From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck. Cant open twitter shit.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Looks like Bill Peters is going to get fired because of racist comments 10 years ago. Tre is still investigating it, but I don't think he has any choice but to fire him. I don't think the Flames on ice problems are due to Peters. It'll be interesting to see who the new coach will be and if he can right the ship. I haven't watched a lot of games this season, but the team looked pretty good against the Pens (without Crosby) last night, even if they lost in OT. The top line is not scoring enough. I think they need to move JG in the offseason - they will never win anything with him being the go to guy on the team.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

You guys can take Babcock :drink:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:00 pm You guys can take Babcock :drink:
From the apple to the tree? :wink:

"Not very surprising the things we’re hearing about Babcock. Apple doesn’t fall far from the Tree, same sort of deal with his protege in YYC. [Peters] dropped the N bomb several times towards me in the dressing room in my rookie year because he didn’t like my choice of music."

- Akim Aliu
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Send Akim to music appreciation classes.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

BCExpat wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:24 am Looks like Bill Peters is going to get fired because of racist comments 10 years ago. Tre is still investigating it, but I don't think he has any choice but to fire him. I don't think the Flames on ice problems are due to Peters. It'll be interesting to see who the new coach will be and if he can right the ship. I haven't watched a lot of games this season, but the team looked pretty good against the Pens (without Crosby) last night, even if they lost in OT. The top line is not scoring enough. I think they need to move JG in the offseason - they will never win anything with him being the go to guy on the team.
If Calgary was sitting at 15-8-4, instead of 11-12-4, would this be a discussion. I see this as a free firing of a coach who is already on the bubble. Constructive dismissal. Firing him for something from 10 years ago is wrong. But, Calgary will likely take the easy way out.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Tciso wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:21 pm
BCExpat wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:24 am Looks like Bill Peters is going to get fired because of racist comments 10 years ago. Tre is still investigating it, but I don't think he has any choice but to fire him. I don't think the Flames on ice problems are due to Peters. It'll be interesting to see who the new coach will be and if he can right the ship. I haven't watched a lot of games this season, but the team looked pretty good against the Pens (without Crosby) last night, even if they lost in OT. The top line is not scoring enough. I think they need to move JG in the offseason - they will never win anything with him being the go to guy on the team.
If Calgary was sitting at 15-8-4, instead of 11-12-4, would this be a discussion. I see this as a free firing of a coach who is already on the bubble. Constructive dismissal. Firing him for something from 10 years ago is wrong. But, Calgary will likely take the easy way out.
It doesn't matter if they were in first place overall in the NHL, I don't think the Flames really have any choice but to fire him. The backlash for not doing so would be over welming.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I just hope,someone's actually proves he said it, opposed to firing him on hearsay... which is what social media is demanding.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I don’t know what he said, or if it’s true. The point is, we can’t start using social media opinion as some sort of vigilante justice. It’s a bit like angry mobs running around with virtual pitchforks and torches.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Puck wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:33 pm I don’t know what he said, or if it’s true. The point is, we can’t start using social media opinion as some sort of vigilante justice. It’s a bit like angry mobs running around with virtual pitchforks and torches.
Yup. And even with all the sarcasm and hard time I am giving blob in thenothèr thread, that's kinda what I am saying.

Still need due process.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Holy crap that's good!
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:15 am Holy crap that's good!
Yup. It’s a classic. :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rod the Bod has spoken.

Yes it happened, yes it was immediately brought to management's attention and was dealt with at the time.
“It for sure happened, the two issues that are in question,” Brind’Amour said of Jordan’s allegations.....

“To me, it’s what happened after that I’m proud about actually, the way the players handled it, and the way the support staff handled it, which was to bring it to management right away,” Brind’Amour continued. “And then management handled it directly and never heard of it again. And never saw anything else after that.

“So, it was definitely dealt with, in my opinion, correctly, and that’s the last I need to talk about it.”
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bri ... -happened/