Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Turris Rumours

Post by griz »

Wow! David Booth is religious??? :shock:

I don't care if he's a Satan worshiping goat fucker as long as he helps the team. On the other hand, I'd rather see hockey talk in a hockey thread. :?

We have a Bar & Grill, it's a great place to discuss non-hockey matters...
That's more like it Cornuck!

Each to their own after all. :)
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Topper wrote:Do born agains have two navels?
The original one gets re-used resulting in an outie.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jesu H. Christ, enough of this God damn discussion already. Heaven help me but I will raise hell if people keep this up. You all think you are innocent, little angels don't you? Well, the devil is in the details.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, enough already. So help me God I mean it people. I mean my God, how long do you have to keep talking about this stuff on a hockey message board? It is like a plague that never ends.

Before I am ashes to ashes, dust to dust, I just want a Stanley cup. I feel very religious about that. I wish for the Canucks to rise again after last year's disappointing game 7 defeat and ascend to the lofty heights of Stanley Cup Champions. So help me God I speak the truth.

Amen
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Cornuck's experience in this thread thus far...

RD hangin' on for dear life.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Cornuck wrote: I don't care if he's a Satan worshiping goat fucker as long as he helps the team.
I do.

That'd mean he's an "associate" of Brad Marchand.

C'mon, the SWGF community just isn't that big - they'd "know" each other for sure...
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

wienerdog wrote:
Cornuck wrote: I don't care if he's a Satan worshiping goat fucker as long as he helps the team.
I do.

That'd mean he's an "associate" of Brad Marchand.

C'mon, the SWGF community just isn't that big - they'd "know" each other for sure...
Single white gay female? Probably bigger than you think.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I don't mind having Christian boys on the team, just as long as they're producing, playing their role and helping the team. I used to be one of them, so I kind of have a weak spot for them and want to see them do well. :P

As somone said before, if they can help bring a Cup here, that's all that matters. God knows this team could use some divine intervention. :lol:
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I don't mind having Christian boys on the team, just as long as they're producing
Just as long as there are no little bastards being born out of wedlock I suppose it's fine.
2011..... the one that got away.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Since the Rinne signing today the Weber proposals and rumours are rampant again.

Could the mods please adjust the title of the thread to read "Canucks Acquire David Booth & Part + Turris Rumours + Weber proposals"?

Thats how we roll around here right? :mrgreen:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Weber would make a fine rotisserie addition.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:Since the Rinne signing today the Weber proposals and rumours are rampant again.

Could the mods please adjust the title of the thread to read "Canucks Acquire David Booth & Part + Turris Rumours + Weber proposals"?

Thats how we roll around here right? :mrgreen:
Personally I don't really buy the idea that Nashville cant afford to sign their big 3 free agents. The main question in my mind is about the trio's willingness to sign there.

Rinne basically signed for more then Bryzgalav despite a very similar pedigree. His deal does not appear to be discounted at all and had he waited he is most likely looking at a very similar offer.

Suter in my opinion is going to get a kings ransom if he hits free agency so it will be interesting to see if he waits, or if he signs at a discount, or if the Preds break the bank on him (I would guess he could get close to 8 mill in free agency).

If the Preds get Suter for around 7, they can easily afford Weber, the main issue will be his desire to play there.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Potatoe1 wrote: Personally I don't really buy the idea that Nashville cant afford to sign their big 3 free agents. The main question in my mind is about the trio's willingness to sign there.

If the Preds get Suter for around 7, they can easily afford Weber, the main issue will be his desire to play there.
True. There was even a post on the Predators board that showed they could afford all three. I'm not sure if it took their internal cap into account or not. Regardless, like you said, it comes down to whether or not Weber wants to stay in Nashville. I personally don't believe he does.

I could end up being very disappointed but I have a strong feeling that Weber will be a Canuck. Just one of those manifest destiny things.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It has been said and I believe it to be true that Weber's first choice is to stay and WIN a cup in Nashville. To do that he needs to be convinced that Nashville is serious about doing the same. To do that he needs to see that they are prepared to spend what it takes. He will take A hometown discount if the Preds move off their internal cap to ice a competitor. He won't take a discount just to help keep them under their internal cap if it prevents them from be a true contender. Having Rinne signed will help in his decision. Getting Suter re-signed will also help. But it is bigger than just the big three if Nashville stays at their self imposed cap. But his number one choice would be to remain there. However if they do re-sign Suter now and make a few other offensive moves then I think he will stay.

Having said all of that. I doubt he signs a long term deal. I think he will wait until he has more leverage or sees a more drastic move by the team. They can afford all three but will the team be prepared to take that next step and go over their internal cap and get the offensive help the team needs moving forward?

As far as Vancouver goes, if he reaches UFA, we would be high on his list. But unlike Hamhuis who was set and determined to be a Canuck Weber is not wedded to the idea. It would have to be the right deal and the right circumstances. Weber wants a cup and if he leaves Nashville he will do his best to position himself for that but he won't take the big pay cut to do it. He will take less than market on the right deal but I doubt it will be Hamhuis type money.
The only HW the Canucks need
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

It is ALL dependent on what Nashville decides is their internal cap. If they think that keeping these pieces will get them playoff revenues and you couple this with the better attendance and better sponsorship you can see that they can get it done quite easily. And honestly, i think they will. At the very least they will offer as much as anyone to Suter and Weber and have them make the choice to stay or not. And really, ownership may simply be willing to stick a neck out for a couple of years in the hopes of something big happening. With at least two of these guys they will ALWAYS have a fall back option of moving them.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Weber will be adorned in blue and green by the end of next season. Probably much sooner. It is known.

Along with Edler he will comprise the core of the best blue-line in the NHL, to complement the deepest group of forwards in the NHL. It is known.

Even when this comes to pass, we will still regularly wonder aloud why the hell Luongo was lying down on the ice for that last goal. It is known.