Get #16 (Trev) to lead the Charge for Win #16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Get #16 (Trev) to lead the Charge for Win #16

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

OK, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but with the series coming back home for game #7, it is time. The Bruins got Cam Neely and Booby Orr to make an appearance during the opening ceremonies of the games in Boston, I think it's time for Vancouver to take a page out of their play book and get #16 (Trevor) to come out and wave a flag or something just after the anthem to get the fans and players pumped. Get #16 to come out and lead the charge for win#16!

If u like this idea, please check out my Facebook page and like it. =)
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pag ... 5901625319
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Get #16 (Trev) to lead the Charge for Win #16

Post by ClamRussel »

Amen brother!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

hmmmm,

In theory this sounds good. The problem I have is that we will be seen as just copying Boston and I'm not into that. One thing I love about hockey in Vancouver is that we are original.

Towel power, Dave Williams riding his hockey stick, the fans singing the anthem (I think). The 'flying V' jersey.

We have enough inspiration already........................It's been long enough

:towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

As much as I would love to see Linden, I thnk Lifer is right. This is game 7, you shouldn't need anything to be jacked for this game.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

How about the ghost of Cyclone Taylor?!

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Not to mention that, as much as we love Trev, he lost his game seven. Amazing personal performance, but he lost.
West Coast Jets Fan
CC Veteran

Post by West Coast Jets Fan »

Well, as #16 is retired, the next available number is.........

Kesler puts the team on his injured back and wills us to a Game 7 win.
1972-1996

3 Avco Cups
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

They need a power-play goal early and they need to be threatening Thomas from the point. They need to get through that wall of shot-blockers. If they can do that, we should be good. Trouble is - it's a single game and something stupid could happen like the divine intervention pass to Bieksa off the glass - they are going to have to do better than 1 or 2 goals.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

At least the offense (sort of) came to life last game. How many posts/missed open nets did they have? They easily could have had another goal on Thomas. He's beatable. Now they just need to prove it.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rockalt wrote:At least the offense (sort of) came to life last game. How many posts/missed open nets did they have? They easily could have had another goal on Thomas. He's beatable. Now they just need to prove it.
Oh MANNNNN! That was killing me watching all of those missed opportunities! :crazy:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

You could certainly say the 'Nucks are due for an offensive breakout.

Go Canucks Go!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I think u guys are missing the point. Yes, the players should have the motivation to play the games of their lives without any incentives. But think how the fans will react when they see Trevor out there waving a flag? They will go nuts! This in turn will get the players jacked. There is a reason why home ice is an advantage, when the players feel the fans behind them, they play that extra harder to win it for the home town and not let the fans down. Think how the bruins will feel with the fans going bananas, it's got to play on their nerves being under the microscope and jittery nerves will lead to mistakes. Let's face it, our boyz didn't exactly play great in game #6, we worked hard all year to have this game on home ice, why not throw out all the bells and whistles to support/motivate our guys to have the game of their lives? We cannot afford to lose this game and think what if? We cannot afford to leave any rocks unturned. The fans are the 6th skater out there, let's use it to our advantage.

I posted this idea on canucks.com too and most ppl thought it was a good idea. One guy said it'd be kewl to have the whole 94 team there for the opening ceremonies. I think it'd be a great idea to bring out all the local 94 team like Courts, Babych, Cliffy, Cpt Kirk and of course Trev. Let them stand in the middle, one guy comes out with the flag, then passes it to the next guy, each guys holds it and waves it around for like 7 seconds, then the last guy will be of course Trevor. :) He holds it for a little longer, waves it around for like 15 secs, then he passes it to the little kid, the kid skates a lap around the rink, then he goes to the middle and twirls around while the Canucks come skating out. WoW! That would be one hell of a pregame opening cermony! U know the fans would go bonkers!

This opening ceremony has a subliminal msg too. The 94 team would be almost saying without words: we were in the same position as u in game 7 of a Stanley Cup final, we were so close to winning it, but we fell short, but it is now your turn.... finish the job that we started... win it for Vancouver!!!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

The players layed an egg tonight. Anything would have been welcomed by this real Canucks fan