OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: OOTS

Post by tantalum »

mathonwy wrote:30 minutes into the Wild and Flames game and it's 0-0.

What a great matching on a Saturday night.

Cripple fight!!!
Haven't been watching. Instead was watching "The girl that played with fire". Chick has more balls than the Wild and Flames put together.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: OOTS

Post by mathonwy »

Iggy finally scores his 500th.

Congratz and I'm sorry the Flames wasted your career.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: OOTS

Post by tantalum »

Man the Wild are complete shit. Never seen a team go through GM and coaching changes and play the exact same way no matter what. It's like they don't want to win.
User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7091
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: OOTS

Post by Per »

tantalum wrote:
mathonwy wrote:30 minutes into the Wild and Flames game and it's 0-0.

What a great matching on a Saturday night.

Cripple fight!!!
Haven't been watching. Instead was watching "The girl that played with fire". Chick has more balls than the Wild and Flames put together.
You're watching Swedish films with subtitles?! :shock:

Have you seen Fincher's version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo yet so you can compare it with the original?
I haven't gotten around to it yet, guess I might wait for the DVD.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: OOTS

Post by tantalum »

Yes Swedish Films with subtitles. How very cultured of me!

I haven't seen the US version yet, though Ebert feels it compares quite favourably to the Swedish version. It's not a remake of the Swedish so I'm interested in how the books will be interpreted/changed for the North American audience.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: OOTS

Post by wienerdog »

tantalum wrote:Yes Swedish Films with subtitles. How very cultured of me!

I haven't seen the US version yet, though Ebert feels it compares quite favourably to the Swedish version. It's not a remake of the Swedish so I'm interested in how the books will be interpreted/changed for the North American audience.
Many people have told me it's better than the book.

Which, btw, has a way better title in Swedish: "Men Who Hate Women". A much better title than "The Girl who blah fucking blah" idea they're offering us here in NA. Fire that person.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8783
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: OOTS

Post by Meds »

What gives in Washington? They have gone from being President Trophy winners/challengers over the last few seasons to 10th place in the conference. Ovechkin has gone from being an Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Hart Trophy winner/contestant, to sitting 48th in individual point scoring. The team has not made any significant moves other than to sign Tomas Vokoun, a stronger goalie than they have had in the past. Yet this team has found a way to consistently lose and under achieve....

Gotta say, I'm surprised.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: OOTS

Post by wienerdog »

Meds wrote:What gives in Washington? They have gone from being President Trophy winners/challengers over the last few seasons to 10th place in the conference. Ovechkin has gone from being an Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Hart Trophy winner/contestant, to sitting 48th in individual point scoring. The team has not made any significant moves other than to sign Tomas Vokoun, a stronger goalie than they have had in the past. Yet this team has found a way to consistently lose and under achieve....

Gotta say, I'm surprised.
As Ovechkin goes, so go the Caps.

He's single-handedly giving rivers of credence to the "don't draft Russians" line of thinking this year.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: OOTS

Post by tantalum »

Cammalerri traded to the Flames according to Duthie on twitter.

Nothing on the return back to the Habs (Bourque??)

edit: apparently Bourque plus. No idea what the plus is.


So Flames acquire the same player as the one they are trading but the new guy has a larger cap hit?

Note to Habs players and coaches...don't say anything bad about the team or you will be whacked. Especially if you say it in English
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: OOTS

Post by tantalum »

In the you have to be fucking kidding me and I'm glad I didn't buy a ticket category....40 seconds left in the second period of a 0-0 Ducks-FLames game and the shots are 11-6 Ducks.

edit: Holy crap is this a terrible game. Ducks have had 2 goals waved off. 0-0 with 5 left in the third.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: OOTS

Post by mathonwy »

tantalum wrote:In the you have to be fucking kidding me and I'm glad I didn't buy a ticket category....40 seconds left in the second period of a 0-0 Ducks-FLames game and the shots are 11-6 Ducks.

edit: Holy crap is this a terrible game. Ducks have had 2 goals waved off. 0-0 with 5 left in the third.
Now that's a cripple fight.

Two horrible teams stinking it up for the fans.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: OOTS

Post by dhabums »

tantalum wrote: Note to Habs players and coaches...don't say anything bad about the team or you will be whacked. Especially if you say it in English

Note to Habs players, if you want out.....
ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3323
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: OOTS

Post by ESQ »

Thought this was worthy of a share. After their 5-2 loss to Chicago, this is a graph showing the Wild's chances of making the playoffs over the course of the season:
Image
dbr
CC Legend
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: OOTS

Post by dbr »

Bruins lost to the Hurricanes again last night. Little tidbit courtesy of Ryan Lambert:
The three Hurricanes games work out to about 7.5% of the Bruins 41 games so far, so they are scoring against the Bruins at nearly twice the rate of other opponents.

Looks like they are taking advantage on the powerplay as well.. three of eleven were with the man advantage.

Still, GM MG might want to place a call to old Jim Rutherford and see if he can shake their secret loose, or failing that a player or two.

Jay Harrison fought Zdeno Chara last night, I didn't see it but ZC was assessed an instigator (2,5,10) on the play.. Oh yeah he scored a goal and played 23 minutes too. Harrison is +3 against the Bruins this year and has fought ZC twice now.

Then there are your Tim Gleason, Tuomo Ruutu as well.. anyway this is getting off topic for this thread.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: OOTS

Post by tantalum »

FLames got a huge break in OT against the Sharks. Sharks score a good goal but it ends up getting waved off after a ref conference for contact on Kipper. Oh there was contact all right....Jokinen hit his own goalie. Kiprusoff did the Luongo flop and the Sharks scored. Just a terrible call. It was obvious on the initial play.

edit: Sharks end up with the shootout win and the refs breathe a sigh of relief.
Post Reply