From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:04 am Bonino - 8 goals 9 assists but that's OK, Nashville is paying for Bonino's cup ring from Pittsburgh
So he's still putting up similar numbers to Sutter (Bonino .37ppg, Sutter .35ppg) while being less expensive? You're not helping your case here.

The Penguins got rid of Sutter because they (wisely) didn't want to pay him what the Canucks wound up paying him. They got a better offensive player, on a $1.8M cap hit for multiple seasons, saved enough money to add some depth (Fehr) and went out and won back to back cups. When time came to pay Bonino, they simply walked away. Excellent asset management.

If Benning had a re-do, I bet he would flip Bonino for picks/prospects to a team close to the cap. That contract was one of the best in the NHL and we failed to do anything to leverage that fact. Benning seems to learn from his mistakes, while you refuse to acknowledge he's made any.
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:20 am
Take a snippet of ones career (last 3 seasons) and compare "Point Totals Per 82 Game Season" to another. Whats note noted over these last 3 season comparibles - one player - Backlund - played 221 games, the other payer - Sutter - played 138 games. Agenda
So not only is Backlund the more talented hockey player, but he's also more durable.

:lol: take a break Dude, you're getting pounded here.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:08 am
Cornuck wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:05 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:59 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:23 am Oh I forgot did I say I liked the Bonino contract ?

Feel free to produce any evidence
Crickets......
Dude's waiting for Doc to wake up and start archive machine! :D
Tag-team posting at it's best. ;)
He needs someone to help him out. I was going to suggest an English and math teacher.
I'm posting from my tiny phone with a big thumb, I could care less about spelling. Math is spot on
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:22 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:20 am
Take a snippet of ones career (last 3 seasons) and compare "Point Totals Per 82 Game Season" to another. Whats note noted over these last 3 season comparibles - one player - Backlund - played 221 games, the other payer - Sutter - played 138 games. Agenda
So not only is Backlund the more talented hockey player, but he's also more durable.

:lol: take a break Dude, you're getting pounded here.
Try to stay on topic, discussing Bubbles number crunching skewed to his agenda. Durability I will give you that, Nuckles
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:20 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:04 am Bonino - 8 goals 9 assists but that's OK, Nashville is paying for Bonino's cup ring from Pittsburgh
So he's still putting up similar numbers to Sutter (Bonino .37ppg, Sutter .35ppg) while being less expensive? You're not helping your case here.

The Penguins got rid of Sutter because they (wisely) didn't want to pay him what the Canucks wound up paying him. They got a better offensive player, on a $1.8M cap hit for multiple seasons, saved enough money to add some depth (Fehr) and went out and won back to back cups. When time came to pay Bonino, they simply walked away. Excellent asset management.

If Benning had a re-do, I bet he would flip Bonino for picks/prospects to a team close to the cap. That contract was one of the best in the NHL and we failed to do anything to leverage that fact. Benning seems to learn from his mistakes, while you refuse to acknowledge he's made any.
$235,000 less expensive on yearly salary? Agenda at its finest folks - called labelling similar numbers as being MILES apart. MILES!

Bonino the reason the Penguins won the cup? So no Bonino No Cup? Is that your basis for the Penguins amazing asset Mgmt of Bonino is they won the cup because of him? If so, one would think due to his value for the winning the cup for them they would have resigned him instead of lose him for nothing

Agenda much? Nuckles idea of "multiple seasons" is two seasons. Bonino says hi from the 4th line in Nashville making $4.1 million per. Sutter says hi from Vancouver, Lockwood says hi from the prospect pool
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lol at Randall Tex Cobb. I feel like Larry Holmes. I ain’t talking about your spelling. It’s your reading skills that are frighteningly horrific. And if you can’t see that Backlund blows away Sutter in ppg over their careers and even more so over the past three years I don’t know what to say. You’ve been obliterated in this thread. Throw in the blood covered towel already.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles Agenda McKenzie - "Backlund BLOWS away Sutters Point Totals". That's right folks - "Blows Away!" Agenda much? One would think when saying "blows away" he is comparing Crosbys point totals to Troy Brouwers 3 goals and 12 assists

Backlund - 262 point
Sutter - 241 points

Sutter - 124 goals
Backlund - 104 goals

Sutter - 633 games
Backlund - 519 games

29 year old Backlund contract extension starting next season paying him $5.35 million per year until 35 years of age

29 year old Sutter 3 years left on contract starting next season paying him $1 million less than Backlund - $4.35 million per year. He will be 32 when contract ends, 30 when modified terms kick in

Sutter $1 million less per year than Backlund is apparently according to the agenda crew bad for us but excellent for Treliving. Remember, the Flames will be paying him $5.35 million when he is 35 years old

That being said getting the much much much better 8 years younger Bo Horvat at only $150,000 more per year than fucking Backland is a brilliant fucking contract! Well done JimBro Benning!
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sutter career average of 31 points per 82 games.
Sutter over the last three years 33 points per 82 games.

Backlund career average of 41 points per 82 games
Backlund over the last three years 50 points per 82 games. But in the Dudes booze fueled coked up world there is no difference in their stats and I have an agenda.

Backlund 4th in Selke voting. Sutter ??? But.....but face offs.

For the record and hopefully Dud can blow the cocaine out of his nose and actually read this: I didn’t say Backlund’s contract was excellent. EVER. I just said it was better than Sutter’s.

You’ve made a spectacle of yourself. People won’t forget how you’ve acted up
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol comparing RFA to potential UFA regarding bargaining power. Fuck you cant even make this shit up. You’ve been absolutely destroyed in this thread :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

From the 2015-16 season to now Backlund has played 221 games

From the 2015-16 season to now Sutter has played 138 games

Last 3 seasons

Backlund has played 83 more games

Backlund 221 games - 134 points
Sutter 138 games - 56 points

Miles Apart!

Might explain the $1 million more than Sutter that Backlund is getting. But Backlunds contract? Excellent. Sutters contract? Awful

The Agenda rages
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 pm Lol comparing RFA to potential UFA regarding bargaining power. Fuck you cant even make this shit up. You’ve been absolutely destroyed in this thread :lol:
But Sutter becoming a UFA when extended don't matter, just Backlund?

Agenda much?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

PPG please learn to read.

And NOBODY said Backlunds deal was excellent. Only you.

You’ve been exposed and you’ve been destroyed

Again
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:19 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 pm Lol comparing RFA to potential UFA regarding bargaining power. Fuck you cant even make this shit up. You’ve been absolutely destroyed in this thread :lol:

Agenda much?
You brought up Bo Horvat and his contract .... seriously I have no time for this. It’s usually fun smacking you around but this is fucked. Pure troll job on your part. Bravo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:21 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Agenda much?
You brought up Bo Horvat and his contract .... seriously I have no time for this. It’s usually fun smacking you around but this is fucked. Pure troll job on your part. Bravo
Twister McKenzie at his finest
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:20 pm
And NOBODY said Backlunds deal was excellent. Only you.
More classic Twister McKenzie