Grimson, Laurie Boschman, Kevin Haller, Thomas Steen, Doug Jarvis, Joe Daley, Mike Gartner, Mark Osborne, Dean Prentice, Coach Roger Neilson, Bob Froese, Adam Burt, John Blue, Doug Smail, Markus Nasland

Doc 'Harold Camping' Strangelove, you are like on some kind of mission, bro.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

No need to upset the Hockey Gods by worshipping false idols.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canuck-One wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Did the Panthers Bamboozle Gillis again with this Booth trade? Could we be stuck with a massive contract on a player who is considered to have low IQ hockey sense and is a little uncomfortably religious to be around?
Does the fact that Booth is a Christian impact on your life? Do you feel uncomfortable when someone mentions God? Why do suppose that is?
Good question, I don't know really, maybe cause I believe that God is a fabrication for the weak minded.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Hank wrote:Hey nothing wrong with beliefs. But you shouldn't be proclaiming your religious beliefs at work. How would you like it if your atheist co-workers are always in your face about it?
Actually Hank, Christians are constantly being teased by co-workers because of our beliefs. I know who the Christians are and none of them ever bring it up, but the atheists always make comments. Easter, Christmas, Halloween are their favorite target dates. I won't take this any further, Jesus gave you a choice and who am I to take it away. I would hope that you and others would give me and other Christians the same respect.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Doc 'Harold Camping' Strangelove, you are like on some kind of mission, bro.
Umm what part of "quick google search" do you not understand oh Illumination-challenged One.

Still laughing at your History of Religion posts in the Game Day Thread!

Like OMG if you can't go to church could you at least go to SCHOOL... :lol:

Typical of you & your kind though eh wot? ;)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Doc 'Harold Camping' Strangelove, you are like on some kind of mission, bro.
Umm what part of "quick google search" do you not understand oh Illumination-challenged One.

Still laughing at your History of Religion posts in the Game Day Thread!

Like OMG if you can't go to church could you at least go to SCHOOL... :lol:

Typical of you & your kind though eh wot? ;)
Wow, Harold! You are really pissed at me.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Canuck-One wrote:
Hank wrote:Hey nothing wrong with beliefs. But you shouldn't be proclaiming your religious beliefs at work. How would you like it if your atheist co-workers are always in your face about it?
Actually Hank, Christians are constantly being teased by co-workers because of our beliefs. I know who the Christians are and none of them ever bring it up, but the atheists always make comments. Easter, Christmas, Halloween are their favorite target dates. I won't take this any further, Jesus gave you a choice and who am I to take it away. I would hope that you and others would give me and other Christians the same respect.
See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Proclaiming and going on about your religious beliefs do nothing but bring about bad feelings. Whether you're "Christian" or "Buddist" or "Atheist", there's no reason to discuss your "religious" beliefs in the workplace or anywhere else for that matter. Look what this discussion does in a hockey forum?

Beliefs are fine. Occasional discussion of beliefs are fine. Constantly bringing it up or trying to convince others are a waste of time. Even atheists don't want to constantly hear other atheists go on and on about there being no god. That's the only point I'm getting at... because this was brought on by the very awkward David Booth interview.

You may think otherwise, but you are not giving non-believers respect when you say stuff like "Jesus gave you a choice...". To a non-believer, that is highly offensive and condescending. We should just respect each other as human beings and that's it. Male, female, gay, straight, religious, non-religious, whatever.

Let's just talk hockey.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Wow, Harold! You are really pissed at me.
The Great Strangelove does not get pissed.

The Great Strangelove does however kick ass. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: Beliefs are fine. Occasional discussion of beliefs are fine. Constantly bringing it up or trying to convince others are a waste of time. Even atheists don't want to constantly hear other atheists go on and on about there being no god. That's the only point I'm getting at... because this was brought on by the very awkward David Booth interview.
So in the interview David Booth was "constantly bringing it up" or "trying to convince others"?? :scowl:

You know I love ya bud but... REALLY Hank??

They asked him for his perspective and he gave it.

Simple as that.

He only mentioned God in passing a coupla times and a few folks here are up in arms.

Kinda makes one ponder the state of 'freedom of religion' but yeah....

Let's just talk hockey.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Wow, Harold! You are really pissed at me.
The Great Strangelove does not get pissed.

The Great Strangelove does however kick ass. :thumbs:
Modest to :D
cheers
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Lockdown imminent.....open the pod bay door Hal. I am sorry Dave I can't do that ..

Destruction Is imminent...imminent is imminent
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
Quick google search:

Hey Doc, can I add a couple names?

Marshall Applewhite (Heavens Gate)
Jim Jones
David Koresh
Warren Jeffs
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Religious views are like a penis. Its ok to have one, even okay to be proud of it. But please don't try and ram it down everyone's throat.

That is all.

Ovechkin is talented to be sure, but I honestly detest the guy.