Sutter has officially lost his nut

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Puck
MVP
MVP

Re: Sutter has officially lost his nut

Post by Puck »

These "don't have to worry about" comments seem like bad karma to me. Two years ago they really were not that bad, any suggestion that they are going to suck is wishful thinking. We may have improved, but the other Western conference teams are not standing still...
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

San Jose is ditching Thornton and Nabakov, sure, Mr.NoShow doesn't rise to the level in the playoffs, but in regular season? he's a beast. Nabakov will surely be missed, Nittymaki and Greiss? That's not a division winning tantem, I could easily see LA, Phoenix and Anaheim all chasing down SJ, with LA having a solid shot at winning that division.

Chicago, lost their warriors, Versteeg, Ladd, Bufflyn, Eager, Burish, Madden, and that seriously can't be replaced. They will start losing those close games in the regular season because they just don't have those guys that's willing to battle it out.

Phoenix lost Z on the back line, added some depth, but again, that uncertainty of who the hell owns the team should now start haunting them.

Detroit is another year older, and rookie goalies who had a great season, usually come back down to earth, watch for Howard to struggle out of the gates.

If LA can't shore up their D and replace Frolov, they might slide down, but the kids are all developing, so they should remain even, and may get better if they can get some free agents.

Nashville? Literally NHL's development team. Losing Hamhuis is going to hurt, but not enough for them go to lower in standings, but are they really comfortable with being mediocre?

Colorado loses a bunch of older players, and will rely on the kids, and my money is on them slipping a little.

Blues got Halak, watch out. the young core is a year older and i would not be surprised if they pull a 4th seed or even win their division if they avoid injury bug and Halak stays playing lights out.

Columbus, if they can get Mason going again, they'll challenge for 8/9, but the West is just too damn tough.

Dallas is on the rebound, but I just don't see them being a threat at all.

Calgary? Edmonton? Minnesota? No scoring, no defense, no goalie, pick two of three for each. Minnesota is better off, but unless they unload Harding, their not going to get offense to win them close games.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

:D I think Sutter and King are doing a great job in Calgary. Jokeinen is a great re-sign for them :D
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!