Hordichuk traded for Andrew Peters

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Hordichuk traded for Andrew Peters

Post by Canuck-One »

Hordichuk traded to Florida for Andrew Peters. Great trade by MG as Andrews is 6' 4" and 240lbs. He is a legitimate HW and can stand toe to toe with the best of them. He is also on a two way with no waiver problems and can be brought up when needed and returned to Manitoba when he isn't. Let's face it folks there will be games when we will need a guy like this and our softer forwards will be glad he is in the line up.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Hordichuk traded for Andrew Peters

Post by Jelly »

Panthers got the better player / fighter.

We got a 2 way contract that we can send down, got Hordichuk a NHL roster spot that would allow him to stay in the league.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

look forward to seeing him called up when we take on the flames, kings and hawks... leaves.

Figure we see Hordi on Monday?

agreed Jelly to a degree. Peters i think is a better fit because he will only be in games where there is a legitimate heavyweight. Hordichuk, ya he can be good on the forecheck at times but he was a loose cannon much of the time. I couldn't stand it when our own players would start fights and he would try and jump in and finish it. Would rather he stands up for guys that don't need to fight or are being pushed around. Peters i bet plays about 10 games this year if that.

I like what Gillis is doing with helping out players that are NHLers and not burying them in the minors
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

another good move. :)
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

There you all got your thug. Some will think Peters should win the team MVP in spite of the fact that he will mean nothing to the team's fortunes... but I'm bored with that topic.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Broda wrote:look forward to seeing him called up when we take on the flames, kings and hawks... leaves.
Don't forget about the Thrashers (i.e. Byfuglien, Ladd, Eager). Peters better play and fight in that game.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Don't forget about the Thrashers (i.e. Byfuglien, Ladd, Eager). Peters better play and fight in that game.
Why, he can't do anything against any of those guys? I guess Eager might fight him... big deal. This is all such BS.

And, yes I know I just said I was tired of this topic. :lol:
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote:
Why, he can't do anything against any of those guys? I guess Eager might fight him... big deal. This is all such BS.
Do you want Rypien or Glass fighting Boogaard ? I don't. Stortini ?

He won't dress against a lot of teams and he won't play a lot either. Is he necessary ? Gillis thinks so, obviously.

I wouldn't make too much out of this. He won't take up a lot of cap space and if we get tight on the cap he will be back and forth to Winnipeg. He could play all year there for all we know. Call it insurance against other teams trying to take lumber to the Sedins.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I want Peters in the line up against the leaves, hoping for a reenactment of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=349LLDpOtyE

Or maybe he was picked up to keep Alberts in line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd4mJ1m9 ... re=related
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

the toucan kid wrote:

There's always womens hockey. I don't think there is too much of the rough stuff there TK. Or you could try figure skating, ice dancing etc. I guess Men's hockey isn't for everyone.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Peters is a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f55LjG_2ko

Should be some good ones vs. Stortini, MacIntyre, Parros, Ivanans etc.

Regardless of what at least one poster here thinks ... fighting is still a necessary component of the game at times.
A legit HW is occasionaly required ... especially when facing the above noted players.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Well the guy doesn't look like the sharpest knife in the drawer but at least he had the decency to let up when Alberts fell to his knees in their dust-up.

EDIT: wow he's also the guy who Ruutu bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVLBUToV ... re=related
Last edited by ClamRussel on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

the toucan kid wrote:

Are you saying that Peters can't take Byfuglien or Ladd, or are you saying that Byfuglien/Ladd won't "step up to the plate" (I suspect that you're implying the latter but I just wanted to be sure).

Byfuglien and Ladd are proud men. In a non-playoff atmosphere, I think they would accept the challenge if challenged. Byfuglien is bigger than Peters and I highly doubt that the Byfuglien would pass on the opportunity of attempting to humiliate the Canucks yet again. Only this time though, we wouldn't take it like a bitch?
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Byfuglien doesn't even fight.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Peters won't play for Vancouver this year. He's shit.

This was about getting Hordi out of Vancouver (classy move on MG's part). We're not going to have a fighting team this year.

I'm going to laugh when we get the REAL Bieksa back.