Hansen goes to Arbitration

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hamhuis'Hip
AHL Prospect

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Hamhuis'Hip »

rats19 wrote:so you agree to maybe 20...but i am out to lunch on 25.....tad harsh methinks..I say career high 25..no..no wait...I say 25 in the next 3yrs...may score more after this contract..unsure at this time.
Tad harsh... OK I'll give you that as we are only talking 5 goals here. But let me clarify my 20g career high thought... if given a better opportunity, such as 2nd line ice-time, I think Hansen could score 20g. Just don't think he is going to get 2nd line ice-time in VAN.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

If (and it's a big if) Hansen ever finds some hands, he'd be dangerous. Sames goes for RayMay.

All that speed and no finish... Frustrating as hell. But there's hope, right?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hamhuis'Hip
AHL Prospect

Post by Hamhuis'Hip »

Just posted to twitter...
@reporterchris
Chris Johnston
Jannik Hansen gets $4.05 million from #canucks over three years: $1.6M next season followed by $1.35M and $1.1 M.
Wow, if true way better financial terms than what was reported by Team 1040.
Last edited by Hamhuis'Hip on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hamhuis'Hip wrote:
rats19 wrote:so you agree to maybe 20...but i am out to lunch on 25.....tad harsh methinks..I say career high 25..no..no wait...I say 25 in the next 3yrs...may score more after this contract..unsure at this time.
Tad harsh... OK I'll give you that as we are only talking 5 goals here. But let me clarify my 20g career high thought... if given a better opportunity, such as 2nd line ice-time, I think Hansen could score 20g. Just don't think he is going to get 2nd line ice-time in VAN.
ok...waaaay better...hahaha only an injury away from fulfilling my hopes..predictions..

dont know the stats but I dont think there are many 20g 3rd liners....because the minute they can..they are 2nd liners...

Here is my ACTUAL YH 3yr prediction...

1st yrs(next season) 16g 30a
2nd (if there is one) 22g 38a

3rd- 25g 40a

there I have said it....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hamhuis'Hip
AHL Prospect

Post by Hamhuis'Hip »

rats19 wrote:
Hamhuis'Hip wrote:
ok...waaaay better...hahaha only an injury away from fulfilling my hopes..predictions..

dont know the stats but I dont think there are many 20g 3rd liners....because the minute they can..they are 2nd liners...

Here is my ACTUAL YH 3yr prediction...

1st yrs(next season) 16g 30a
2nd (if there is one) 22g 38a

3rd- 25g 40a

there I have said it....
I give you credit for putting it out there. :)
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

on the other hand HH sometimes I am just an idiot who thinks with his heart on his sleeve and argues for the sake of....:)

more of a dream prediction...
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

rats19 wrote:on the other hand HH sometimes I am just an idiot who thinks with his heart on his sleeve and argues for the sake of....:)

I might put your prediction in my signature. :mrgreen:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Corb wrote:
rats19 wrote:on the other hand HH sometimes I am just an idiot who thinks with his heart on his sleeve and argues for the sake of....:)

I might put your prediction in my signature. :mrgreen:
do it till april of 2013/14...lofl... or however long it takes to have the prediction mature....(to be fair)

pics or it didnt happen :mex:
spooner
CC Veteran

Post by spooner »

1.35 AAV over 3 years is a great deal in my opinion. I think right now he is perfectly suited to the 3rd line but I also see some significant potential upside. Like others have said if he earns a long-term spot on the second line then 20-goals is not unreasonable at all.

Good deal with the potential of becoming a really good deal.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

rats19 wrote:
do it till april of 2013/14...lofl... or however long it takes to have the prediction mature....(to be fair)

pics or it didnt happen :mex:
I'm waiting for a similarly bold prediction in the Winchester thread :mrgreen:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Awesome signing! I feel like the reason the club took such a big step last year was the consistent play of the 3rd line doing what a 3rd line should be doing while chipping in the odd goal here and there (no offense to the yeoman's work that Wellfed did :roll: ).

Despite the injuries and inconsistencies of his linemates, Helly Hansen was the one constant there all year. He really has accepted how a bottom 6 player needs to play and upped his game accordingly. Of course the play of Lappy to fill in kept the 3rd line from slipping much, if at all. Hopefully there will be a replacement for Raffi and Manny comes back as close to 100% as possible.
ESQ wrote:
All of the Canucks players and coaches agree that Hansen scores the prettiest goals in practice, so maybe there is some upside ther :P

At least we kept him out of the clutches of our rivals, with his ability to pick apart Luongo he'd be the ultimate Canuck Killer.
Well, I'm sure in practice Ballard and Hamhuis didn't try to hip-check him into the second row, or Raffi didn't try to knock him into the future so... if he can display some of that talent playing the 3rd line without the benefit of moving up or any powerplay time AND can still score 15 goals, he is the greatest Danish-born NHLer ever!

So maybe Luongo is not actually haunted by the Buttfuglyalien, but by his helium-voiced teammate, Tintin Hansen?
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

spooner wrote:1.35 AAV over 3 years is a great deal in my opinion.
Agreed. You expect a lower cap hit in return for a longer contract, but this is great for the club. The fact that he went to arbitration two years in a row didn't make the odds of a longer contract look too good.

The difference between 19G/yr (Korpikoski) and 9G looks like about .5M$/yr.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Great signing.

I am glad we have him.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I think that "longer contract equals lower cap hit" bit only really works at the extremes.

In this case, a longer contract means that Hansen is giving up a year of unrestricted free agency, in which he could without any doubt make up the difference between what he'd earn on a two year deal and this $4.05m deal.