More Hate from the east.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

More Hate from the east.

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

Live in Calgary, and this was posted from a "Flamer". I find the timing of the story the most suspect, right after a 8-1 loss, now the Nucks are the enemy, LOL.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... le2050961/
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: More Hate from the east.

Post by Cornuck »

Just read that one - classic!

Let them hate us, I don't care. Neither does the team, apparently. Maybe we can get the entire Original 6 to hate us if we keep this up.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

But he covers the Canucks for the globe. I believe he has been following and writing about the team for this season if not more.
Last edited by Kel on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I found another gem of brilliant journalism out of Chicago, hahaha.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2011 ... 706079781/

What's up with the people spreading all this bullshit propaganda like 75 years ago. Unbelievable and totally ridiculous...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

whats the big deal?!?

hate 'em back.

Works for me.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

I'm a bit confused. Are you guys complaining about the journalist or the response to the article?

I figured most people here would be familiar with Matt Sekeres but perhaps I'm just used to him because I listen to the Team 1040 podcasts religiously now (it's my only media connection to the Canucks in hockey starved Europe - never listened when I lived in Vancouver).

Anyway, Sekeres is based in Vancouver and is very much a supporter of the Canucks. He's certainly not a diehard as he used to cover the Sens but I think he generally provides a fairly objective analysis of the Canucks.

He's also on the sarcastic side, which you probably guessed from the tone of the article. I actually quite liked it and think he's bang on about how the Canucks are perceived in the league. For whatever reason, there seem to be a lot of haters out there! It's sad really.

I mean Dave Bolland's comments? What a fucking sore loser. I read something about Toews making similiar remarks during the San Jose series but couldn't confirm the source. I'd expect more class from "Mr. Serious."

But perhaps it's a testament to how much people dislike the Canucks? Is it because they had such a great year? I really don't see how they are so unlikeable, particularly this year as Kesler and Burrows have really kept to playing between the whistles.

It's comical because out of any team, I would think the Bruins are a pretty despicable bunch. They work hard and are gritty but have been involved in a lot of late dirty play leading into this series. Lucic and Horton in particular have been gooning it up late in games.

Oh well, GAME ON!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

This is it, they're gooning up and want all others believe it's the other way around... holy shit, please Canucks make it fast, get the silver thing and make it stop already, i can't stand it anymore. GAME ON !!!
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

The hate is a joke. Living in Edmonton, I have been hearing it from the radio talk show hosts and some newspaper stuff, and way, way, too much at work. For some reason, every single dirty thing the Canucks do gets plastered all over the media everywhere, meanwhile, about 95% of the dirty stuff that the Bruins or the Blackhawks ever did against us doesn't get mentioned.

There was a poll taken saying that 7 out of 10 Canadians are supporting the Canucks. Yet many in the Edmonton based media keep saying the 'The Canucks aren't Canada's team' b.s. line. Blah, blah, blah, shut up whiners.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Cornuck wrote:Just read that one - classic!

Let them hate us, I don't care. Neither does the team, apparently. Maybe we can get the entire Original 6 to hate us if we keep this up.
Completely agree with this.

For obvious reasons - both Chicago and Calgary will have a bone to pick with the Canucks.

Let the haters hate.

It's a best of 3 series now boys. We held serve on our rink and Boston held serve on their's. The scores are irrelevant. At the end of the day, the only relevant score is 2-2.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Farhan Lalji wrote:It's a best of 3 series now boys. We held serve on our rink and Boston held serve on their's. The scores are irrelevant. At the end of the day, the only relevant score is 2-2.
I agree Farhan, though I wouldn't mind obliterating those petulant little pukes!
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

rockalt wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:It's a best of 3 series now boys. We held serve on our rink and Boston held serve on their's. The scores are irrelevant. At the end of the day, the only relevant score is 2-2.
I agree Farhan, though I wouldn't mind obliterating those petulant little pukes!
It's the same scenario with Chicago from 2009 and last year. If the Canucks attempt to "obliterate those petulant little pukes", then we are playing into their hands....and they will get into our heads. As was the case with Chicago, Boston thrives in the atmospheres of "trash talk, dirty play, and mean spiritedness." Apparently, the Eastern American media does so as well. Damn those guys! The media's of Boston, Chicago, New York, and Philly are like a pack of rabid dogs. :?

Canucks have to just focus on playing THEIR game instead of the opponent's.

Canucks have to get their PP and defensive game going. If the Canucks had those two things clicking these past two games, then it's a completely different story.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'd say that the Canucks have done a pretty job of turning the other cheek. They've skated away from a lot of bullshit throughout this and previous series. It's almost like Boston wants to goad them into a brawl. BTW: I wonder how Rypper is doing?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
rockalt wrote:
It's the same scenario with Chicago from 2009 and last year. If the Canucks attempt to "obliterate those petulant little pukes", then we are playing into their hands....and they will get into our heads. As was the case with Chicago, Boston thrives in the atmospheres of "trash talk, dirty play, and mean spiritedness." Apparently, the Eastern American media does so as well. Damn those guys! The media's of Boston, Chicago, New York, and Philly are like a pack of rabid dogs. :?

Canucks have to just focus on playing THEIR game instead of the opponent's.

Canucks have to get their PP and defensive game going. If the Canucks had those two things clicking these past two games, then it's a completely different story.
Whoops sorry I didn't mean "beat the shit out of them." Far from it. I just want to embarass them and blow them out 6-0. They've gotten so cocky after the last couple that it would be nice to see them get dominated and lose in embarassing fashion.

Of course I'd rather win 2 close games than blow them out in one and lose the series!

I don't care much for the after-whistle antics. The best revenge we can dole out is to hoist the cup in front of their faces.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

rockalt wrote: The best revenge we can dole out is to hoist the cup in front of their faces.
...in their building.