Daniel Guarantees Game 7

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Daniel Guarantees Game 7

Post by Cornuck »

""It's enough with the blaming and all that. We lose as a team and win as a team and we're going to win Game 7." Daniel said emphatically after the Canucks dropped a 5-2 decision to the Boston Bruins in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final on Monday night.

LINK

Maybe Marchand woke him up?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Puck
MVP
MVP

Re: Daniel Guarantees Game 7

Post by Puck »

Not sure I like this... seems to be taunting the Gods, et al. But then again, that's all superstitious nonsense. I believe the Sedins and the Canucks have great confidence in themselves. More so than we the fans.

I only hope they haven't run out of lives.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

What really worries me is are they really confident now? When they look around the dressing room and see such a depleted and banged up lineup what does it do to their confidence? Well they were very good game five, so they need to see Raymond out and still feel the same way.

Fingerscrossed.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Why are the fans so negative? They battled Chicago, Nashville, San Jose and Boston in Game 5 and everyone seems to have given up on them...grow some fucking balls you lot and keep faith, it's one game now, can go either way yeah but why not the Canucks I say...

Hell yeah!!! :rockin: :wave: :sly:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cajanek_Dvacetsest
AHL Prospect

Post by Cajanek_Dvacetsest »

Maybe if he scores a point or 2 in this game. He seems to be doing his best Lebron James impersonation. Chicago takes out Detroit, Vancouver takes out Chicago and then San Jose only to lose the Stanley Cup to Boston. Home team has won all 6 so far with Defense in Van. and Offense in Boston. Will the trends continue for game 7? What a postseason for a Blues fan so far. Now about Boston and 69/70 we will have to wait.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I don't like Daniel's comment either, but I agree with Arachnid.

Tomorrow is 1994, The Olympic Gold Medal Game, and the Game 7 of the Chicago series all combined.

The Bruins may have owned the Canucks at TD Garden..........but the only relevant score to consider is the fact that the series is 3-3.

It's a once in a life time opportunity. As fans, we should be focused, but we should also be appreciative.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Robert wrote:What really worries me is are they really confident now? When they look around the dressing room and see such a depleted and banged up lineup what does it do to their confidence? Well they were very good game five, so they need to see Raymond out and still feel the same way.

Fingerscrossed.
The Canucks will be confident. They are professionals......and it's the last game of the season.

As much as the Bruins have owned the Canucks at TD Garden, the Canucks have managed to shut Boston out twice at Rogers arena.

It's anybody's game tomorrow. The only relevant score in this series, is the fact that the series is tied 3-3.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Stand up if you still Believe
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Bringthecuptoboston wrote:Never good to guarantee anything - Curse of the Canuck .
No it's not. We've never guaranteed anything. Other players have done so in the past (including your very own Tim Thomas this year) with varying degrees of success. It's really quite meaningless now.
juggerknot
CC Rookie

Post by juggerknot »

All a reporter needs to do to create a "guarantee" story is to ask a player what will happen in the big game. Doesn't matter whether it's Daniel Sedin, Tim Thomas, or whoever. What do we expect them to say? "Well, we're going to come out and give it our best shot, but hey, maybe we play our best and still lose. Sometimes you get a bad break; a weird bounce; and you lose a game you should have won. But, I mean, getting here is pretty good, right?"

It's not like he called a press conference and booked a 30-minute TV special to announce a guarantee and set out a refund plan in the event of loss. Manufactured story, 100%.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I like it. When you've been humbled like the Canucks have been on the road in Boston, you have to come home optomistic. Be confident in the team that you rode with to get to this point. Walk out with your head high, clench your teeth and grip your stick. It's game time. Thomas did it for their game 7 against Tampa, why can't Daniel?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Means nothing to me. Would mean more if the Twins had some points this series. Oh well, one more game to make a splash.
Howe9
CC Rookie

Post by Howe9 »

Bringthecuptoboston wrote:Funny how the Vancouver drama queens never quit - well the B's will
lay it all out on the ice tonight and bring it home. Finally shut up you cocky
Canucks fans . The cup belongs to best city on earth - Boston !
Best city on earth? not a chance we all know that belongs to Mexico City
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:Means nothing to me. Would mean more if the Twins had some points this series.
Bingo!
The team "leaders" failed to lead us to the promised land once again.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Arachnid wrote:
woodhog wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:Means nothing to me. Would mean more if the Twins had some points this series.
Bingo!
The team "leaders" failed to lead us to the promised land once again.
Bang on! It was NOT Luuuuuuuuuu that let us down, it was the offence the much ballhooooed offence that guaranteed us a victory (hello the invisible Thelma)... fuck AV and his anti Cody stance anti-Ballard stance, fuck him...
Oh, don't get me wrong.
I count Luuuuuu as one of the "leaders" that DID let us down. Didn't you see any of the games in Boston? If he doesn't shit the bed in JUST ONE GAME in Boston ..... we WIN THE CUP. He's our highest paid player and supposed "#1 goalie.
Thomas beat the piss out of Luuuuuuu in the Finals.

He didn't shut the door in game 7 either. I'm not saying it was ALL his fault but a good portion of the fault lies with him.

You really, truely think that Cody and/or Ballard would have made enough of a difference to change the outcome?
Give yer head a shake.