From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Strangelove »

I like Coleman but that contract is a little too rich for my liking.

$4.9M-per taking him to age 35. :eh:

And I like Zadorov, was hoping Canucks would get him.

The only problem is he could take his 1-year $3.2M qualifier and walk as a UFA.

Hopefully the Flames looked into that before making the trade though.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

ESQ wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:31 pm
BCExpat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:19 pm
theman wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 am
BCExpat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:05 am 2 decent pickups for the Flames. Let's see if they can snag Eichel without giving up the farm. :roll: :drink:
TSN just keeps on talking about Vegas going all in to land him via trade.
I really don't think the Flames will get Eichel.
What does Vegas have that would get Eichel? Picks, yes, but no bluechip prospects, no cap room, and all their big-money players have some trade protection, except for guys who should be untouchable like Tuch and Theodore.

I could see the Flames still being in the hunt, they basically have the cap space if they include Tkachuk, right?

Yeah Tkachuk would have to be part of the deal. I'm not holding my breath - if it happens, great, but if it doesn't, I hope they have something else in the works. They really haven't changed anything yet, except losing Gio in the ED. They can't go into next season with this core virtually intact. :eh:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol some mouth breathers on calpuck seem to think that Tkachuk for Pettersson is a fair deal. Maybe if they toss in a couple 1sts becaus I don’t care for their prospects much.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:35 am Lol some mouth breathers on calpuck seem to think that Tkachuk for Pettersson is a fair deal. Maybe if they toss in a couple 1sts becaus I don’t care for their prospects much.
I'm going to preface this by saying, I wouldn't do this deal. But its an interesting thought experiment. Tkachuk gives us that much needed added grit in the top 6. I'd project they both get close to the same point totals throughout their career - EP just does it with a lot more skill, Tkachuk goes to the net. He is only a year older I think - and likely more durable.

If Calgary were to add in a player w/ salary retention (say Anderson with 1.5 mil retained), and a pick, (2nd rounder). It gives us a better Right D, a cost controlled player at 7mil (can't see him signing for much more when this expires) for a player who is an RFA.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeahno, Petey is a WAAAAY better player than Tkapuke.

Pete scores more goals AND more assists... and he's a centre.

And don't forget Turtle must be qualified at $9M next summer.

He'll never be worth that kind of money, fuck that shit...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Wrong Tkachuk.
Not worth discussing unless they are talking about his brother in Ottawa.

Maybe they can trade the Calgary Tkachuk for this guy after he is drafted this summer:
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/6 ... pettersson
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:51 am Yeahno, Petey is a WAAAAY better player than Tkapuke.

Pete scores more goals AND more assists... and he's a centre.

And don't forget Turtle must be qualified at $9M next summer.

He'll never be worth that kind of money, fuck that shit...
I'm not a fan of the person, for sure - and it would be a downgrade on skill, but the trade proposal upgrades our D, and grit. It also allows Miller to move to centre, which I think he has said he prefers. It would be better to have Miller and Bo as 1-2 in terms of faceoffs as well.

I also do think, that when their careers are over, both will have similar point totals, mainly because I think Tkapuke will play more games overall.

Its summer, and no hockey news = boredom. Like I said, it would be hard to cheer for any of that family.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

As a Flames fan, I would love this trade, but there is no way we get Petey for MT alone. I guess this stems from Petey's comments about being on a winning team, so he wouldn't want to go to the Flames :roll: .
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mangipane with a couple goals tonight. There’s a rumour on Bountiful from Dino7c that he’s on the short list to make Canada’s Olympic hockey team. Never let your tards change B’Ingo. Nice little player but he doesn’t sniff Canada’s B team. If he’s on the short list Bo Horvat must have made the team.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:06 pm Mangipane with a couple goals tonight. There’s a rumour on Bountiful from Dino7c that he’s on the short list to make Canada’s Olympic hockey team. Never let your tards change B’Ingo. Nice little player but he doesn’t sniff Canada’s B team. If he’s on the short list Bo Horvat must have made the team.
Well, I could ALMOST see Horvat almost a 4C, but yeah I would be surprised if he made the team.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

theman wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:08 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:06 pm Mangipane with a couple goals tonight. There’s a rumour on Bountiful from Dino7c that he’s on the short list to make Canada’s Olympic hockey team. Never let your tards change B’Ingo. Nice little player but he doesn’t sniff Canada’s B team. If he’s on the short list Bo Horvat must have made the team.
Well, I could ALMOST see Horvat almost a 4C, but yeah I would be surprised if he made the team.
McDavid
Crosby
MacKinnon
Bergeron
Stamkos
Tavares
Couture
Couturier
O'Reilly
Kyrou
Horvat

I can see Bergeron and Stamkos taking a pass just due to injury history and wanting to maximize the break for healing up.

Despite current stats I don't know that I see Couture, Couturier, Tavares, Kyrou, or O'Reilly, as being significantly better than Horvat when you consider they would all be playing on lines 3 or 4. Typically team Canada has headed to the Olympics with anywhere from 6-9 of their forwards being centers that have converted over to wing.

If Bergeron and/or O'Reilly aren't on the team Bo is a pretty decent option to replace them as the all-situations guy behind Sid.

The only locks are McDavid, MacKinnon, and Crosby and McDavid and MacKinnon are not exactly renowned for their 200 foot games.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Looks like the Flames are really buying into Sutter hockey. Nice to see Kylington take a big step up. Mangipane and Dube look pretty good too. Monahan has been demoted, he hasn't looked good for the pass few seasons, and I'm not sure he can return to his old form. Unfortunately he isn't going to be worth much in a trade either. Funny how Tkachuk's ice time has been cut wayyyy back. Sutter isn't going to put up with any shit from him. I can't see him getting a $9 million qualifying offer from the Flames at the end of the season - hopefully they trade him before that.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:52 pm Looks like the Flames are really buying into Sutter hockey. Nice to see Kylington take a big step up. Mangipane and Dube look pretty good too. Monahan has been demoted, he hasn't looked good for the pass few seasons, and I'm not sure he can return to his old form. Unfortunately he isn't going to be worth much in a trade either. Funny how Tkachuk's ice time has been cut wayyyy back. Sutter isn't going to put up with any shit from him. I can't see him getting a $9 million qualifying offer from the Flames at the end of the season - hopefully they trade him before that.
He has a bit of an injury history, doesn't he?

Also, if Sutter is going to cost Tkachuk a 9 mil QO, man, will that dressing room turn south quickly. Could be Kane - Big D all over again but in Calgary not Winnipeg.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

wonder if the flames sell the farm for Eichel?
Elliotte Friedman on 590 rn just said that the teams he’s heard the most about in regard to Eichel is the Flames
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:15 pm wonder if the flames sell the farm for Eichel?
Elliotte Friedman on 590 rn just said that the teams he’s heard the most about in regard to Eichel is the Flames
I would guess it would be Tkachuk, either Doobeh or Mangina plus one of Valimaki or Andersson. That would set Buffalo up nicely
If you need air...call it in