OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: OOTS

Post by dbr »

mathonwy wrote:Real deal?
Ha ha.
Rudypoo
CC Veteran

Post by Rudypoo »

Rumsfeld wrote:so I guess the Daniel speedbagging should have earned us a 10-minute PP.
That would have been interesting, considering there was only 1:31 left in the game. Oh yeah, and we were down by 3 fucking goals.

I get your point, but people really need to let it go. The officiating was crap, but not because it was stacked against the Canucks. It was crap because the standard was not the same as it was in the regular season plus three rounds of playoffs. That didn't do the Canucks any favours, but they had their fair share of PP chances when Games 3 and 4 were still in reach, and look what happened; they produced 1 goal and gave up a shorty.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dbr wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Real deal?
Ha ha.
:lol:
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote:Laughs win a very entertaining game against the Habs.

They're 5-1-1 and the top team in Canada right now.

Real deal? or Pretenders?
They have wins against teams that will not likely be in the playoffs. Montreal x2, Ottawa, Winnipeg & Calgary. Those 4 teams have 8 wins combined.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Philly 4...laffs 2.....hmmm
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

rats19 wrote:Philly 4...laffs 2.....hmmm
Overshadowed by a very serious injury to Pronger, could be as bad as Malhotra's eye injury. Grabovski took a shot and the follow through of his blade went right into Pronger's eyeball which lead to screams you could hear from the press box.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A couple of shots of Jagrmeister downed the Monster.

Pronger, lives by the sword.......
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Benjo wrote:
Overshadowed by a very serious injury to Pronger, could be as bad as Malhotra's eye injury. Grabovski took a shot and the follow through of his blade went right into Pronger's eyeball which lead to screams you could hear from the press box.
I have no sympathy for anyone that plays without a visor.

It's there for your protection. If you choose to not use it, deal with the consequences.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Benjo wrote:
Overshadowed? Highlighted is more like it.

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

dhabums wrote:
Benjo wrote:Overshadowed? Highlighted is more like it.
:D I really don't like to see players get injured, but I did have to watch Pronger take one in the face a few times. :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Shane Doan scored his 300th career goal last night. Apparently he got all this way without ever scoring a hat trick.. incredible.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Jets beating the shit outta the Flyers.

4:10 Philadelphia Flyers PHI
Scott Hartnell 3 (Assists: Jaromir Jagr 6, Kimmo Timonen 5)
0 - 1
10:01 Winnipeg Jets WPG
Randy Jones 1 (Assists: Blake Wheeler 3, Tanner Glass 3)
1 - 1
13:39 Winnipeg Jets WPG
Jim Slater 4 (Assists: Chris Thorburn 1, Tanner Glass 4)
2 - 1
18:37 Winnipeg Jets WPG
Kyle Wellwood 4 (Assists: Tobias Enstrom 4, Bryan Little 2)
3 - 1
2nd Period WPG - PHI
3:39 Winnipeg Jets WPG
Tanner Glass 2 (Assists: Tobias Enstrom 5, Dustin Byfuglien 3)
4 - 1
4:39 Winnipeg Jets WPG
Nik Antropov 3 (power play) (Assists: Tim Stapleton 1)
5 - 1

Kyle Wellwood's 4 goals would be tied for first on our team... :cry:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Wellwood and Garbner would have really given us that physical dimension we lacked against the Bruins.

Remember when Malhotra seemed like a massive upgrade over Wellwood on the third line?

According to the coaching staff, Manny's troubles have mostly been a lack of conditioning from getting numerous procedures over the summer. I'm sure that's a factor but I'm not buying it. He looks like one corner of his head had a stroke and then ran into a wall.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:Wellwood and Garbner would have really given us that physical dimension we lacked against the Bruins.

Remember when Malhotra seemed like a massive upgrade over Wellwood on the third line?

According to the coaching staff, Manny's troubles have mostly been a lack of conditioning from getting numerous procedures over the summer. I'm sure that's a factor but I'm not buying it. He looks like one corner of his head had a stroke and then ran into a wall.

Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and no gas to get there even if he saw it...methinks that manny is on his way to being a ghost in the hall...

On a less positive note I see that garbage defense in edmonchuk managed to keep Washington to 1 goal. I still haven't forgiven that icehole in the tundra for the dynasty years and now this. I know that over 82 games the other teams will lay the beat down this season, but its only a matter of time before that coiler team is the real deal again.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

ukcanuck wrote: Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and no gas to get there even if he saw it...methinks that manny is on his way to being a ghost in the hall...

On a less positive note I see that garbage defense in edmonchuk managed to keep Washington to 1 goal. I still haven't forgiven that icehole in the tundra for the dynasty years and now this. I know that over 82 games the other teams will lay the beat down this season, but its only a matter of time before that coiler team is the real deal again.
This is a FACT

Jordan Eberle - Age 21 - Drafted 22st overall
Sam Gagner - Age 22 - Drafted 6th overall.
Ales Hemsky - Age 28 - Drafted 13th overall.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Age 18 - Drafted 1st overall.
Magnus Paajarvi - Age 20 - Drafted 10th overall.
Taylor Hall - Age 19 - Drafted 1st overall.

Those draft positions are fucking ridiculous and cumulatively speaking, that's a SHIT load of skill. I don't think we really understand how much skill that really is.

In 5 years, half of those guys might be on Team Canada.

Fucking coilers.