From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by SKYO »

backlund gonna be 29 next month, he definitely cashed in with his last couple prime years, good thing the flamers got Ferland, Gaudreau and Monahan going to help Backlund get those points the last coupla years, otherwise he'd be averaging gagner type points of 40per.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 pm backlund gonna be 29 next month, he definitely cashed in with his last couple prime years, good thing the flamers got Ferland, Gaudreau and Monahan going to help Backlund get those points the last coupla years, otherwise he'd be averaging gagner type points of 40per.
Hmmmmm so who’s helped Sutter become that 30 point a year horse that we’ve all come to know and love ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sutter? that's you vs SL.

I'm talking points wise with Gagner.

Anyways $5.35M per for the aging backlund - he's making more than Wennberg!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Troy Brouwer - 3 goals 12 assists on $4.5 million per for 4 years. Turns 33 this summer

Sam Bennett - 4th overall draft pick - 8 goals

Flames trade what looks to be a lottery pick and two 2nd round picks for Hamonic - 1 goal 7 assists, turns 28 this summer.

Backlund signs 6 year $5.35 million average per year salary, turns 29 in March. Will be 35 when contract is ending - 10 goals 24 assists
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Backlund - 29 in March

519 games
104 goals
158 assists
262 points
6 year contract extension beginning next season $5.35 million per year

Sutter - 29 years old

633 games
124 goals
117 assists
241 points
5 year contract $4.375 million per. 3 years left on contract after this season, last two years modified to a 15 team trade list

For a $1 million more in Backlund over Sutter, Bubbles. You like it? Remember Sutter is 32 when his contract ends. Backlund is 35. Remember, Sutter is 30 when his modified portion of the contract kicks in
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

But Bubbles gives Treliving a mulligan. How's that 2014 - 4tb overall pick - Sam Bennett doing?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:04 am But you'll give Treliving a mulligan. How's that 2014 - 4tb overall pick - Sam Bennett doing?
Better than the klown selected at 6 in the same draft ?

How is Olli doing compared to Matthew ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:58 am Backlund - 29 in March

519 games
104 goals
158 assists
262 points

Sutter - 29 years old

633 games
124 goals
117 assists
241 points
5 year contract $4.375 million per. 3 years left on contract after this season, last two years modified to a 15 team trade list

For a $1 million more in Backlund over Sutter, Bubbles. You like it? Remember Sutter is 32 when his contract ends. Backlund is 35. Remember, Sutter is 30 when his modified portion of the contract kicks in
21 more points in 114 fewer games. Far superior offensive game and at best a saw off defensively for Sutter since Backlund has actually been in contention for a Selke. But... but face offs :lol:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

519 games
104 goals
158 assists
262 points

Sutter - 29 years old

633 games
124 goals
117 assists
241 points

Wow, I dunno, but this signing is almost making it look like....a good idea that JB locked in Sutter at 25 through his prime years?

And thank GOD we dodged the bullet on Bonino, who's a $4.1 mil 4th line center on pace for 27 points!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Far superior? Yeah K. So 29 year Backlund at $5.35 million per year for 6 years after this year - great contract! And 29 year old Sutter at $1 million less for 3 more years after this (last two years modified) - very bad contract!

Yeaaaah rrrrright
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol those prime 30 point seasons with his 30 hits and mentoring young players to play with grit and balls like his dad and uncles did.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:14 am

519 games
104 goals
158 assists
262 points

Sutter - 29 years old

633 games
124 goals
117 assists
241 points

Wow, I dunno, but this signing is almost making it look like....a good idea that JB locked in Sutter at 25 through his prime years?

And thank GOD we dodged the bullet on Bonino, who's a $4.1 mil 4th line center on pace for 27 points!
Ssshhh...,don't bring up Bonino. Let's keep that one hush hush
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:16 am Lol those prime 30 point seasons with his 30 hits and mentoring young players to play with grit and balls like his dad and uncles did.
For the record Bubbles likes 29 year old Backlund at $5.35 million for 6 years after this season and hates 29 year old Sutter for a $1 million less for 3 years after this season

Sensible
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:15 am Far superior? Yeah K. So 29 year Backlund at $5.35 million per year for 6 years after this year - great contract! And 29 year old Sutter at $1 million less for 3 more years after this (last two years modified) - very bad contract!

Yeaaaah rrrrright
You don’t think 40 points (over a career) is far superior to 30 points (over a career) ? Sutter has averaged 30 points in his last three years while Backlund is closer to 50 but hey they are almost the same offensively. Your math is right there with your reading skills. But at least you can spin a good yarn “ Bubbles loves Kris Russell” etc ,etc add in whatever garbage suits you.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:20 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:16 am Lol those prime 30 point seasons with his 30 hits and mentoring young players to play with grit and balls like his dad and uncles did.
For the record Bubbles likes 29 year old Backlund at $5.35 million for 6 years after this season and hates 29 year old Sutter for a $1 million less for 3 years after this season

Sensible
All I said was it was better than Sutters shitty deal and a year too long. But again you struggle with reading comprehension