From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So Eriksson will get better once he gets settled in to his new team but the other two guys won't?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote:Guess it's good we didn't overpay for Brouwer, a possession black hole, invisible for a lot of the season, no creativity with the puck, Caps and Flames fans bashing him a lot, a career 3rd liner paid like a high end 2nd liner.

Ladd getting a lot of hate too, those crash and bangers are not the best to overpay, kinda glad Eriksson at least has some skills around the net, creative, two-way guy etc, can play on any line, will get better like Miller once settled in to the team/systems/linemates.
Sorry Skyo but Loui has been a complete bust so far this year and we better hope he improves a lot or his contract will be a boat anchor in years to come.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote:
SKYO wrote:Guess it's good we didn't overpay for Brouwer, a possession black hole, invisible for a lot of the season, no creativity with the puck, Caps and Flames fans bashing him a lot, a career 3rd liner paid like a high end 2nd liner.

Ladd getting a lot of hate too, those crash and bangers are not the best to overpay, kinda glad Eriksson at least has some skills around the net, creative, two-way guy etc, can play on any line, will get better like Miller once settled in to the team/systems/linemates.
Sorry Skyo but Loui has been a complete bust so far this year and we better hope he improves a lot or his contract will be a boat anchor in years to come.
Your right, Reef: Would love to see both he and Sutter get angry :twisted: Maybe take exception to a cheap shot or something like that. Draw out some emotion. Might make a night and day improvement.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

It's pretty clear who has more talent and more value to a team, LE is off to a lackluster start for sure, but it's proven he can thrive after awhile, while the opposite can be said about Brouwer, he is what he is, a good 3rd line checker and PK guy.

Bruins fans are pretty ruthless as it is, but after awhile Eriksson came around to be a 30/30 guy, and was a key guy for them so much so they tried to re-sign him, but they couldn't afford him really. The Bruins are what the Canucks were the past few years a lot of their 2011 core is aging fast, getting stale.

Eriksson with some chemistry should be a career 25 goal guy, he's reached over 60 points 5 times, I prefer that 6'2 talent over a checker.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You're nailing it lately Skyo! :thumbs:

Then there's this.

41 months from tomorrow, after paying his signing bonus, LE can be traded to one of 16 teams.

There will be only $1M REAL DOLLARS due him for the for the 2020-21 season + $4M for 2021-22.

(with a $6M cap-hit each season)

Either a cap-floor team is all over that or

... LE retires from the NHL at that point with $31M of his $36M contract in pocket imesho.

Having said that, I feel LE will give us value over the next 41 months...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Yeah, try to think about 41 months from now. I'm sure that's what Jimbo was thinking when he signed him :lol:

Loui hasn't been good. He's 507th in cost per point.

Brouwer hasn't been good either, he's 489th. 17 months from now he can be traded to 15 teams.

Both guys are good examples of why you shouldn't overpay on UFA day.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:You're nailing it lately Skyo! :thumbs:

Then there's this.

41 months from tomorrow, after paying his signing bonus, LE can be traded to one of 16 teams.

There will be only $1M REAL DOLLARS due him for the for the 2020-21 season + $4M for 2021-22.

(with a $6M cap-hit each season)

Either a cap-floor team is all over that or

... LE retires from the NHL at that point with $31M of his $36M contract in pocket imesho.

Having said that, I feel LE will give us value over the next 41 months...
Lol

I always get a kick out of how some people can justify a bad contract because in 2,3,4 or 5 years from now it is off the books. A bad contract is a bad contract.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I remember Reefer blasting Miller after he signed and had a bad game.... the infamous "SIX MILLION DOLLARS" in the GDTs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

To be fair though, we aren't really picking at one game here - it hasn't been a very good 50 first games for LE. Definitely hoping that he perks up after finding some chemistry (which hasn't seemed to be the case to this point). If he doesn't, the contract is definitely a bust, but Skyo's reference to his slow improvement over time in Boston is interesting and hopefully a window into what we will see here.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

DonCherry4PM wrote:To be fair though, we aren't really picking at one game here - it hasn't been a very good 50 first games for LE. Definitely hoping that he perks up after finding some chemistry (which hasn't seemed to be the case to this point). If he doesn't, the contract is definitely a bust, but Skyo's reference to his slow improvement over time in Boston is interesting and hopefully a window into what we will see here.
Follow the trail of semen from Elmer to Doc, to Dude to Skyo who then transfers it to Topper and Hank.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: I always get a kick out of how some people can justify a bad contract because in 2,3,4 or 5 years from now it is off the books. A bad contract is a bad contract.
Premature...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Follow the trail of semen from Elmer to Doc, to Dude to Skyo who then transfers it to Topper and Hank.
Immature...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:I remember Reefer blasting Miller after he signed and had a bad game.... the infamous "SIX MILLION DOLLARS" in the GDTs.
Ya for sure...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:I remember Reefer blasting Miller after he signed and had a bad game.... the infamous "SIX MILLION DOLLARS" in the GDTs.
Ya for sure...
O my, yes finally he us earning his keep.

But I guess at the end is better than never :roll:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Ya for sure...
O my, yes finally he us earning his keep.

But I guess at the end is better than never :roll:
Miller has been good value for his entire 3-yr contract, .917 sv% over that time.

(slightly above his career average)

Benning did very well by bringing Miller in at a discount from his previous salary. :shock:

That's a free asset... and usually UFAs get a raise.

This team would be seriously fucked-up right now without Miller...
____
Try to focus on someday.