trades, worthy of chat!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

trades, worthy of chat!

Post by rats19 »

Regyre to buffalo
Setaguchi to minny
Smyth
Brule
Carter
Richards
Campbell
Etc.......

Is the above partial list more about cap dumping by the teams trading?

Rat
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: trades, worthy of chat!

Post by woodhog »

Obviously Carter, Richards was to make cap room for the goalie signing, although there are rumours of problems in the room and party-boy (see SOB) issues too.

Smyth - Brule is off the table because of an injury to Brule.

Setaguchi was a surprize ... just days after signing a brand new contract.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Funny..up front none of them make you go..ahh nice...they all have an air of ..Wtf to them..
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

How much better are the kings now?
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Anyone still boggled by this whole Setoguchi trade? Did something happen to make Wilson trade the guy? IMO the kid is a keeper.

Thoughts?
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Heavy up front..a hole in the backend..a first for a second and coyle..

I think san Jose just got better, minny got more offence but created a hole in the backend.

All this one day after signing setoguchi..
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Devon is on the Cheechoo train. How many wingers did well alongside our twins and how many goals could a fire hydrant score during the oil patches hay day?

The Sharks need defence (and goaltending, but that is a different matter) and Devon's contract made him an expendable trading chip.

Not much different than the rumoured deal Burke bitterly and vengefully broke to the media that Gillis tried to swing a couple of years ago, Burrows-Bieksa for the right to draft Headman.

What is interesting is how the players are taking the news. Word is, both Setoguchi and Carter are not at all happy with the deals. Too damn bad kids. Suck it up. The BJ's will have someone to skate with Nash and should draw more metropolitan fans and Devon may be the new prince in the twin cities.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Topper wrote:Devon is on the Cheechoo train. How many wingers did well alongside our twins and how many goals could a
What is interesting is how the players are taking the news. Word is, both Setoguchi and Carter are not at all happy with the deals. Too damn bad kids. Suck it up. The BJ's will have someone to skate with Nash and should draw more metropolitan fans and Devon may be the new prince in the twin cities.
Hi Topper, how's the truck?

While I agree, who cares what Setoguchi thinks... I completely understand where Carter is coming from. He took a home town discount to stay in Philly for life. He showed loyalty and he took it up the hoop. At the end of the day it will likely work out fine. But the day he gets traded he’s got to be thinking fuck me, Columbus for the majority of my career! At a discount none the less….

Philly fucked him for sure! :wink:

Richards is in the same boat but at least he landed in sunny California!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Must really suck to play the game you love...for millions...in a place you don't know if you will like:poor guys :evil:
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

rats19 wrote:Must really suck to play the game you love...for millions...in a place you don't know if you will like:poor guys :evil:
I hear what you’re saying... ridicules isn’t it! But this is their reality and Carter did agree to an 11 year deal only to get traded 7 months later. He left millions on the table (potentially, up for debate I guess) and then got shown the door to a none traditional hockey market. A market that has reportedly been losing 15 to 20 million dollars a season before they added Jeff’s 5 plus salary! The Blue Jackets could end up playing in Kansas City four years from now. I know their rich and it seems silly to us but being rich doesn’t mean you can't be pissed off when someone fucks you!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I suppose a bootfuck is just that regardless of the situation....but because of the aforesaid ...get over it quickly and do so fairly quietly..
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

LotusBlossom wrote:Anyone still boggled by this whole Setoguchi trade? Did something happen to make Wilson trade the guy? IMO the kid is a keeper.

Thoughts?
He didn't show up in the playoffs against the Canucks plus we dominated their inadequate defence. Adding Burns certainly makes it tougher for the Twins to play against them. Thats the only team they didn't have trouble against in the playoffs and the not coincidentally the only team w/o solid shutdown defencemen.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

ODB wrote:
rats19 wrote:Must really suck to play the game you love...for millions...in a place you don't know if you will like:poor guys :evil:
I hear what you’re saying... ridicules isn’t it! But this is their reality and Carter did agree to an 11 year deal only to get traded 7 months later. He left millions on the table (potentially, up for debate I guess) and then got shown the door to a none traditional hockey market. A market that has reportedly been losing 15 to 20 million dollars a season before they added Jeff’s 5 plus salary! The Blue Jackets could end up playing in Kansas City four years from now. I know their rich and it seems silly to us but being rich doesn’t mean you can't be pissed off when someone fucks you!

Carter will look good in Quebec City before too long.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

There's some rumours that MG was kicking the tires in getting Shea Weber at the draft. Sounds like the asking price is Edler, Hodgson or Tanev, and pick. I dunno about giving up Edler.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:There's some rumours that MG was kicking the tires in getting Shea Weber at the draft. Sounds like the asking price is Edler, Hodgson or Tanev, and pick. I dunno about giving up Edler.
Done deal if I'm the GM. Weber is all world.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: