Tommy Larscheid (70), hangs 'em up

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Tommy Larscheid (70), hangs 'em up

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Robert wrote:Very strange post blob. You dislike Dave for not being like Tom, whom you dislike also. Plus, once I read someone calling Tom a homer now I know they don't know what they're talking about and using that for a personal grip. I thought I got past educating people about what's a homer and what isn't. Stupid

If true I'm pissed at the team pushing Tommy out; why the hell do that? ONE MORE YEAR!! As noted, it sure would be unfair to the greatest extent if the Canucks win his first year out.. ouch! He's the best. Dam

I liked Dave alot as host with Blake, he'll be fine but it will take some years to get used to the fact Tommy's not there anymore.
What the hell is so strange about the post ? I dislike Dave because he sucks and has no personality. His playing career and presentation also leave a lot to be desired, but I could certainly look past the fact he had no game if he actually had some charm or some charisma. Larscheid if nothing else posessed both of those qualities.

So you're saying I don't know what a homer is ? OK Einstein what is it? Larscheid was a huge homer and really I am not that bothered by it as he is on a station that is local as opposed to a tit like Bob Cole who is on the national station for the country. You can feel free to "educate" me Robert, but it might not go so well for you.

The fact that you like Dave and Blake together speaks volumes to me. Those guys are two of the most bland, talentless slobs to grace the airwaves in any city. But hey some people thought John Mckeachie and JP McConnel were decent back in the day too.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

blob, a homer is an announcer/colour guy who tilts the ice in one direction. A homer is someone who chooses to wax poetic at their home team and ignore any of their faults or poor play all the while attacking the other team.A homer gives you a very biased view of the realitiy on the ice. A homer is someone (don cherry) who says "WE" (for the laffs) on a national broadcast and not the local coverage.

The teams own announcers who work for that city and their fans (team 1040) are allowed to actually cheer for their own team whom they work for. Larsheid never ever overlooked poor play by any Canuck or Canuck team on the whole, if they sucked he said it, if Bertuzzi deserved to be called a candy ass he did it.

If you want to hear homers listen to most american colour guys who will paint a very biased picture, not Larcheid.

Einstein.

The rest about whether you like so and so's personality is just subjective, and hey not much can be done about that.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Here's a good story on Tommy. It's worth a read.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

What some miss is Larscheid was an entertainer rtaher than a "homer" two different animals. I enjoyed listening to Larscheid because like some music it was easy listening. He made good point, called out some players and praised others. But most of all he was always cheerful and it drew you back again and again
cheers
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Larchied loved the team, but wasn't a homer in the true sense of the word. He called the players out like others have said here, but cheered when the scored and brought the listener into the game. I'll miss him enthusiasm, and I hope the new guy is 1/2 as good.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

True that, being a fan doesn't make you a homer if you call it fairly and he was the most honest in the business. For those that haven't caught it yet, he was on for an hour with Dave and Don. Lots of good stories and audio clips there.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

I hope the Canucks does something to honor Tommy, he has given 33 years of his life to the city and the organization.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Well he is doing the game tonight, and all I heard was how much of a celebration this is going to be, I'm sure there will be some sort of tie in no?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Robert wrote:blob, a homer is an announcer/colour guy who tilts the ice in one direction. A homer is someone who chooses to wax poetic at their home team and ignore any of their faults or poor play all the while attacking the other team.A homer gives you a very biased view of the realitiy on the ice. A homer is someone (don cherry) who says "WE" (for the laffs) on a national broadcast and not the local coverage.

The teams own announcers who work for that city and their fans (team 1040) are allowed to actually cheer for their own team whom they work for. Larsheid never ever overlooked poor play by any Canuck or Canuck team on the whole, if they sucked he said it, if Bertuzzi deserved to be called a candy ass he did it.

If you want to hear homers listen to most american colour guys who will paint a very biased picture, not Larcheid.

Einstein.

The rest about whether you like so and so's personality is just subjective, and hey not much can be done about that.
I hate to break the bad news to you chief, but a guy can still be a homer regardless of whether he takes the home team to task on occasion. There are degrees of homers Mr Robert and Tommy is definitely a homer. Everybody else seems to realize this but you.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”