Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Post by dhabums »

Hank wrote:
Fred wrote:Booth a minus 11 and Ballard a minus 10...do they not teach them any thing in Florida :D
Uh, you don't remember at least 7 or 8 absolutely shit goals that Luongo gave up in October? How about that floater from the blue line in Chicago? Can you blame the 5 guys who got minuses on that shift?

You can't, but players also end up on the ice for crappy goals for. Usually, that part of +/- works itself out. Things like EN goals don't for a bad team like FLA. Still, it seems be be one of the most misused and misunderstood stats in hockey.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I agree 20 games is not a good length of time to make a judgement. But over the course of a year IMO it does show a trend by certain players. We frequently admire a player with a good +/- then by the same token we should be realistic with a player that has a poor +/- Booth was a -31 last season the worse on the Florida roster.
cheers
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

MG is f***ing brilliant! We now have a $4 mill player playing on our 3rd line. So, why'd we trade Samuelsson again? :P
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:MG is f***ing brilliant! We now have a $4 mill player playing on our 3rd line. So, why'd we trade Samuelsson again? :P
Because Sturm went with.

Or Tallon has pictures of Gillis.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:MG is f***ing brilliant! We now have a $4 mill player playing on our 3rd line. So, why'd we trade Samuelsson again? :P
Cause Booth makes roughly the same amount as Sturm and Samuelsson combined plus Booths contract is for 4 more years where Sturm and Samuelsson's contract end this year. Don't you see the positives?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
Cause Booth makes roughly the same amount as Sturm and Samuelsson combined plus Booths contract is for 4 more years where Sturm and Samuelsson's contract end this year. Don't you see the positives?
Actually, MG noted a lack of things to complain about in November and did something to provide some fuel. He cares about ALL the fans because you are all Canucks.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It really is hard to find many positives with Booths game. I don't want to go on about it too much but there doesn't appear to be an end to his struggles. Gotta think that if he doesn't come around soon and start contributing he'll be on the bus.
Steve Bernier must have taught him a few things last season cause they play almost the same nothing game.
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote:It really is hard to find many positives with Booths game. I don't want to go on about it too much but there doesn't appear to be an end to his struggles. Gotta think that if he doesn't come around soon and start contributing he'll be on the bus.
Steve Bernier must have taught him a few things last season cause they play almost the same nothing game.
Don't worry, there's a plan and Boothy is sticking to it.

Pastor Bernier must give great sermons!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hank wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:It really is hard to find many positives with Booths game. I don't want to go on about it too much but there doesn't appear to be an end to his struggles. Gotta think that if he doesn't come around soon and start contributing he'll be on the bus.
Don't worry, there's a plan and Boothy is sticking to it.

Pastor Bernier must give great sermons!
WTF? Are the Jesus freaks taking over my hockey team now?
Maybe he should get out of the chappie and back into the damn weight room cause god isn't helping him on the ice with very much.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: WTF? Are the Jesus freaks taking over my hockey team now?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I wonder if anyone has taken the Stanley Cup to Chapel? Maybe he will be the first!
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote:I wonder if anyone has taken the Stanley Cup to Chapel? Maybe he will be the first!
Can you bring the other "Holy Grail" into a chapel? Isn't that like worshipping a false idol?

Maybe it can get passed around like a collection plate.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I wonder how the media and locker room would view Booth's enthusiastic piety if he were a Jew or *gasp* a Muslim.

Maybe what the team needs is a few devout muslims. Players who are willing to kill or die in the name of victory. We could put them on IVs during Ramadan and convince them that Brad Marchand supports Israel financially.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Hank wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I wonder if anyone has taken the Stanley Cup to Chapel? Maybe he will be the first!
Can you bring the other "Holy Grail" into a chapel? Isn't that like worshipping a false idol?

Maybe it can get passed around like a collection plate.

Is there a Holy Roller on the Penguins ?? because that's where the Cup is going this season :D
cheers