From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There are quite a few fans at the retard farm who think they have a legit chance at landing Tavares :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:58 pm There are quite a few fans at the retard farm who think they have a legit chance at landing Tavares :lol:
It's because they figure if they were Tavares they'd sign in Calgary.

What they fail to comprehend is that Mr Tavares hasn't been stoned on cow fumes all his life.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol that poster GoJetsGo is a real special mongoloid
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Flames are without a draft pick in the first three rounds due to dealing this year's first- and second-round picks to the New York Islanders as part of the Travis Hamonic deal, as well as trading away their third-round selection to the Arizona Coyotes as part of the Mike Smith deal.

Barring a trade to move up, the Flames' first pick of the draft will be in the fourth round, 105th overall.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/15584 ... um=twitter
Mike Gillis styles.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cow puke going crazy with the trade.

Lindholm and Hanifin for Hamilton, Ferland and Fox.

I think they over valued both Hamilton and Ferland. Rumours were that Fox was not going to sign in Calgary in any event.

They pick up two solid pieces and yet they are, for the most part, in full revolt. Most think Hamilton alone was enough.

Nice to see them upset. But I think this is a very good trade for them. Hamilton is a known locker room problem and has a lot of defensive breakdowns. Ferland is a heart and soul player with several concussions and good stats riding shotgun for Johnny. But I think he is approaching his best used by date. And Fox has made it know he didn’t want to sign in Calgary.

They get two young players that fill positional needs. Both RFA so they’ll pay but I actually think this is a good trade for them.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:15 am Cow puke going crazy with the trade.

I think they over valued both Hamilton and Ferland. Rumours were that Fox was not going to sign in Calgary in any event.

They pick up two solid pieces and yet they are, for the most part, in full revolt. Most think Hamilton alone was enough.

Nice to see them upset. But I think this is a very good trade for them. Hamilton is a known locker room problem and has a lot of defensive breakdowns. Ferland is a heart and soul player with several concussions and good stats riding shotgun for Johnny. But I think he is approaching his best used by date. And Fox has made it know he didn’t want to sign in Calgary.

They get two young players that fill positional needs. Both RFA so they’ll pay but I actually think this is a good trade for them.
I agree with you Wids, they got a good deal but are too dumb to realize it.

It seems the Faulk rumours must be true, Canes are stacked at dee, especially on the right side.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I had hoped Hanifin would be coming this way. :look:
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:00 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:15 am Cow puke going crazy with the trade.

I agree with you Wids, they got a good deal but are too dumb to realize it.

It seems the Faulk rumours must be true, Canes are stacked at dee, especially on the right side.
Hamilton was damaged goods. Treliving's interview after the trade was as diplomatic as it gets, but what was unsaid amounted to Hamilton being content with personal stats and a paycheque, winning wasn't all that important. 3rd time traded for Dougie, twice in 4 years.

I'm definitely glad Ferland is gone. He was a inconsistent lightning rod in Calgary, but he always found his game against us and we had no answer for his running amok with late hits and net crashing.

Flames should be a playoff team with this move and the addition of Peters to replace Guletzan. They are still a starting goalie and a 2C upgrade away from going beyond the 1st round.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I haven't been here in quite a while, but I thought I'd chime in with my view of the trade.

I think it was a good trade for Calgary. I'm cautiously optimistic - after the Hamonic trade last year, which seemed like it was going to improve the team and get them farther into the playoffs, the team failed miserably. So at this point, I just don't know what to expect next season from the Flames.

The knock of Hamilton is his "compete" level. He just seemed to be too comfortable with losing. His offensive game was great, but he was a defensive liability. Gio covered up a lot of his mistakes. I hate to see Ferland go, but lets face it, he's not a first line player on any other team. Too bad we couldn't have kept him and played him on the third line where he belongs. Fox wasn't going to sign in Calgary anyway, - maybe because of the depth on D in front of him, including Andersen and Valimaki who are prospects ahead of him.

Apparently Treliving is not done yet, so we will see who else he brings in. The FA pool is pretty thin this year (at least in the players that Calgary would be able to get), so I'm not confident that they will improve going that route. Anyway, I'll be interesting to see who they end up getting.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

So...... how yabin???
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Still kickin'. 8-)
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hi Expat how the hell are ya?
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I'm enjoying retirement these days. :lol: :rockin:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Flames sign J. Neal. I like the player, but at 31 years old, the term is a bit too long. I think he will really help the flames for 2 or 3 years before he becomes an albatross. This signing should help the flames in the upcoming season.

I'm a bit concerned about the goal tending - will Mike Smith get injured again? Will his game regress in the upcoming season?
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:52 am Flames sign J. Neal. I like the player, but at 31 years old, the term is a bit too long. I think he will really help the flames for 2 or 3 years before he becomes an albatross. This signing should help the flames in the upcoming season.

I'm a bit concerned about the goal tending - will Mike Smith get injured again? Will his game regress in the upcoming season?
Like many teams. goaltending is the biggest question. Other than a few goalies, they change from season to season, 1 year they are superman the next year Clark Kent, the guy that never gets the girl.