From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Snap a Tommy Bahamas shirt on him and 8 ball up his snout and call him Nick Nolte
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Love these quotes from cow puke:

This season is one of the biggest calamities in Calgary Flames history.

No 1st.
No 2nd.
No 3rd.

No playoffs.

It takes a special organization to fail on almost every front all in one season.

The only way things get worse is if Gully doesn’t get fired.

And this:

Ownership is a joke

Front office is a joke.

Coaching is a joke.

Is it any wonder the on ice performance is ....[a joke].

I feel better about our season when I think of Calgary. They have been in denial since Lanny hoisted the Cup. At least we are all pretty much in agreement that our team sucks :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Must be lit af over there.
The Flames have relieved Glen Gulutzan, Dave Cameron and Paul Jerrard of their coaching duties.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

HW is laughing... :lol:
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

They are calling AV to be hired.

yet more Canuck sloppy seconds
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Maybe they will hire AV and give him Twitchy Moustache as an assistant.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So, the legend of Treliving has been resurrected. Seems his move today has restored his great architectural image(ination). This was a great move by him. He has relieved the pressure on himself, at least for now anyway.

Seems he thinks NHL experience is vital in the next hire. Sorry, what? What NHL experience did he have? But money will be no object in his next hire so there’s that.

Says he’s accountable for the players he’s brought in and not all the players hold themselves responsible for the results. Says they out chanced most teams, most games so why couldn’t they out score the opposition? Says big changes are coming and some of the core may be moved. With no high draft picks in the upcoming draft he’ll try to rectify that. Players that didn’t hold themselves accountable will be moved out.

I think he has a short window to right the ship.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:01 pm So, the legend of Treliving has been resurrected. Seems his move today has restored his great architectural image(ination). This was a great move by him. He has relieved the pressure on himself, at least for now anyway.

Seems he thinks NHL experience is vital in the next hire. Sorry, what? What NHL experience did he have? But money will be no object in his next hire so there’s that.

Says he’s accountable for the players he’s brought in and not all the players hold themselves responsible for the results. Says they out chanced most teams, most games so why couldn’t they out score the opposition? Says big changes are coming and some of the core may be moved. With no high draft picks in the upcoming draft he’ll try to rectify that. Players that didn’t hold themselves accountable will be moved out.

I think he has a short window to right the ship.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
sounds like a one year desperation rebuild on the fly.

Not for the teams sake, but for his job's sake.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya Tops. He’s on borrowed time. If he gets the right coach; if the team starts to score next season; if the passengers are minimized/moved out; if goaltending is more consistent; if their D shows depth beyond 2 players.....a lot of ifs.

I look at Calgary and no where do I see a contender, barely a playoff team. They are a long way away from being a top team. It’s not just a couple of players to make them better. Treliving still has hero status to most of the fans it seems but honestly his moves to me are very questionable. He jumped the gun on thinking the rebuild there was done.

They have some very good, solid pieces for sure but would be looking a lot better if they had some more draft picks. And their FA signings, well let’s just say they haven’t worked out so good.

And none of this says I think the Canucks are better. I just think the Canucks are better suited going forward.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Goaltending and defence are disasters. Has Burke been selecting them?

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:49 pm Goaltending and defence are disasters. Has Burke been selecting them?
Lol their defence is hardly a disaster. The current D or the ones on the way.

Goaltending is a mess and so is team speed.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

If the Canucks don't win the lottery, I want the Flames Islanders to win it.

Of course getting Dahlin probably means Tavares resigns as that gives them a true #1D moving forward, all they'll need is that goalie.

But the chaos that will arise next door will be entertainment at it's finest!

Okay, maybe they win 2nd overall :-P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bill Peters, who had an out clause in his contract that would have expired today, exercised his out clause and resigned from Carolina. One day after Calgary called to seek permission to talk to Peters about their coaching vacancy.

Smoke-fire?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:10 pm
Topper wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:49 pm Goaltending and defence are disasters. Has Burke been selecting them?
Lol their defence is hardly a disaster. The current D or the ones on the way.

Goaltending is a mess and so is team speed.
Are we surprised that Bubbles is defending the Flames and their defence? "Blame the goaltending!" Remember Blobbee loves Tkachuk (slow), Bennett (bust), Hamonic (not a stud), Backlund (he loves his new contract)

All year all you heard "the Flames defence is overrated" after the first pairing the Defence is atrocious. Hamonic is not the "stud" that blob likes to refer him as. The defence is slow and prodding, not a speedy, transition, fast puck moving defence that is so important in today's NHL. Giordano is an old man. The forward unit is very thin after 3 guys and like their D, not fast either.

Many problems with this team that go beyond "goaltending"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau