From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Rumsfeld »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:There are a good number of the Blackmores that wouldn't trade Ferkland for Drouin in the trades and rumours thread .

Once again thank you D'Arcy and Jiri .
:lol:

There are a small number of lumbering troglodytes 'round these parts who feel Hunter Shinkaruk would be a reasonable offer.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:There are a good number of the Blackmores that wouldn't trade Ferkland for Drouin in the trades and rumours thread .

Not completely their fault. In last season's playoffs Kelly Hrudey said the husky fucker was the next Clark Gillies. And if you can't trust Hrudey, who can you trust? After all, he lives in Calgary so he couldn't be wrong.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rumsfeld wrote:

:lol:

There are a small number of lumbering troglodytes 'round these parts who feel Hunter Shinkaruk would be a reasonable offer.
Wrong analogy there broski, the proper way to put that would be:

There are a small number of lumbering troglodytes 'round these parts who wouldn't trade Hunter Shinkaruk for Drouin, in which case you be wrong there rummy.

I recall you offering Hansen, Bo Horvat and a 2nd for Drouin, ya'll might get fired for that bruh.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Well that would be an overpayment, but it was an attempt to counter ridiculous offers like Hunter Shinkaruk.

And Horvat was mired in a 25-game goalless streak at the time, and looking terrible at both ends of the ice.

And quite frankly dude, you really shouldn't ever call out other posters for bad trade proposals.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The biggest difference between Horvat and Drouin.

Bo is an NHL player.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Topper wrote:The biggest difference between Horvat and Drouin.

Bo is an NHL player.
:lol: Sure guy, and there aren't any extenuating circumstances keeping Drouin off the Lightning right now. Pretty sure he's already got more PPG than Bo.

Let's revisit this post next year and see if Drouin is an NHL player or not.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Topper wrote:The biggest difference between Horvat and Drouin.

Bo is an NHL player.
:lol: Sure guy, and there aren't any extenuating circumstances keeping Drouin off the Lightning right now. Pretty sure he's already got more PPG than Bo.

Let's revisit this post next year and see if Drouin is an NHL player or not.
Actually they are tied with 3 PPG each. And consider the amount of time that they both received on the PP up until recently, and also the calibre of players they have been lined up with.

And.....if you mean points per game, then Drouin has a slight edge. 0.45 to 0.40. Same argument applies, Horvat gets it done with Baertischi and Radim "I don't give a shit" Vrbata, while Drouin has guys like Kucherov, Palat, Stamkos, Johnson, Killorn, to skate with.

Then we can dig into defensive zone starts etc if you want..... :P

Not for a minute do I think Horvat has the same kind of offensive skill that Drouin has, but I won't be surprised to see Horvat become a much bigger piece of the Canucks than Drouin will ever become on any team. Head cases tend to disappear in the playoffs too.....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mr perfect wrote:

Not completely their fault. In last season's playoffs Kelly Hrudey said the husky fucker was the next Clark Gillies. And if you can't trust Hrudey, who can you trust? After all, he lives in Calgary so he couldn't be wrong.
That's pretty funny . I think Ferland can be a decent bottom six guy but he isn't a future stud power forward .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Flames scratch Johhny hockey, Moneyhands and Bouma for disciplinary reasons. I think they just want to tank and since the leaves made the trade Hartley had to give the flames a chance to lose.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 20766.html

Conduct detrimental to the team. Wonder what they did. Trade them now, locker room cancers :mrgreen:

Superbowl partying too hard, too hungover sick afterwards.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Flames scratch Johhny hockey, Moneyhands and Bouma for disciplinary reasons. I think they just want to tank and since the leaves made the trade Hartley had to give the flames a chance to lose.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 20766.html

Conduct detrimental to the team. Wonder what they did. Trade them now, locker room cancers :mrgreen:

Superbowl partying too hard, too hungover sick afterwards.
Pfffft, the Sedins do that all the time. Flames are all about character, not a visor or a diver in the bunch.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL the mongtards are at it again. Shitting all over Vancouvers prospects which admittedly are probably about 20th in the league or therabouts.Thing is Calgarys aren't likely any better which is brutal considering their team has been hot garbage for most of the last decade. Yes they have a few young guys up front that I think are going to be good but that prospect pipeline is pretty crappy for picking that high for that long .

Again B'ingo and Jiri deserve props for giving so many mouth breathing mongoloids a place to gather and entertain us.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL the mongtards are at it again. Shitting all over Vancouvers prospects which admittedly are probably about 20th in the league or therabouts.Thing is Calgarys aren't likely any better which is brutal considering their team has been hot garbage for most of the last decade. Yes they have a few young guys up front that I think are going to be good but that prospect pipeline is pretty crappy for picking that high for that long .

Again B'ingo and Jiri deserve props for giving so many mouth breathing mongoloids a place to gather and entertain us.
Players in system age 23 or less going into next season who are or are likely to become solid NHLers...

Calgary: Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett, Hamilton.

Vancouver: Horvat, Baer, McCann, Virt, Gaunce, Granlund, Tree, Hutton, Pedan, Subban, Cassels, Demko, Boeser.

True Flames have some higher ceiling guys, but they'll be paying them as such.

- Gaudreau (23) and Monahan might command as high as $8m X 8 each this summer.

(Hamilton is already overpaid at 5.75M per until 2021 imo)

The Calgary Flames will suck forever and ever amen...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Holy Crap!
8 for 8 already?
doubt it
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Subban and Cassels as solid NHLers is a stretch
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:Holy Crap!
8 for 8 already?
doubt it
$7M X 8?

Come October, Monahan is 22, Johnny is 23.
____
Try to focus on someday.