Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Turris Rumours

Post by dhabums »

Fred wrote:Darcy Rota and Ryan Walters were "born again Christians " didn't seem to effect their style of play

Any idea when either was reborn? And why didn't Darcy's last name change to Rotas?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Do born agains have two navels?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

mathonwy wrote:If this had all been taken care of behind closed doors, Turris would have been traded for something and Phoenix management would have saved face and both parties win.
Have there been any concrete rumours about about Gillis making an offer for Turris? Its tough to think what I'd be willing to see go the other way that might net us a prospect of Turris' calibre. I'd be more inclined to stick with Hodgson than do a straight-up trade - at least we know Hodgson can survive the circus that is Vancouver hockey fan scrutiny, which is no small feat. Plus, Hodgson is currently on pace for a 28-point season, which is pretty close to Kesler's second year in the NHL and pretty much on schedule for a Top 6 prospect.

I think Schneider would be an over-payment at this point, and we know Phoenix has huge question marks in net now.

Also, without a lot of defensive depth on the farm, I'd be very reluctant to give up Connauton or Tanev, Sauve maybe...but I don't think Sauve gets a deal done. Plus I firmly believe draft picks are off the table to take a run at Weber this off-season. Maybe there was a package involving Sturm and/or Sammy on the table, and with that falling through Turris decided to go public. But its tough to imagine the Canucks now being able to put together a package that can get a kid who is still a top prospect.

Also, I can't blame Turris at all for trying to get out of that mess. It is truly the most screwed up franchise in the League. They haven't won a playoff series since 1987, the player who single-handedly put them in contention to make the playoffs the last 3 years (Bryzgalov), and fringe veterans are signed every year and take ice-time away from prospects. Take a look at their draft picks, has there been a worse team at drafting and developing?
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Canuck-One wrote:
Hank wrote:Hey nothing wrong with beliefs. But you shouldn't be proclaiming your religious beliefs at work. How would you like it if your atheist co-workers are always in your face about it?
I won't take this any further, Jesus gave you a choice and who am I to take it away.
When you meet God, say hi to Her for me.

But seriously, being around Christians is one thing but people who constantly and loudly give props to God are something else, and they would be tiresome to be around after awhile. God hopefully has better things to do than make plans for David Booth, the young, good-looking, healthy, multi-millionaire hockey player.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

darren wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:
Hank wrote:God hopefully has better things to do than make plans for David Booth, the good-looking hockey player.
He certainly does; like when he planned AIDS to rid the world of guys like you.

:mrgreen:

Kidding..... Booth is one handsome dude. Part of Gods plan for him I guess.
2011..... the one that got away.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

dhabums wrote:
Fred wrote:Darcy Rota and Ryan Walters were "born again Christians " didn't seem to effect their style of play

Any idea when either was reborn? And why didn't Darcy's last name change to Rotas?
And how might it effect their UFA eligibility?

:)
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I do not mind Booth being a Christian, Jew or Muslim as long as he scores. I listened to the interview until it simply got too mundane which is not Booths' fault. As to the subject of God that is under discussion and somewhat off topic (but i go that way at times so glass house and all that) I would be interested in this discussion much more if anyone of us was qualified to have it. There is no law against talking shit and Heaven knows this is a topic that draws more flies than the original product. I sort of see it like this. We are sitting off in the back forty of some galaxy. Our planet is spinning at about 1000 miles per hour. We circle the sun at some insane speed and we are constantly revising science to show new discoveries. Yesterdays' truth is todays heresy. Our lives are short and can be nasty and brutish. Our central nervous system is wired to reward us with pleasure. No different from a dog or cat. In this scenario step many of us who have the 'truth' of god or no god. WTF makes any of us smart enough to figure this out? Where does such arrogance come from? Of course it is fear of being alone in the big universe and probably many other factors that I am not aware of. God may or may not exist. I do not now nor will I ever have the intelligence to figure it out for sure. All I know is if I live by spiritual principles such as empathy, forgiveness and so on I do better in my life. I do not know why and I am glad I am so dumb. makes it easier to be a hockey fan and a Canuck fan for 41 years with no Cup in particular. So in closing I do not blame any possible God for problems in our world. I blame the one critter who has free will and their propensity for being absolute in their thoughts.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
darren wrote:God hopefully has better things to do than make plans for David Booth, the good-looking hockey player.
He certainly does; like when he planned AIDS to rid the world of guys like you.

:mrgreen:

Kidding..... Booth is one handsome dude. Part of Gods plan for him I guess.
Whoa Eddy! You quoted the wrong dude. I hope that AIDS thing is for guys like Darren and not me.

I kid, Darren, I kid :)

Nothing wrong with admitting DB is one attractive man, is there?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Man I really think many are reading way too much into Booth's beliefs.

He mentioned God a few times, because it's what he believes in.

Would you be just as upset if he spoke of his family in the same context? "My dad, who died a few years ago, gives me the strength to accept things as they are given to me and to perform my best!" (David's dad may be still alive, I'm simply using this as an example.)

No one would say boo.

I don't care what motivates these guys as long as it helps them perform night in and night out.

From what we have heard he is very well liked, which probably means he isn't pushing his religion on others.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Did Booth dress up as Jesus for Halloween or something?
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Vpete wrote:Did Booth dress up as Jesus for Halloween or something?
Blasphemy...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Wow! David Booth is religious??? :shock:

I don't care if he's a Satan worshiping goat fucker as long as he helps the team. On the other hand, I'd rather see hockey talk in a hockey thread. :?

We have a Bar & Grill, it's a great place to discuss non-hockey matters...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote:Wow! David Booth is religious??? :shock:

I don't care if he's a Satan worshiping goat fucker as long as he helps the team. On the other hand, I rather see hockey talk in a hockey thread. :?

Nail em to the cross cornuck...

Booth will get 1 goal and 1 assist tonight, he will be help bent on a good performance
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

hallelujah to that and a big amen
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Cornuck wrote:Wow! David Booth is religious??? :shock:

I don't care if he's a Satan worshiping goat fucker as long as he helps the team. On the other hand, I'd rather see hockey talk in a hockey thread. :?

A satan worshiping goat fucker.... talk about taking it to the next level!!

Cornuck, you're my god damned anti-christ hero.