Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Post by ukcanuck »

Jovocop wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:We'd be crazy to say no to that one. It's Shea Weber!
Weber is great but he would not win us the cup alone. Trading three roster players (Schneider, Ballard and Hodgson) + Tanev for a rental would be crazy unless Weber is willing to sign a long-term cap-friendly deal with the Canucks. As good as he is, Weber + Suter still could not handle Kesler last playoffs...
Weber in Canuck blue and green would give us a virtual superstar at each position on the ice. shit- two Art Ross, a Hart, and Selke and a Vezina and Norris???
how do you say no?

okay i know the last two are a stretch but you get the point...Weber wouldnt be alone
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

If he won't play for $25,000. A period. I don't want him
$3000 a minute and that's fucked.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

ALex Edler is presently tied for the league lead in points for a D man. Maybe he isn't as "dynamic" as a Shea Weber but he is moving up the ladder. If Weber comes a prospects leave and he wants $6-7 what does that tell the rest of the team? What does it tell Edler?

Dream on guys
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Listercat wrote:ALex Edler is presently tied for the league lead in points for a D man. Maybe he isn't as "dynamic" as a Shea Weber but he is moving up the ladder. If Weber comes a prospects leave and he wants $6-7 what does that tell the rest of the team? What does it tell Edler?

Dream on guys
If the Canucks could win the cup this year with Weber, giving up prospects & young players and upsetting the team's salary structure would be okay. If not, the Canucks will have problems re-signing key free agents like Edler, Burrows, Higgins, and Lapierre to discounted contracts.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If that move brings Vancouver a cup, any fall out after the fact was worth it.

I don't know about you guys but I'll trade a lifetime of watching the Canucks remain competitive for a god damn Stanley frickin cup!!!

I'm sick of waiting!!!!!
If you need air...call it in
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Glad you aren't the GM. Destroy the team's credibility, a team that without Shea Weber was 1 win away from a Cup, for a big Maybe.

Bring on the Dark Days of the late 1990's again. No thanks.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Listercat wrote:Glad you aren't the GM. Destroy the team's credibility, a team that without Shea Weber was 1 win away from a Cup, for a big Maybe.

Bring on the Dark Days of the late 1990's again. No thanks.
Messier?? :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If the team might win it all, yeah I go for the trade if it comes across my desk. I don't think adding the best of the best would necessarily destroy the teams ability to encourage guys to resign with Vancouver. Might just work the other way round actually.
Not sure if CoHo will ever become the next Mike Richards after all but you KNOW Weber is the real deal.
If you need air...call it in
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Weber is a pipe dream at best ATM. I dont know how GMMG explains how he resigns Weber for a Sedin+Burrows contract to the leaders of the team who DID take discounts.

You know who is going screw this whole shebang up? Detroit. They can handle Webers contract with Lidstrom retiring. Fuck.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

In my Weber trade fantasies GMMG re-signs him to an Ehrhoffesque deal (tad mo money = $4.5mil cap hit??)
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Yeah I agree with Doc, if you're going to incorporate Weber into your fantasies then you might as well incorporate one more lifetime contract.

Even at a cap hit of $6m we can afford Weber and Edler pretty easily (once we dump Ballard).
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I hear the Laughs needs a goalie.

(salary cap aside)

We trade ginger to TO for Luke Schenn and then flip Luke Schenn for Weber.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

mathonwy wrote:I hear the Laughs needs a goalie.

(salary cap aside)

We trade ginger to TO for Luke Schenn and then flip Luke Schenn for Weber.
I'm not sold on Schenn, for either team. His play this season has left much to be desired.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

CFP! wrote:Weber is a pipe dream at best ATM. I dont know how GMMG explains how he resigns Weber for a Sedin+Burrows contract to the leaders of the team who DID take discounts.
He could always say "I want to win the effing Cup!". He doesn't actually need to explain a god damned thing. Players sign deals they want to sign. It is that simple.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

dhabums wrote:
CFP! wrote:Weber is a pipe dream at best ATM. I dont know how GMMG explains how he resigns Weber for a Sedin+Burrows contract to the leaders of the team who DID take discounts.
He could always say "I want to win the effing Cup!". He doesn't actually need to explain a god damned thing. Players sign deals they want to sign. It is that simple.
If it is that simple, you could have been the GM... When the Sedins signed the contract just before they became UFAs, MG must have presented his plan to the Sedins. Is that not part of the negotiation to get them at hometown discount?? Once they signed, you want to tell them to "I don't need to explain a god damned thing"... I am sure you will be well-liked as a GM...