Who looks better now?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: Who looks better now?

Post by the toucan kid »

And the rumors begin: Intrigue at Canucks practice: Bieksa talks to GM Gillis, Rypien not on ice
Wouldn't want to speculate on Rypien's personal issues... but there's clearly something up there.

As for Bieksa... tough to imagine us getting anything but cap space, but we'll see.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

the toucan kid wrote:
And the rumors begin: Intrigue at Canucks practice: Bieksa talks to GM Gillis, Rypien not on ice
Wouldn't want to speculate on Rypien's personal issues... but there's clearly something up there.

As for Bieksa... tough to imagine us getting anything but cap space, but we'll see.

i call it as nothing. Rypien could be taking a maitnence day, and Bieksa could be helping GMMG plan the Secret Santa for all we know. could be nothing, could be a trade....i love this :D
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

nucklehead_88 wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:

i call it as nothing. Rypien could be taking a maitnence day, and Bieksa could be helping GMMG plan the Secret Santa for all we know. could be nothing, could be a trade....i love this :D
Rypien is out indefinitely for personal reasons. The second time. Rumour is that mentally he's not 100% and there MAY be substance abuse. Can't vouch for either though, just stuff flying in the air.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Rick Rypien is on leave yet again like he was a couple of seasons ago. It really doesn't matter why he is taking time off, but what is important is that Rypien and the Canucks see it as a benefit on a humanistic level, not just a playing level. Whatever it is, I hope the best for Rypien and all those involved.

Iain McIntyre from the Sun take on it

Canucks try to help the person, not the player, as Rypien leaves again

By Iain_MacIntyre 25 Nov 2010 COMMENTS(0) Puckworld

The Vancouver Canucks aren't concerned about losing Rick Rypien as a player. They're trying to make sure they don't lose him as a person.

Neither player nor club has ever explained Rypien's months-long leave of absence two years ago, and it doesn't appear any details will be offered this time, as coach Alain Vigneault refused this morning to discuss the latest leave. But Rypien's "personal" issues are widely believed related to the 25-year-old's mental health. The Canucks will be doing everything they can to help him.

General manager Mike Gillis delivered to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman an impassioned defence of Rypien a month ago after the Canuck grabbed a fan on his way to the dressing room in Minnesota. Bettman, aware of Rypien's issues from two years ago, subsquently suspended the winger for six games -- shorter than many people expected.

The Canucks stuck by Rypien then, and they'll do so now. Renowned sports psychologist Len Zaichkowsky is a full-time member of the Canucks' staff and a constant presence around the team. Rypien will get whatever help he needs and is willing to accept. Rypien was a healthy scratch the last three games and has been largely ineffective this season. He's not a player the team needs right now. But he's a person they badly want to keep in their organization.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fred wrote: I suggested that Scheafer should have been let go, guess what they've now done that and I thought Morriosn had won a place on the team by merit...well he's in the NHL, Hodgson and Schearfer are not. as I predicated, and further, on a bad team. He has 15 pts which would put him third highest guy on the Nucks roster.
In addition to mangling the english language worse than Jean Chretien you can't wrap your bulbous melon around the fact that Morrison is getting gobs more icetime in Calgary than he would EVER get here. You keep bringing up his point totals to back up the fact you love him and have severe bulging lovers nuts and likely sport a rail when his name comes up. We get it- you enjoy the man- but get over it because he is not on the team anymore.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fred wrote: I suggested that Scheafer should have been let go, guess what they've now done that and I thought Morriosn had won a place on the team by merit...well he's in the NHL, Hodgson and Schearfer are not. as I predicated, and further, on a bad team. He has 15 pts which would put him third highest guy on the Nucks roster.
In addition to mangling the english language worse than Jean Chretien you can't wrap your bulbous melon around the fact that Morrison is getting gobs more icetime in Calgary than he would EVER get here. You keep bringing up his point totals to back up the fact you love him and have severe bulging lovers nuts and likely sport a rail when his name comes up. We get it- you enjoy the man- but get over it because he is not on the team anymore.
:D

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm surprised people are still bringing this subject after Morrison's production has really faded. Obviously BMo is a superior player to Peter Schaefer but like Blob already said, it's not as if Morrison would be posting the same numbers playing on our fourth line. Morrison's decent given his versatility but it's not as if he's a prototype gritty 4th line player. I'm much happier paying 2.5 to Malhotra, who I think really bolsters the strength of our bottom 6 (early in the season I hear comparisons between the two given Morrison's superior numbers)
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I had a (wet) dream last night that Morrison got traded to Detroit.....and then Naslund signed with the Wings shortly before the trade deadline.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Farhan Lalji wrote:I had a (wet) dream last night that Morrison got traded to Detroit.....and then Naslund signed with the Wings shortly before the trade deadline.
when dreaming like that, be sure to wear a condom so those dreams don't spread.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

rockalt wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm surprised people are still bringing this subject after Morrison's production has really faded. Obviously BMo is a superior player to Peter Schaefer but like Blob already said, it's not as if Morrison would be posting the same numbers playing on our fourth line. Morrison's decent given his versatility but it's not as if he's a prototype gritty 4th line player. I'm much happier paying 2.5 to Malhotra, who I think really bolsters the strength of our bottom 6 (early in the season I hear comparisons between the two given Morrison's superior numbers)
Based just on points, Tambellini should be giving the Morisson fan's a big load of hot sticky. But, for the Canucks, Tambellini has been a great fit for the 3rd/4th line, and Mo's usefullness had been discussed enough
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

NUCKLEHEAD!!!!

Your a Steel Pather fan!!!

AWESOME!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:I had a (wet) dream last night that Morrison got traded to Detroit.....and then Naslund signed with the Wings shortly before the trade deadline.
when dreaming like that, be sure to wear a condom so those dreams don't spread.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Madcombinepilot wrote:NUCKLEHEAD!!!!

Your a Steel Pather fan!!!

AWESOME!

seeing em tonight at the Commedor ;) third time seeing them too
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson