From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:14 pm Rod the Bod has spoken.

Yes it happened, yes it was immediately brought to management's attention and was dealt with at the time.
“It for sure happened, the two issues that are in question,” Brind’Amour said of Jordan’s allegations.....

“To me, it’s what happened after that I’m proud about actually, the way the players handled it, and the way the support staff handled it, which was to bring it to management right away,” Brind’Amour continued. “And then management handled it directly and never heard of it again. And never saw anything else after that.

“So, it was definitely dealt with, in my opinion, correctly, and that’s the last I need to talk about it.”
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bri ... -happened/
Hey man, kicking a player is still fine, I mean it's nothing like uttering a very bad word.

It's all good...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jesus they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for players for the All Star Game. Little Save Dave is now going. Why cheapen the affair more?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Speaking of the Lames, I foresee a Brodie for Kapanen trade...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:49 pm Speaking of the Lames, I foresee a Brodie for Kapanen trade...
Or Hamonic.
If you need air...call it in
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:44 pm Jesus they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for players for the All Star Game. Little Save Dave is now going. Why cheapen the affair more?
He's played pretty well, but I'm not sure he deserves to go to the All-star game.
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:49 pm Speaking of the Lames, I foresee a Brodie for Kapanen trade...
They have some cap space, so I'm sure there will be some sort of move before the trade deadline. Don't know if it is Brodie or possibly Hamonic. If Valamaki didn't get injured, one of those two would have been gone by now. With the expansion draft, they will end up losing one of Hanafin, Andersen or Kylington. Valamaki and Gio will be protected. My guess is that they will end up trading Kylington. So they will end up losing either Hanafin or Andersen. Gio has a no movement clause, so they have to protect him.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BCExpat wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:44 pm
They have some cap space, so I'm sure there will be some sort of move before the trade deadline. Don't know if it is Brodie or possibly Hamonic. If Valamaki didn't get injured, one of those two would have been gone by now. With the expansion draft, they will end up losing one of Hanafin, Andersen or Kylington. Valamaki and Gio will be protected. My guess is that they will end up trading Kylington. So they will end up losing either Hanafin or Andersen. Gio has a no movement clause, so they have to protect him.
Gio has a modified NTC, not a NMC clause... according to CapFriendly... so he doesn't have to be protected?

(I'm never complete sure about X-draft rules since they aren't all published and there in misinformation out there)

(do you have specific knowledge on Gio's contract in this regard?)

But IF he doesn't need to be protected, might the Flames will expose him at age 38 with 1 year left at $6.75M?

And yeah I guess it could end up being Hamonic that they trade.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:29 pm
Gio has a modified NTC, not a NMC clause... according to CapFriendly... so he doesn't have to be protected?

(I'm never complete sure about X-draft rules since they aren't all published and there in misinformation out there)

But IF he doesn't need to be protected, might the Flames will expose him at age 38 with 1 year left at $6.75M?

I'm just going by what I've read on other sites, but it looks like he has to be protected. Obviously if Gio doesn't have to be protected, the Flames would protect Valamaki, Anderson and Hanafin. Unfortunately, it appears they have to protect Gio. Looks like the Flames are going to end up losing one of thier good young D men.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

BCExpat wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:00 pm

I'm just going by what I've read on other sites, but it looks like he has to be protected. Obviously if Gio doesn't have to be protected, the Flames would protect Valamaki, Anderson and Hanafin. Unfortunately, it appears they have to protect Gio. Looks like the Flames are going to end up losing one of thier good young D men.

That thing about the Flames losing one of their D men has got me sobbing in my beer. Oh no!!!! Not the Flames. I would not mind getting one of them for us. But which one?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

damonberryman wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:09 pm

That thing about the Flames losing one of their D men has got me sobbing in my beer. Oh no!!!! Not the Flames. I would not mind getting one of them for us. But which one?
BerryMan let me start by saying you have a unique way of replying with quotes. Secondly, what kind of beer are you drinking? Thirdly, Doyle is a member of Hair Club For Men
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:32 pm
damonberryman wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:09 pm

BerryMan let me start by saying you have a unique way of replying with quotes. Secondly, what kind of beer are you drinking? Thirdly, Doyle is a member of Hair Club For Men

I still got all my hair and it is a charming blend of grey and grey. I am actually drinking wine tonight. I am beginning to suspect it is not so much the weed or wine as it is learning my limits and being more comfortable in them. That is it. No great insights other then be grateful for each day as there is always a bus coming as you look the other way. :D :D

I just watched some of the CHL game and I got to say Colbyy is not only an insightful at times, but is also gutsy in his choice of clothing. He may be trying to distract us from any other shortcomings he may possess.

I would love to see Lafrennier (sp?) go to Montreal.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen BerryMan. As a fan I was victim to too many Canuck losses to the high flying Le Habitats of the shaggy beaver 1970’s. And for that I have about as much interest in Lafrenierre going there as knowing how Doyles ass taste.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:22 pm Listen BerryMan. As a fan I was victim to too many Canuck losses to the high flying Le Habitats of the shaggy beaver 1970’s. And for that I have about as much interest in Lafrenierre going there as knowing how Doyles ass taste.
WTF is wrong with shaggy? What's the end of a comb for? Why did flossing "really get so important"? Not to mention 5 O-clock shadow.
Or worse.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BCExpat wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:00 pm

99.99% of the time a player listed at CapFriendly as having a NTC does not need to be protected.

I've only heard of one player where it was otherwise (can't remember who it was).

So unless someone in the know has stated otherwise, we should assume Gio doesn't need to be protected.

Even if he does need to be protected, Flames could always ask him to waive for the X-draft.

(that has happened quite a few times)
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:16 pm
I've only heard of one player where it was otherwise (can't remember who it was).
Was it Tyler Myers? Capfriendly has an NMC, but the media coverage at the time said it was modified for the expansion draft:
Myers also has a no-move clause in the first year of the deal, a full no-trade clause over the next two years, then a limited no-trade clause that allows a 10-team list for the remaining two years
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

David Rittich had a remarkable game vs toronto. I know that's bad for us but fu*k.
https://www.tsn.ca/dave-rittich-s-35-sa ... -1.1428687

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/fla ... -pad-save/
"evolution"