From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:29 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:05 am
BCExpat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:49 am It looks like the Flames next 3 games are postponed due to COVID (6 player and 1 staff member).
Is Cowboys back open?
Apparently it is open. I've never been there.
Its where single moms go to party. Anyone going home with one needs cash to pay the sitter
If you need air...call it in
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Thats why you go to her place UDL! If you're brave enough to stay, its guaranteed breakfast too. Kids gotta eat.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:24 pm Thats why you go to her place UDL! If you're brave enough to stay, its guaranteed breakfast too. Kids gotta eat.
:lol:

"are you my new daddy...?"
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:34 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:24 pm Thats why you go to her place UDL! If you're brave enough to stay, its guaranteed breakfast too. Kids gotta eat.

"why is mommy walking like that?"

Shhh let's just eat our Fruit Loops!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:44 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:34 pm

"why is mommy walking like that?"

Shhh let's just eat our Fruit Loops!
and quit talking when scooby doob is on
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

https://twitter.com/user/status/1473452770183110658

Looks like the scumbag Murray Edwards (majority owner of the Flames), is pulling the plug on the new arena deal. Doesn't help that the new mayor is looking like a left wing douche bag herself. It could just be posturing, but if not, looks like Houston is getting an NHL franchise. No new arena = flames moving out of Calgary.

I guess Edwards didn't like the $4M allocated for climate mitigation :roll: :roll:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BCExpat wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:22 pm https://twitter.com/user/status/1473452770183110658

Looks like the scumbag Murray Edwards (majority owner of the Flames), is pulling the plug on the new arena deal. Doesn't help that the new mayor is looking like a left wing douche bag herself. It could just be posturing, but if not, looks like Houston is getting an NHL franchise. No new arena = flames moving out of Calgary.

I guess Edwards didn't like the $4M allocated for climate mitigation :roll: :roll:
Murray runs CNRL which is the Great Value version of an oil company. The cheapest, dirtiest, corner cutters in the industry
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BCExpat wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:22 pm https://twitter.com/user/status/1473452770183110658

Is the threatened move out of Calgary also not just a degree of posturing and negotiating tactics?
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Mëds wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:09 am

Is the threatened move out of Calgary also not just a degree of posturing and negotiating tactics?
He didn't really say they were leaving Calgary - it was just implied. The Flames organization has previously said that without the new arena, they don't know how long they can keep going in Calgary. It is posturing and negotiating tactics at this point. The new Mayor Jyoti Gondek is a real left winger who is all about climate change. She has imposed a few more costs onto the contract for roads and for "climate initiatives" - this is after a deal was in place with the previous Mayor and city council. Gondek was a city council person in the previous administration and has voted against the new building. So, I guess Edwards, the scumbag of the Oil industry and notorious cost cutting cheap skate, didn't take to kindly too the added costs and cancelled the deal. I'm sure they will be back to the negotiating table, but if not, and the Flames leave, life goes on.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Calgary isn’t going anywhere. It’s posturing to save a few bucks.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Damn, Johnny Hockey and ThePuke are on fire, 12 points each in their last 4 games.

Boys wanna get paid this summer. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Mongoloid Farm is blaming the loss on officiating.

Be proud D’Arcy McGrath.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Bruce and Co looked to have prescouted the Lames and had people where they like to break out, pressure our D etc.

Daryl got out coached!

(and high blocker is apparently Markstroms weakness)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

lol - i so rarely go to that place anymore, not even fun as it is too predictable.

Yes the refs were not at their best but that was not Markstroms best game. The Canucks were scoring goals that in the past games would be stopped by the goalie or hit the cross bar.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

For the most park Bountiful is surprisingly balanced, then there is this guy to remind of why Bountiful is so entertaining.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost. ... tcount=116
Score flatters the Canucks. 3 or 4 of their goals puck grazed or hit iron and in.

On the other hand, Coleman bobbles the puck on his breakaway, Andersson goes high instead of keeping it on the ice with a stickless Demko. Backlund pulls a deke ,wide open net, but somehow shoots right at Demko. Goal called back for incidental call my a$$! Defender was draped all over Lindy.

The zebras took over the game after the 1st, 7 penalties total + penalty shot to a team who apparently did no infraction..ok 1 but still.

Also if you look at the advanced stats, 5 on 5 expected goals, Flames on top.
Score and venue adjusted 5 on 5, Flames on top
and the cherry on the top, in all situations, slight edge to the Canucks 2,93 to 2,77 with all the zebra help.

From what I saw yesterday Flames played much better than the last two games (vs Seattle and Winnipeg)

Good thing is we finally meet the Wild back to back so we will see how this group responds under Sutter.

Sutter's post game is good. Flames made dumb mistakes.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.