We're going to the Finals!!!!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

We're going to the Finals!!!!

Post by Cornuck »

HELL YEAH!!!!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: We're going to the Finals!!!!

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:HELL YEAH!!!!
You better be go'n :drink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
The Blue Fairy
AHL Prospect

Post by The Blue Fairy »

Congrats! Canuck Fans. Been watching and in full play-off mode. I am always disappointed to have to pick another team to root for when my Blues make there traditional early exit. Provided they even make it. This rule isn't written in stone but if your team goes out you support your division, than your conference. I like Nashville but could see that they weren't going to make it. I have always disliked San Jose back to the Owen Nolen days and was disgusted with Joe Thornton for the blind side hit on David Perron. So I am happy you eliminated the Sharks.

Been following Tampa Bay to support Eric Brewer, former Blue, It would be the ultimate revenge if he won the cup because he was hated in St Louis just because he wasn't Chris Pronger. But I am having doubts about the Lightning. Find it hard to get behind Boston. Like Tim Thomas but wasn't happy with the hit on Patches in Montreal from Chara.

Sooo, I am pulling for your team, Think it might be Vancouver's year.

Good Luck! I'll be watching.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Blue Fairy wrote:Sooo, I am pulling for your team, Think it might be Vancouver's year.
Thanks Blue - welcome aboard! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
kevinwhip
AHL Prospect

Post by kevinwhip »

:crazy: it's a fact, wooooooo!!!
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

The Blue Fairy wrote:Congrats! Canuck Fans. Been watching and in full play-off mode. I am always disappointed to have to pick another team to root for when my Blues make there traditional early exit. Provided they even make it. This rule isn't written in stone but if your team goes out you support your division, than your conference. I like Nashville but could see that they weren't going to make it. I have always disliked San Jose back to the Owen Nolen days and was disgusted with Joe Thornton for the blind side hit on David Perron. So I am happy you eliminated the Sharks.

Been following Tampa Bay to support Eric Brewer, former Blue, It would be the ultimate revenge if he won the cup because he was hated in St Louis just because he wasn't Chris Pronger. But I am having doubts about the Lightning. Find it hard to get behind Boston. Like Tim Thomas but wasn't happy with the hit on Patches in Montreal from Chara.

Sooo, I am pulling for your team, Think it might be Vancouver's year.

Good Luck! I'll be watching.
Was in St Louis just last week, and the Blues fans I met were cheering us on. Thank you!

PS Have a Schlafly's for me....so good (the Hef is my fave)
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Kind of nice to sit back knowing we are IN !! hoping TB Beantown series goes for 7 and they beat on each other !! hope kesler , Erhoff will get rest and be in shape for the Finals.. Kesler on one leg reminded me of Yzerman.. playing on straight guts..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

drove from maple ridge all the way down to granville street last night for the insanity. i cant believe were really here! GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Tiger wrote:Kesler on one leg reminded me of Yzerman.. playing on straight guts..
Yep.

Luongo also reminded me of the 2007 version of Luongo last night.........playing like the monster that I know he's still capable of being on a more consistent basis.

Do I expect Luongo to be like that every night? Of course not. That would be unrealistic. However - I do think that Luongo is capable of playing the way he did last night on a more consistent basis, and I do think Luongo is capable of being the best goaltender in the league; bar none.

See? This is what separates me from a lot of other posters on here. Many people think that I was being unfair to Luongo.......and ironically enough, I felt the exact same way about those other posters that were criticising me.

Many posters on here felt that Luongo didn't need to be a "mega star" or "completely steal games" for us since everything was being done by committee (i.e. if someone is cold, another guy is hot, and everything kind of balances out, etc.). People also said things such as, "As Luongo doesn't prevent us from losing, he is doing his job."

Are you fucking me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

I know what I saw the entire 2007 season, and I know what I saw during most of the 2008/2009 season. I KNEW that Luongo was capable of being MORE. I knew that an acceptance of Luongo being a "very very good" but not an excellent goalie was selling him short. I still believe that. Last night.........we saw what Lou was capable of. Obviously, he won't play like that each and every night (it would obviously be unrealistic to expect that), but I do he can play like that on a more consistent basis.

Some people may not believe me here, but I'll go ahead and say it. If I had to pick ONE player that I hope is LIGHTS OUT during the Cup Finals (allowing us to win), my heart would hope for and pick Roberto Luongo. NOTHING would make me happier.....seriously.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

nucklehead_88 wrote:drove from maple ridge all the way down to granville street last night for the insanity. i cant believe were really here! GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched the game at CBC (West Georgia and Hamilton). The place was ELECTRIC!!!!!!! Such an amazing atmosphere. I didn't drink or go clubbing last night, but it was still one of the greatest nights of my life.......just absorbing the downtown and sky train atmosphere's.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I am starting to get excited.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hard to believe its not even starting tomorrow....3 more days yet to go.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy