Rypper goes to the 'Peg.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Rypper goes to the 'Peg.

Post by Cornuck »

What. The. Fuck?

Winnipeg signs him for 700k? Did we really want to get rid or him, or did he want to join Glass?

Who's left on our roster to push back?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Rypper goes to the 'Peg.

Post by woodhog »

Cornuck wrote:What. The. Fuck?

Winnipeg signs him for 700k? Did we really want to get rid or him, or did he want to join Glass?

Who's left on our roster to push back?

Nobody. That's who.

MG had better have something up his sleeve to bring some toughness to this team. We are FAR softer now that we've lost Torres, Glass and Rypien.
The PP took a hit too with the loss of Ehrhoff.
So far, we've taken a HUGE step backwards while most other teams in the west have improved and/or toughened up.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

This was not our time....waste of cap space... rfa & trades thats where is will happen...

I hope..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

There really wasn't much out there, that was a good fit for us. Yes Gagne, might have been good.

Sturm is a renter...plain and simple till Raymond gets back.

Gillis got us here have a little faith. The team is fine for regular season, just need to beef up for the playoffs. Right now, that's a long time off. Time to put hockey on the back burner, and go out have some beers in the sun.

Not much will happen now, till the season starts.

Have a good summer all.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Omfg, how the fuck did Gillis let this happen?!?!? This completely blows. The one guy I was counting on for a push back against punks like Marchand....we might as well sign Beranek & Oksuita to round out our forwards now. Unless his "issues" are a negative in the room I can see no reason this happened. I didn't even know he was an UFA.

Super sigh.

I'm done, see y'all in October. Out.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

On another note related to grit/toughness, MG said he saw Sturm as a suitable replacement for Torres.
"We tried to retain Torres and we feel strongly that Sturm can step into that role and play as a third-liner and maybe the second line," said Gillis.
WTF? :?
Perhaps Sturm's suitable to replace his points (IF he stays healthy) but Raffi brought a lot more than just points, as we all know very well. There's no f'n way Sturm can come close to bring what Torres brought as a BIG time hitter. :(

I guess MG was trying to justify the fact that he didn't improve the team on day one of free agency. There's a lot of time left for him to make some more deals to bring the "compete level" up. We seriously need more sandpaper. Another decent D-man would be nice for some more depth too.

I, for one, am going to miss the Rypper, despite the fact that he missed most of last year. Like Clam, I hoped he would be able to make a comeback with us and be part of the physical deterent we'll need. Especially come playoff time.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I hope MG has something up his sleeve, this team right now looks like Pee Wee Herman in a biker bar!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Other than in your hearts, none of Torres, Glass or Rypien will be missed.

Torres was a plug who could not control his emotions and played without discipline.

Glass could not make the fourth line on a regular basis, could loose a fight to anyone, could not defend and had no hands.

Rypien could stir the pot with a timely fight, if he wasn't dealing with his personal demons. I'm thinking the guy spent more time on leave for personal reasons than Salo spent on the IR.

The fourth line was a disaster much of the season. I do not lament the changes.

Yes, Ward would have been nice. Upshall would have been terrific, but it takes two to tango. July 1 has become a day of silliness considering the 9 year deals handed out to third liners.

Gillis swung the Higgins and LaPierre deals quietly through the trade deadline and I trust he and his staff have their targets. set. As the season nears, the guys we are looking for will become cheaper as the alternative becomes less money in Europe.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Toppy, I’ve personally been screaming for more bleepholishness on your Vancouver Canucks for 5 years now. As have you, and others. But, dammit, it’s just NOT happening! Yes, it’s early summer yet, but FIVE YEARS!!

Yep, DEFINITELY should’ve hired Clarkie over Gillis! Ole Clarkie knows the importance of bleepholishness in the playoffs...

:look:

Okay, I may have lost some of you by bringing up Clarkie and slagging GM-of-the-Year Award-winning Mike CUPLESS Gillis.

So forget that.

But remember this: Bleepholed right out of your Stanley Cup playoffs by Anaheim in 06-07. Missed playoffs in 07-08 (due to lack of bleepholishness). Outbleepholed by Chicago in 08-09. Ditto 09-10. Outbleepholed by Boston in 10-11.

Each and every one of those seasons left most Nuckers yearning for more bleepholes!

And yet: NOT HAPPENING

I want more Top 6 & Top 4 bleepholishness and I want it right bleeping NOW, bleep it! :evil:

BLEEPITY BLEEP BLEEP!! :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I don't understand why Glass and Ripper wint to the Peg. like hell... did they forget there is No direct flights from saskatchewan to winnipeg??

In all seriousness, I think Ripper brought the fear factor to pests. a little guy who would go toe to toe with anyone, and he rarely lost.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Without knowing wtf was going on with Rypien I'll sit this one out! There were clearly some serious issues going on with Rypien. He missed the better part of two seasons because of it. So he's gone and I'm ok with that!

Totally agree with Doc and the assholeness this team needs!

We're too damn soft! :crazy:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I think MG some times gets stuborn. When I heard him say that he intended to make additions keeping in mind league rules it kind a rang a bell with me. It's like he's sticking it to the league with going softer and less muscle and daring them not to make the calls in the future. Hard to find a tougher player than Rypien at that money. If MG is depending on the refs for intervention then he's smoking some thing because as we know Marchand or who ever will be using Sedins head as a punch bag in the play-offs and there will be no call. Gillis you right be right in theory but in practise come th play-offs it all goes out the window
cheers
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Fred wrote:I think MG some times gets stuborn. When I heard him say that he intended to make additions keeping in mind league rules it kind a rang a bell with me. It's like he's sticking it to the league with going softer and less muscle and daring them not to make the calls in the future. Hard to find a tougher player than Rypien at that money. If MG is depending on the refs for intervention then he's smoking some thing because as we know Marchand or who ever will be using Sedins head as a punch bag in the play-offs and there will be no call. Gillis you right be right in theory but in practise come th play-offs it all goes out the window
Maybe Rome moves to the wing for the playoffs?? :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

What happened to andrew peters? A legit hw..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:What happened to andrew peters? A legit hw..
Loaned to Rochester, broke curfew, kicked from the team, Moose wouldn't take him, Vancouver and Peters agreed upon a contract release, gone from the game.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.