Canucks - Boston - what's your pick?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who will win the Cup?

Vancouver in 7
10%
Vancouver in 6
33%
Vancouver in 5
52%
Vancouver in 4
5%
Boston in 7
No votes
Boston in 6
No votes
Boston in 5
No votes
Boston in 4
No votes

Total votes: 21

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks - Boston - what's your pick?

Post by Cornuck »

It was nice to watch a game with no penalties for a change, and see Boston win the East.

So - who wins, and how many games?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Farhan Lalji

Re: Canucks - Boston - what's your pick?

Post by Farhan Lalji »

The Mother Canuckers in 6.

I think the series will play out very similarly to the Nashville series.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Farhan Lalji wrote:

I think the series will play out very similarly to the Nashville series.
Afraid so, the Sedins might well be shut down again, but there again maybe Kesler steps up and you have to think Vcr D will be more involved
cheers
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Being a Habs and Canucks fan, I have followed the Bruins this year. The Bruins have great difficulty with a speedy team. All the Canucks need to do is use their speed and they will be fine. Boston's D is too slow. The team is pretty undisciplined as well. Our only worries are who will they punch out once the game is over.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Honestly (i watched game 7 last night) and normally both of these teams are far weaker than the Canucks. Should be in 4 games but who knows what will happen beside the Hindu god :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I went with five... there just seem to be too many intangibles on Van's side in my opinion. Besides, winning on a friday night would be just Sofa King awesome!! :D
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

I've seen Bostons "A" game it doesn't compare with the Nucks. Also their puck control is aweful they will turn it over, so many times. Finally Bostons powerplay is anemic, and when they do score it is thru standard plays Luu can stop those. He just had problems with Nashvilles "garbage goals" from behind the net etc. Nucks in 5. Tim Thomas is no Renne.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Last night's game was the first that I watched in its entirety. I noticed that Tampa Bay seemed to get into Boston's zone at will. I think our speed is going to be very effective against the Bruins.

Thomas is looking good, but Luongo has .935 S% since game 4 of the Chicago series.

I don't see any area where Boston beats us. But still, this won't be an easy series.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Linden Is God wrote:Being a Habs and Canucks fan, I have followed the Bruins this year. The Bruins have great difficulty with a speedy team. All the Canucks need to do is use their speed and they will be fine. Boston's D is too slow. The team is pretty undisciplined as well. Our only worries are who will they punch out once the game is over.
That was kind of my thinking as well. If the Canucks can use their speed to their advantage, then the Bruins will take their fair share of penalties. Since Boston has a brutal special teams from what I understand, the Canucks should be able to take advantage of this.

Boston also appears to be very "Jekyll and Hyde" with their offense. Against teams that have a very weak team defense and/or shady goaltending (i.e. Philadelphia), or teams that are simply having an off-night from a team defense standpoint, Boston tends to light them up.

Against teams with a solid team defense however, they seem to have great difficulty in scoring.

As Cornuck pointed out, Boston will NOT be easy.........but I think the Canucks should be able to take them in 6.

I can see the Canucks holding Boston to 2 goals or less for most of the series, but Boston also having one break out game where they score 6 or 7.

A friend of mine who also watches Boston, also thinks that they are poor sports (i.e. taking liberties with opposing players after losing games, etc.).
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Farhan Lalji wrote:A friend of mine who also watches Boston, also thinks that they are poor sports (i.e. taking liberties with opposing players after losing games, etc.).
After every game they've lost in the playoffs, Horton and Lucic are out at the final horn punching whoever is closest to them. It's bush league and it adds to my hatred for the Bruins.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
West Coast Jets Fan
CC Veteran

Post by West Coast Jets Fan »

Nucks in 5

Outside of Chara, B's defence is one of the weakest we will play against. Kaberle? Seidenberg? Boychuck? Thomas makes them look good, when he is on, but as mentioned...he's no Renne.

Their forwards remind me of the Preds, big and have a little talent...but that's about it. Seems to be a ragtag bunch of pluggers and grinders. Sure Lucic is talented, but he is hardly lighting it up. Horton is their big goal guy, but isn't this Nathan Horton we're talking about...anyone remember him from Florida? Kreici is smooth, but soft and Bergeron always seems to be coming back from some injury. Reminds of Simon Gagne.

Coaching wise, AV and crew hands down are more cerebral and seem to make better decisions than Julien and his assistants. The Bruins don't seem to adjust well. Their .190 winning pct in the reg season when trailing after the 1st period doesn't bode well for adjusting, nor does their poor showing on playoff power plays.

Factor in the travel, something the Nucks should be used to by now and it looks good for our boys.

I like the Canucks in 5, but if it's 4,6 or 7 I don't care, just as long as we bring home the grail.
1972-1996

3 Avco Cups
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

West Coast Jets Fan wrote: I like the Canucks in 5, but if it's 4,6 or 7 I don't care, just as long as we bring home the grail.
Amen!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

OK I called it in 6.. but have no illusions that this will be a tough series for the Canucks.. TB would have been easier but am glad its Boston .. original 6 team. The last 3 regular season games against us Boston/Thomas won.. using brute strength , Chara neutralizing the twins and the last game Lucic going through our D to score the game winner.. Thomas / Luongo? look at the stats.. both can come up with great games.. I am betting on the Kesler line coming through.. plus our 3rd line warriors and our D playing a tough physical game.. 5 on 5 don't expect much from the Sedin's but if they call penalties against the Bruins ( a big if.. ) they will score on the PP.. With Manny likely back our PK will shut their PP down..
So Canucks in 6 :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice