Wow Bettman is a condescending patronising weasel

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: Wow Bettman is a condescending patronising weasel

Post by LotusBlossom »

ClamRussel wrote:
Fred wrote:The problem like it or not is American fans do not attend games featuring Cdn teams. More Cdn team from parts of the world many americans have no idea where it is does not sit well. American fans who attend game against the NY Rangers do not attend games featuring Edmonton, Calgary and maybe Vcr. With a gate driven sport it's a big item, they want more Rnagers, Chicago LA not Winnipeg
You sure about that? ....or is it the networks don't want to broadcast Cdn teams, hmmm? My guess is attendance in certain US markets is abysmal whether its Calgary or LA visiting. Be careful not to generalize because in good US hockey markets I bet the fans love to see Cdn teams come down as they know the roots of the game and the players are all international anyways.

In Phoenix, their attendance is actually slightly higher when Canadian teams visit because of all the Snow Birds down in and around that area. Same goes for Tampa Bay and the Florida Panthers. Did you guys know about 45% of the population of Clearwater, Florida is Canadian transplants?

Just some food for thought.

This isn't just coming out of my ass, I used to live in Atlanta (Pre Thrashers) and had to drive to Florida and NC to watch my hockey. Also, for those that know me, I travel to watch hockey in different arenas quite often throughout the season, and attendance is abysmal in certain markets whether they play the Blue Jackets or the Canucks.

I'll let you know what it's like in Atlanta and Jersey, and Pittsburgh next season for those will be my targeted arenas to complete the tour du NHL. After that, I'll be done.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

In Phoenix, their attendance is actually slightly higher when Canadian teams visit because of all the Snow Birds down in and around that area. Same goes for Tampa Bay and the Florida Panthers. Did you guys know about 45% of the population of Clearwater, Florida is Canadian transplants?
I believe...I believe. And while that really helps when it comes to American interest in Cdn visiting teams I think that is also true. I recall listening to a US NHL colour commentator discussing this, some thing I had never thought of, but is more than possible considering most don't know if Calgary is a city or a State :D
cheers
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Fred wrote:...considering most don't know if Calgary is a city or a State.
It's a glorified back 40.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

At the Sports Business Awards,

Gary Bettman - Sports Executive of the Year

The Gary Bettman lead NHL - Sports League of the Year

The 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic at the University of Michigan's "Big House," hosted by the Gary Bettman lead NHL - Sports Event of the Year

The man who negotiated labour peace and definitive TV rights deals in Canada and the USA has justifiably been honoured by those who measure performance in the business of sports.

Thank you Mr. Bettman, there is no doubt you have earned these honours.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Is the sports business awards run by Jacobs? Just wondering.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote:Wow Clam - it's almost like you're surprised! :D
My sentiments exactly! :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.