Manny Malhotra to Canucks

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

trouble

Re: Manny Malhotra to Canucks

Post by trouble »

I like the signing of Malhotra. He is a big center that is amazing on the face off. Plays tough and can score if needed, but will help the PK. With Malhotra signed you can waive goodbye to Johnson/Wellwood

Gillis is filling all the holes we had last season.. The Canucks are getting bigger and meaner. They are gonna be a fun team to watch next season. I don't think Gillis is done with adding players.

Also there will be a trade for sure with either Bieska, SOB or Alberts,

I also think if Mitchell can pass his test he will be back. Only way he leaves Vancouver is if they don't want him.. They could sign him for 1 to 2 million with Bonuses

Players can see whats happening here. They see a team that is going for it and want to be a part of it

The D will be awesome with. By far the best in the NHL

Hamhuis Ballard
Ehrhoff Edler
Salo Mitchell
Rome
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I'm starting to think both Mitchell & SOB will be retained. Keep in mind Salo will most likely be gone after this year and with Bieksa the most appealing trade commodity we have on the back end (moreso than SOB or Alberts) I think we'll need to keep SOB for his grit. Salo will probably only play 55 games anyways so we're going to need a guy like O'Brien to step in. If we have a 2nd injury (very likely as we saw last year) we have Rome & Alberts as recalls from Manitoba. Imagine, Mitchell (at a reasonable price) as our no.6. We certainly don't have any of the top defencemen in the NHL but by committee is there any team stronger? Best blueline we've ever had!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I have no problem resigning Mitchell to a 1.5m contract with bonuses, AND keeping Bxa. If (by some miracle) we have 9 healthy Dmen at the trade deadline, we will be in a position to make choices if it turns oput that we have a deficency somewhere else.. heck we might even be able to pick up a draft pick or two.

Or it could just turn out that like 4 of the last 5 yeares, we simply need 9 frikkin defencemen.

in fact, I hope MG can find us a good D prospect, that canpush from the moose, just to be sure....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

*looks at the sky*

*wishes Luc was still here*

god dammit.

With people missing time all the time, if the right trade doesn't come along, I could see us keeping all the D, and waive Alberts and SOB.

If KB4 can be traded, then maybe we'll resign Mitchell at a smaller cap hit, or keep SOB.

But you gotta think Rome is above SOB on the depth chart. Common guys, grit is one thing, but SOB does not deserve a spot, not with all the rumors of him gaining weight already..
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

What rumours? Seriously?? ...you sure the rumours aren't old in regards to the Olympic break fiasco?
That would be seriously disappointing if he regressed again.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

ClamRussel wrote:What rumours? Seriously?? ...you sure the rumours aren't old in regards to the Olympic break fiasco?
That would be seriously disappointing if he regressed again.

take it with a grain of salt, Jelly has a SERIOUS hate on for SOB. regardless of how much better he playes.

Jell-0 seriously whats up man? did he assault your mom or something?
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

He costed us two stanley cups!

and he doesn't appreciate how great it is to be an NHL player, living the dream of hundreds of thousands of fans across Canada who couldn't make it to pro level, and countless more fans who never got a chance to play the game as a kid.

anyone that treats the game like that does not deserve to be in the game.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Jelly wrote:And I'd like to point out that the NTC provides stability for the Canucks as well in the 3rd line center role, how many have we gone through in the last 10 years?

How does a no trade clause offer stability? All it does it handcuff the team.. I would say length of term of a contract offers stability.

I've the same questions about this signing as Sid.. Blake Price spent a good time on it yesterday; what has he done to deserve such a raise? No one wanted him last year and didn't sign till september.. and now this? Wellwood also performs better in the playoffs costing much less.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Wellwood can't play PK, and Malhotra is significantly bigger,

both are great in faceoffs. but with malhotra's size, he wins out.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jelly wrote:He costed us two stanley cups!

and he doesn't appreciate how great it is to be an NHL player, living the dream of hundreds of thousands of fans across Canada who couldn't make it to pro level, and countless more fans who never got a chance to play the game as a kid.

Gimme a break. Half of the Oilers from the dynasty years were high on coke regularily. Ryan O'Byrne stealing chicks purses (obviously while gooned), pictures of Malkin and Staal lighting up the clubs, ditto for Price, Phaneuf and Kipprusoff. A few of the guys that recently lifted the cup caught with swamp donkey's in a limo.

SOB isn't the only guy in the league that needs to grow up and learn to act more professionally. But just because he (like others) are professional hockey players, doesn't mean he's not a human being... complete with vices, mistakes and the need to cut loose.

Whatever it is Jelly, get over it.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Jelly wrote:He costed us two stanley cups!

Gimme a break. Half of the Oilers from the dynasty years were high on coke regularily. Ryan O'Byrne stealing chicks purses (obviously while gooned), pictures of Malkin and Staal lighting up the clubs, ditto for Price, Phaneuf and Kipprusoff. A few of the guys that recently lifted the cup caught with swamp donkey's in a limo.

SOB isn't the only guy in the league that needs to grow up and learn to act more professionally. But just because he (like others) are professional hockey players, doesn't mean he's not a human being... complete with vices, mistakes and the need to cut loose.

Whatever it is Jelly, get over it.

agreed. plus one guy doesn't lose a team 2 cups....and if they did....i believe that would be the goalie who let chicago light him up. twice. he's a 6th d-man Jelly. he plays a whole 15 minutes a night or less. he does his job. seriously. get over it
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

I was joking about the two cups.

i mean, fine, you guys don't like my views, then just ignore it.
you guys are happy about having mediocre expectations out of the players, then sure, stay satisfied with 2nd round exits.