From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Matthew the Turtle Tkachuk or Matthew Wenneberg sucker puncher Tkachuk?

Which one garners more respect?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:05 am Matthew the Turtle Tkachuk or Matthew Wenneberg sucker puncher Tkachuk?

On pace for 95 points!
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:08 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:05 am Matthew the Turtle Tkachuk or Matthew Wenneberg sucker puncher Tkachuk?

On pace for 95 points!
The book is not written on Olaf.

Nobody respects Tkachuk. A disgrace to the fine art of rat hockey
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:11 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:08 am

On pace for 95 points!
The book is not written on Olaf.

Nobody respects Tkachuk. A disgrace to the fine art of rat hockey
Yup, the truth is out, Chukky is a coward, a phony.

Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

His turtling from Kassian is one of the most cowardly turtles I’ve ever seen
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:09 pm His turtling from Kassian is one of the most cowardly turtles I’ve ever seen
Do you believe top 20 scorers should have to fight 4th line energy guys? Should McDavid or MacKinnon fight Reaves?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:12 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:09 pm His turtling from Kassian is one of the most cowardly turtles I’ve ever seen
Do you believe top 20 scorers should have to fight 4th line energy guys? Should McDavid or MacKinnon fight Reaves?
No but they shouldn't poke bears then hide behind refs either...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:12 pm
McDavid and McKinnon don’t play the rat game that Tkachuk plays, if he is gonna play that way you don’t turtle the way he did against Kassian. Disgusting
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

In a lot of ways, Tkachuk reminds me of Burrows. I see why you guys hate Tkachuk 8-) I know I Burrows wasn't going to get a Christmas Card from me or any other Flames fan.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

The Flames clinch first overall in the west. Now comes the real test. I think they can get by the first round, although it's not a slam-dunk. They will have trouble with the Knights if they meet. Even if they get into the SCF, I can't see them beating the Bolts. I'm a bit concerned about size - the Flames will have difficulty with bigger teams in a grinding playoff series. The goaltending has been better lately, but will it hold up in the playoffs? Anyway, it'll be fun. I'm pretty sure Canuck fans will adopt the "ABC" rule - "anybody but Calgary" :)
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:17 am The Flames clinch first overall in the west. Now comes the real test. I think they can get by the first round, although it's not a slam-dunk. They will have trouble with the Knights if they meet. Even if they get into the SCF, I can't see them beating the Bolts. I'm a bit concerned about size - the Flames will have difficulty with bigger teams in a grinding playoff series. The goaltending has been better lately, but will it hold up in the playoffs? Anyway, it'll be fun. I'm pretty sure Canuck fans will adopt the "ABC" rule - "anybody but Calgary" :)
Oh, I don't know. I'm undecided. Sorry Wids. I do know 1993 is bout when most were first experiencing "The Net", PC, that is.
Pretty damned :oops: for Canada.

I am a little peeved that your gonna smash our point total from 2011.

At least you made the Sharks sad and depressed for us. Not much consolation for Canuck fans but, thanks. Rock-on.
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:06 pm In a lot of ways, Tkachuk reminds me of Burrows. I see why you guys hate Tkachuk 8-) I know I Burrows wasn't going to get a Christmas Card from me or any other Flames fan.
Burrows was a pest but he did not turtle like Tkachuk.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:05 am
BCExpat wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:06 pm In a lot of ways, Tkachuk reminds me of Burrows. I see why you guys hate Tkachuk 8-) I know I Burrows wasn't going to get a Christmas Card from me or any other Flames fan.
Burrows was a pest but he did not turtle like Tkachuk.
+1
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:17 am I'm pretty sure Canuck fans will adopt the "ABC" rule - "anybody but Calgary" :)
Anybody but Calgary... unless it's the Leaves.

Say, what is the plan for staying under the cap next season after re-signing Tkachuk?
____
Try to focus on someday.